Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I see two things;

1.) Lukaku is 20 yrs old and has plenty of time. Who knows, maybe he will explode at age 25?? Give the kid time

2.) At the moment he isnt ready for Chelsea and as long he wont be ready, he wont play regular here. That means, he will either go on loans for few more seasons or get side chances here in less important games. Chelsea isnt the proper club for his development at all. Mourinho wont play him ahead of more experienced players (abd

2.) At the moment he isnt ready for Chelsea

In what way?

We must be the only club who could say that a striker who has scored the same number of goals as Rooney and Giroud 'isn't ready'. At some point the club has to have the balls to give youngsters a chance but there's a fear and that seems to emanate from a certain section of the support.

I see three things;

1.) Lukaku is 20 yrs old and has plenty of time. Who knows, maybe he will explode at age 25?? Give the kid time.

2.) At the moment he isnt ready for Chelsea and as long he wont be ready, he wont play regular here. That means, he will either go on loans for few more seasons or get side chances here in less important games. Chelsea isnt the proper club for his development at all. Mourinho wont play him ahead of more experienced strikers.

3.) Lukaku scores goals for West Brom. Everton. Belgium. But he doesnt score them for Chelsea (yet, he got little chance). That is major difference. We all know Ba scored goals for nufc, Torres scored for Lpool. They dont do it here. As long Lukaku is banging goals for Everton, that means little for Chelsea. He will need to score goals for us, nothing else will matter. And the biggest trick will be to handle pressure.

Atm, he is better than other 20yrs old strikers, he is goalscoring machine in mid club(s). But he isnt ready to be main man at Chelsea. Not yet. Simple as that. He doesnt have experience nor tactical sense to fit Mourinho. But he has talent and belongs to Chelsea. Lets hope it works out.

3.) Lukaku scores goals for West Brom. Everton. Belgium. But he doesnt score them for Chelsea (yet, he got little chance). That is major difference. We all know Ba scored goals for nufc, Torres scored for Lpool. They dont do it here. As long Lukaku is banging goals for Everton, that means little for Chelsea. He will need to score goals for us, nothing else will matter. And the biggest trick will be to handle pressure.

Atm, he is better than other 20yrs old strikers, he is goalscoring machine in mid club(s). But he isnt ready to be main man at Chelsea. Not yet. Simple as that. He doesnt have experience nor tactical sense to fit Mourinho. But he has talent and belongs to Chelsea. Lets hope it works out.

So if playing for these teams doesn't mean anything, why are we sending him on loan there?

If he doesn't have the tactical sense to fit Mourinho, wouldn't he be better served playing under a manager like Mourinho? Someone who looks like Mourinho, sounds like Mourinho, smells like Mourinho and MIGHT EVEN BE CALLED JOSE FUCKING MOURINHO???

Oh yeah, Martinez.

I can´t believe someone would say Lukaku is rough in technical department.

Haha, you've got to be kidding. Lukaku is about the roughest technical player in history. Even when he still played in the (pathetic) Belgian league, he was considered as one of the least technical strikers of the competition. Anyone with a healthy set of eyes can see that my friend.

But that doesn't mean that the lad can't score goals. And that he can't be a threat for every defense. All I'm saying is I understand how he might not be suited for Chelsea's short passing style of play.

So if playing for these teams doesn't mean anything, why are we sending him on loan there?

If he doesn't have the tactical sense to fit Mourinho, wouldn't he be better served playing under a manager like Mourinho? Someone who looks like Mourinho, sounds like Mourinho, smells like Mourinho and MIGHT EVEN BE CALLED JOSE FUCKING MOURINHO???

Oh yeah, Martinez.

In all honesty it means nothing. Danny was successful loan, see where he is now. Lukaku is developing as player but so far it means nothing to his Chelsea career yet. Atm Mourinho could be planning to get Falcao and if he decides so, Lukaku career here might be over for now.

In what way?

We must be the only club who could say that a striker who has scored the same number of goals as Rooney and Giroud 'isn't ready'. At some point the club has to have the balls to give youngsters a chance but there's a fear and that seems to emanate from a certain section of the support.

How many top clubs actually have a 20 year old leading there line? (now and in the recent past).

Mikeal Forsell got 17 goals for Birmingham (in less games than Lukaku got for WBA) in 2003/2004, imagine if we didn't sign Drogba and threw all our eggs in that particular basket?

