Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

that is a very pessimitic and prejudiced way to look at things.

the first goal that lukaku scored against tottenham was a counter with defenders out of position as u have shown but u dont take into account how that came to be. it was lukaku's ball to mirallas on the right which got him into that position.

etoo was 4 yards from the goal but could not score. his 2nd goal against everton was from a long ball from howard and a mistake from newcastle but u still have to finish them. tell me how many of everton's defensive mistake were we able to finish.

i dint watch the west ham match so wont comment on it.

the kind of goal lukaku scored today against city, has been scored many times over and over again by a special guy named DD. hell he just scored a similar one against juve in CL. a lot of times when playing city (and other big teams), our striker will find himself alone upfront and cech and the defenders will feel the need to hoof the ball to release the pressure. and at that point it is upto the striker to produce something special and lukaku did do that today. can the 3 we have do the same? i really doubt that.

Highly disagree . Looks like we've come to a deadlock. agree to disagree then . Cheers . :)

Ba last season was our best player in the away game against City. He was a handful throughout the game and won us a pen when it was 0-0 that Frank missed even though we went there just to park the bus.

It has nothing to do with the opposition, his first touch and passing were very poor, that has nothing to do with who he was playing against. Are you saying that his performance today was good enough for a striker who should be starting at a club like Chelsea? If you do, then I completely disagree.

He obviously still has loads to work on and improve and those weaknesses were highlighted today. He went on loan so he can have a chance to start almost every game even when he puts in bad performances. Because, had he stayed here and he put in a performance like he did today or the second half against Newcastle, then Jose will have to bench him the following game.

He was not much more of a handful than Lukaku was today. Also what was the main thing that was missing? A goal. My point is when we play City none of our strikers do any better than him, especially when playing at City's ground. Our strikers are isolated most games we play against them and if anything Lukaku should be happy with what he done today.

Touch of an elephant and 4 goals in 250 minutes > touch of an angel and 0 goals in 2200 minutes.

Which one of our current strikers has the touch of an angel? Lol. Lukaku is not good enough for Chelsea, neither is any of our current strikers.

I've seen Torres do that actually, atleast sometimes. Apart from the raw physicality, and that's what's hurting Lukaku. I think it was kellzfresh who said it, but he spends way too much time in the gym while he should be working on his first touch.

How much time does he spend in the gym? In fact what type of workouts is he doing in there?

People who say stuff like 'he spends too much time in the gym' are the type of people who have never set foot in a gym. I'm also fairly certain that you have no idea about his training regime.

How much time does he spend in the gym? In fact what type of workouts is he doing in there?

People who say stuff like 'he spends too much time in the gym' are the type of people who have never set foot in a gym. I'm also fairly certain that you have no idea about his training regime.

It wasn't something that carries a literal meaning, I actually meant it figuratively. As of now he has too much physicality and needs to brush up on other area's of his individual play, which Roberto Martinez, a person with a fine youth track record, will be able to provide Lukaku with.

On the second line though, I do go to gym. Infact I had a 3 week course on maintaining the fitness list and gym training scheduling of under-19 players of a local club. ;)

Look the loan was absolutely mandatory. People are getting upset for the wrong reasons. The issue is with Mourinho Emenalo or whomever is making the transfer/personnel decisions who couldn't come up with a better answer than an old Eto, wasteful Torres, and a languishing Ba.

As for Lukaku, no one is ever going to confuse his first touch with Messi or Hazard, he's always going to be a bit rough with his touches, but as he gets older he should smooth out aspects of his game and through experience how most effectively use his energy, position himself, and make better decisions. That's the whole point of the loan and the whole reason why I wanted him to go on loan in the first place. He's still a work in progress.Yes he could help Chelsea this year, but at a risk of stunting his own development.

Lukaku is a goal scorer. He's never going to be a slick player, but he's the type of player who will terrorize defense with his pace, will, and strength.

I'm sure Lukaku will probably score 20-25 PL goals this year. I had him down for 10-15 last year and he got 17 with 20 PL starts 14 sub appearances at age 19.

The problem is that Chelsea hasn't addressed the striker issue by getting someone who is ready and in top form to play, not that Lukaku is on loan.

His fitness is a major issue. Faded out badly both in newcastle game and today in the second half.

I think if at all he makes it here he will be more of an impact sub like hernandez .

Give him 30/45 mins to go all out ,like steve clarke did he will be most effective.

His fitness is a major issue. Faded out badly both in newcastle game and today in the second half.

I think if at all he makes it here he will be more of an impact sub like hernandez .

Give him 30/45 mins to go all out ,like steve clarke did he will be most effective.

Right now I agree, but he still is 20... It will be a different conversation when he hits his physical peak! He will be very vey scary.

His first touch, hold up play & passing were terrific vs West Ham & 1st half against Newcastle. It's obvious he has the technical skills to develop these aspects of the game. Playing 90 minutes week in week out will do wonders to his game. I think it's safe to say a loan is the best thing for both Chelsea & him

Ii is probably not "too much physicality" that would inhibit Lukaku's progress. It is rather the opposite. I think he could score even more when he would concentrate on his strengths. His power and his pace are his main assets and he should be more often in the centre of attack where he can outjump, outmuscle the defenders. He can be a worldclass striker. Surely not because of his talent or skills but because of his physique. If his stamina is a problem, i think that is the easiest to be worked on. He does not always score pretty and he is not hte most clinical of finishers, but he has scored 4 goals in 3 matches so far against all sorts of oppositions. Some finishes even were poor and should have been kept out, but fact is they ended up in the net and that is more than any of our other strikers who got 10 years more expereince have done so far. So if any of the 79 players that belong to Chelsea FC is capable of playing the striker role in the future, it is him.

What are people expecting here? How on earth does anyone on here know how he's feeling and what he's thinking?

The boy has been sent out on loan and he has taken that opportunity to show what he can do, without having the added pressure of leading the line at as big a club as Chelsea.

This loan will do wonders for his confidence and bring him in as a player. He's still very young and has lots to learn, he'll know that more than anyone.

If Lukaku had stayed and had a bad game at Chelsea the repercussions would have been much worse than having a bad game for Everton. I'm confident that he's just striving to prove to Jose that he can be Chelsea's main man and the way his loan has started I'm positive that Jose is sitting up and taking notice and liking what he sees.

Lukaku is exactly the type of striker that we need and I'm sure he'll be a huge player for us next season.

In my earlier quote, I said he is good in almost all aspects of his game except his consistency on his first touch and passing.

I said he should work more with the ball than he goes to the gym to help with the few weaknesses.

Its a logical thing to work more on your weaknesses than your strengths isn't it?

In my earlier quote, I said he is good in almost all aspects of his game except his consistency on his first touch and passing.

I said he should work more with the ball than he goes to the gym to help with the few weaknesses.

Its a logical thing to work more on your weaknesses than your strengths isn't it?

Actually I think he never had to work real hard to get the muscles he has. He looked like a buffalo since he was a 16 year old kid. It's all in the genes...

Of course he should work on his touch, but I think he does, because it seems to get better.

I'm wondering how he'll do for Belgium next friday. This is his one true (short term) chance to prove he's on the same level as Benteke. An away match against the only competitor in the group, with most of the Belgian defense injured or benched. He could be the national hero with some luck...

Actually I think he never had to work real hard to get the muscles he has. He looked like a buffalo since he was a 16 year old kid. It's all in the genes...

Of course he should work on his touch, but I think he does, because it seems to get better.

I taught a boy in Kenya who looked like Lukaku ...the other students called him Ndovu .... Buffalo,,, most of class looked more like Ramires