Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

more unlikely now

Only if AVB does not find Lukaku to be as promising as some might believe. Lukaku is a buy for the future, he knows himself (as he stated in interviews) that it could a few years to even break into the first team.

So the only reasons why we would not buy Romelu at this point are

a. He is not good enough

b. We will play a completely different type of football that doesnt revolve around a poaching striker

Lukaku's value in 2 years could inflate beyond belief if he keeps improving. Sort of like Andy Carroll did from 2009-2011. AVB might want Lukaku cuz of his likeness to Drogba. After all, It was Mourinho who vouched for Drogba when no one else believed and I think Mourinho might have rubbed off a bit on AVB, in terms of liking similiar types of players.

Lukaku's value in 2 years could inflate beyond belief if he keeps improving. Sort of like Andy Carroll did from 2009-2011. AVB might want Lukaku cuz of his likeness to Drogba. After all, It was Mourinho who vouched for Drogba when no one else believed and I think Mourinho might have rubbed off a bit on AVB, in terms of liking similiar types of players.

No, André Villas-Boas isn't Mourinho, he doesn't play the same football.

No, André Villas-Boas isn't Mourinho, he doesn't play the same football.

Yeah, exactly. Villas-Boas likes to play attacking football. And i for one don't really want us to just keep kicking the ball up there for a big strong striker to get, i would rather us play nice attacking football. Doesn't mean i don't want Lukaku, because i haven't actually seen him play, all i know is that he is strong, and quite skilful, so that's good, but i hope we start to play attractive football.

I prefer Falcao Now....He can immedetly afact on the team.

Lukaku can come 2 years later ofter Drogba will be weaker.

If we wait for 2 more years to sign Lukaku, he'll be gone to MCity.