Van Persie had to wait 5 years to be Arsenal's undisputed number one.

Haha, you've got to be kidding. Lukaku is about the roughest technical player in history. Even when he still played in the (pathetic) Belgian league, he was considered as one of the least technical strikers of the competition. Anyone with a healthy set of eyes can see that my friend.

But that doesn't mean that the lad can't score goals. And that he can't be a threat for every defense. All I'm saying is I understand how he might not be suited for Chelsea's short passing style of play.

Who cares about it ? I see, many technical footballers around, but they can´t pop one goal in if their life depends on it.

Is Lukaku not scoring ? His drive on the net, his physical present scares defenders.

In all honesty it means nothing. Danny was successful loan, see where he is now. Lukaku is developing as player but so far it means nothing to his Chelsea career yet. Atm Mourinho could be planning to get Falcao and if he decides so, Lukaku career here might be over for now.

So if it means nothing what is the point?

How many top clubs actually have a 20 year old leading there line? (now and in the recent past).

Mikeal Forsell got 17 goals for Birmingham (in less games than Lukaku got for WBA) in 2003/2004, imagine if we didn't sign Drogba and threw all our eggs in that particular basket?

Van Persie had to wait 5 years to be Arsenal's undisputed number one.

No offence mate, but I couldn't give a fuck. How many of the teams above us have two past-it strikers and one never-was?

Lukaku is the best goalscorer that we own. He's also got the most potential but we sent him on loan rather than give him the chance. Now I don't know why the club is so gutless in this regard and I don't know if the fans who defend their deals are the cause or a result of their thinking but it's completely anathema to what I understand supporting a club is.

Shouldn't supporters want to see clubs BUILDING a team that they can support? At the moment we seem to have a not inconsiderable number of voices who live from transfer window to transfer window to see which shiny new toys we get to play with, rather than sticking with young men who want to play for this club.

We literally have the choice between a young Chelsea supporter who just happens to be one of the brightest prospects in Europe and who has scored as many goals this season as the striker for the team in first place (and more than any of our strikers has scored), or a guy who went to fucking Monaco to play in front of one man and his dog.

So if it means nothing what is the point?

No offence mate, but I couldn't give a fuck. How many of the teams above us have two past-it strikers and one never-was?

Lukaku is the best goalscorer that we own. He's also got the most potential but we sent him on loan rather than give him the chance. Now I don't know why the club is so gutless in this regard and I don't know if the fans who defend their deals are the cause or a result of their thinking but it's completely anathema to what I understand supporting a club is.

Shouldn't supporters want to see clubs BUILDING a team that they can support? At the moment we seem to have a not inconsiderable number of voices who live from transfer window to transfer window to see which shiny new toys we get to play with, rather than sticking with young men who want to play for this club.

We literally have the choice between a young Chelsea supporter who just happens to be one of the brightest prospects in Europe and who has scored as many goals this season as the striker for the team in first place (and more than any of our strikers has scored), or a guy who went to fucking Monaco to play in front of one man and his dog.

There's building a team and then there's completely relying on kids, i have seen Arsenal teams completely crumble under that formula and even they had some form of experience with the likes of Rosicky. Remember when we started with four 22 year old's as our main attackers at Old Trafford and looked absolutely clueless going forward?

Could you imagine if we were in a top 4 fight this season we had to go to Anfield end of April 1-0 down 10 minutes left and we needed Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar and Lukaku to muster up something to get us out of the shit? Talented players with great future's, but that front four turning a loss into a win like that in the blink of an eye at a young age? If role's were reversed and we were 1-0 up in the same game, who would you be more fearful of dragging Liverpool back into it, Gerrard or Coutinho?

Ofcourse i would like to see us build a team, what i don't want to see is us turning into Arsenal of the 00's or Roy Evans Liverpool and hiding behind "it will be great in 2/3 years time" line, because more often than not, it doesn't work like that.

Somehow, the only place....had posted the best story on Lukaku, so far. I must admit, every word posted = is true.

Just one little...from me.

If Lukaku is raw, Chelsea buys Falcao or whoever in January, say bye-bye to him.

Just because some Jose is on his power trip, did not want to give the kid a chance.

There's building a team and then there's completely relying on kids, i have seen Arsenal teams completely crumble under that formula and even they had some form of experience with the likes of Rosicky. Remember when we started with four 22 year old's as our main attackers at Old Trafford and looked absolutely clueless going forward?

