Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The English media overrated him so now he's getting some backlash but he's still a very good talent. His run for Naismith's goal against Arsenal and his goal against WBA are evidence of that.

Despite his flaws he's still by far the best striker in his age group.

The English media overrated him so now he's getting some backlash but he's still a very good talent. His run for Naismith's goal against Arsenal and his goal against WBA are evidence of that.

Despite his flaws he's still by far the best striker in his age group.

Agreed but because of that there seems to be some natural assumption that he will be one if the best at 26. There's every chance players his age we haven't even heard yet of will overtake him in the next 5 years.

A decent talent but his flaws will prevent him from getting to the very top, a good PL scorer in the mould of Darren Bent and Micheal Owen will be his ceiling in my opinion.

Agreed but because of that there seems to be some natural assumption that he will be one if the best at 26. There's every chance players his age we haven't even heard yet of will overtake him in the next 5 years.

A decent talent but his flaws will prevent him from getting to the very top, a good PL scorer in the mould of Darren Bent and Micheal Owen will be his ceiling in my opinion.

Did you just group Darren Bent with Michael Owen lol? The same Michael Owen that scored 46 goals in 2 seasons before his 20th birthday?

If Lukaku ever reaches Owen's prime he would be the best striker on the planet.

Will we stop hearing how he would have won us the league last season when he clearly wouldn't have.

But he scored goals despite his flaws. Goals win games. So just because his overall play has not been up to scratch so far that does not deny the fact that he scores and will continue. I will put my house on it, that Lukaku gets into double figures once again. I am sure Lukaku would have made an impact for us last seaosn, especially coming of the bench. So tbh I think we would have won the league with him tbh.

But he scored goals despite his flaws. Goals win games. So just because his overall play has not been up to scratch so far that does not deny the fact that he scores and will continue. I will put my house on it, that Lukaku gets into double figures once again. I am sure Lukaku would have made an impact for us last seaosn, especially coming of the bench. So tbh I think we would have won the league with him tbh.

With the rotation he would face I reckon he would have got about 9 in the league like Eto'o, and there is also the general play to consider.

Edens second goal against Newcastle would never have happened if Lukaku played over Samuel, neither would Oscar's vs Fulham (Samuel got a shot away under pressure which Stockdale parried in Oscar's path).

There's a lot more to it than he would have scored then, then and then.

There's also the impact Eto'o had over Hazard, which can't be understated.

I think he is one of those players that do really well early in his career just because of his physicality. That really helps him early on. The problem with being over reliant on physical attributes is that he has obviously neglected the technical aspects of his game. This really hinders his development and tbh I think he will stagnate at this level if he doesn't improve it.

A fit Michael Owen was the very top. Injuries are what stopped him, not a lack of talent.

He won the Ballon d'Or ffs...

A fit Michael Owen was the very top. Injuries are what stopped him, not a lack of talent.

He won the Ballon d'Or ffs...

I accept the mistake about Owen, I was mainly thinking about his late career.

It stands about Bent tho.

Muh, he's obviously having his first real dip. Too soon to write him off for me. :)

He'll never be Zlatan, that's for sure. But no one in the world ever said Pipo Inzaghi was a beautiful player. We'll see where it got him when he's 36. :)

The thing which will in my opinion stop him reaching the highest level is his technique. He will score goals wherever I don't doubt that, however the days of getting away with playing average and having bad play as lot as long as you score for a forward are long gone, Gomez goal record in 11/12 was the best in Europe bar the two super human freaks, yet was dropped for Mandzukic the following summer.

I will personally be amazed If he comes back to haunt us (and I don't mean scoring against us, if he stays at Everton for a decade then law of averages suggest he will get one past us at some point, its just the nature of the game, Borini ended our title bid, doesn't mean we should have kept him).

I will admit Im glad we sold him and that he was overpriced.

But some people seem to forget how young this guy is. He is being compared to players such as Costa, which is just stuipid.

I definatley think he will become better, for the simple reason that he has a lot of talent and his young age. The age 21 for a striker is like 4-8 years away from the normal "prime".