Could you imagine if we were in a top 4 fight this season we had to go to Anfield end of April 1-0 down 10 minutes left and we needed Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar and Lukaku to muster up something to get us out of the shit? Talented players with great future's, but that front four turning a loss into a win like that in the blink of an eye at a young age? If role's were reversed and we were 1-0 up in the same game, who would you be more fearful of dragging Liverpool back into it, Gerrard or Coutinho?

Ofcourse i would like to see us build a team, what i don't want to see is us turning into Arsenal of the 00's or Roy Evans Liverpool and hiding behind "it will be great in 2/3 years time" line, because more often than not, it doesn't work like that.

Modern football should just ignore all the kicking a ball around bit.

Let's just start the season by having a cheque-writing contest. Whoever can write the biggest cheque wins, because all these arguments about developing players and then having to sit through them having some bad games is just too much trouble.

And I would love to see us give those young players a chance like that at Anfield because I believe in those guys, and that's the type of environment in which they'd prove their mettle.

Relying on the old guard and not giving youth a chance is what saw us finish in sixth in 2012.

Modern football should just ignore all the kicking a ball around bit.

Let's just start the season by having a cheque-writing contest. Whoever can write the biggest cheque wins, because all these arguments about developing players and then having to sit through them having some bad games is just too much trouble.

And I would love to see us give those young players a chance like that at Anfield because I believe in those guys, and that's the type of environment in which they'd prove their mettle.

Relying on the old guard and not giving youth a chance is what saw us finish in sixth in 2012.

You are correct, lack of hunger was a serious problem that season because our squad was too old, just like lack of experience would be with that front four at Anfield when we are 1-0 down and the Kop are calling them every name under the sun. It seems like we have gone from one extreme to the other in near enough one fled swoop.

I personally prefer a mix in the starting Xl - experience, peak and youth with the average age roughly 24-26, we have enough of two of those.

I actually agree and understand with your sentiments to an extent, it's just important to get the balance right.

Who cares about it ? I see, many technical footballers around, but they can´t pop one goal in if their life depends on it. Is Lukaku not scoring ? His drive on the net, his physical present scares defenders.

Forget it man, we are saying the same thing.

Still I think Chelsea's tactics are not suitable for Lukaku, and it will cause for his game to drop, for his confidence to drop, for his goal scoring ability to drop ... Kick & rush is more like Lukaku, you'll never see that at Stamford Bridge (luckily).

Forget it man, we are saying the same thing.

Still I think Chelsea's tactics are not suitable for Lukaku, and it will cause for his game to drop, for his confidence to drop, for his goal scoring ability to drop ... Kick & rush is more like Lukaku, you'll never see that at Stamford Bridge (luckily).

I doubt you have watched Lukaku much.

Some say, Lukaku is one of the most talented strikers around. If you can not see it, we really have nothing to discuss here.

At this point in time, we shouldn't be judging Lukaku by the number of goals he's scoring (we all know he can score) but rather if he's improving in areas that are expected of him to be able to lead the line for Chelsea. I'm looking at his back to the goal play, his link-up play, his aerial ability, his first touch and sadly he has not improved much in these areas since last year!

Now, either we give him more time and see if he can improve or we just concede that he isn't that kind of striker. He is a striker that would rather run in behind and at defences (like Old Torres) instead of a more complete striker like a Drogba (which seems to be the only type of striker that could work at Chelsea). If so, he will still have a large role to play for Chelsea but I'd reckon it'd be as a squad player (second choice) instead of first choice striker. And, I think this would have happened this very year but with Eto'o joining there just wasn't enough minutes to go around and Chelsea made the unselfish decision to let him go on loan to get him more playing time.

At this point in time, we shouldn't be judging Lukaku by the number of goals he's scoring (we all know he can score) but rather if he's improving in areas that are expected of him to be able to lead the line for Chelsea. I'm looking at his back to the goal play, his link-up play, his aerial ability, his first touch and sadly he has not improved much in these areas since last year!

I disagree. What he is at the moment in inconsistent at times, but he has phenomenal potential.

It's astounding to me that we have this talent in our club and we won't give him a chance until he's 'ready', but we've been following the same model of development for the best part of a decade and not brought anyone through.

There's an astounding lack of patience to allow young players to get minutes, make mistakes but grow and I honestly can't work out where it has come from. Maybe we're too 'successful' to bother with player development and we're nothing but a chequebook team.