Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

I hope Torres starts, there's a glimpse of his form returning and if he starts and plays well, it'll be 4 games (Villa, Rangers, Stoke...) in a row where he's done well. A run of good form is needed. It'll be good for him to get some chances against WBA and Norwich rather than hoping his first goal comes against Sunderland or Man U in September.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its ok to have a pragmatic approach but do you really think anything we expect or post here is actually going to influence the outcome of the match?

Didn't realize my post implied that.

A rout would be nice, any type of win is expected.

I've never even imagined I would be suggesting something like this but could Torres play as a left winger ?

Considering our poor options wide, their woeful performances vs Stoke and bearing in mind Nando's pace and skills this seems like a good idea. :eyebrows: Maybe Ramires on the other flank, but that's just too much. :D

It can't be worse than Kalouda. :Goober:

I've never even imagined I would be suggesting something like this but could Torres play as a left winger ?

Considering our poor options wide, their woeful performances vs Stoke and bearing in mind Nando's pace and skills this seems like a good idea. :eyebrows: Maybe Ramires on the other flank, but that's just too much. :D

It can't be worse than Kalouda. :Goober:

I love Torres but that makes me cringe. He gave Kalouda a great cross but there are times when his crossing is plain awful. Although is it any worse than Malouda's or Kalou's?

Funny you mention Ramires, that thought crossed my mind too. So maybe Torres isn't so far-fetched. At least there'd be some speed and width. I think if you tell Torres and Ramires "play wide" they understand what that means. Kalou and Malouda hear "play wide" and think that means "do whatever I want".

Hell, I have no idea.

Torres can play on the left because he is reasonably competent in dribbling and getting by defenders.

But his crossing is usually pretty poor and I don't think he would provide true width. In other words, he's a more talented Kalouda. He could do it but it would definitely be a round peg in a square hole. Play him there and you're basically negating the comparative advantage of having a center forward like Torres.

Playing Torres on the wing would be a waste... I'm afraid he'd end up like Kalou or Anelka. No need to start inventing a bycicle, a pair of fuckin proper wings and Torres in the middle = a deadly cocktail.

Playing Torres on the wing would be a waste... I'm afraid he'd end up like Kalou or Anelka. No need to start inventing a bycicle, a pair of fuckin proper wings and Torres in the middle = a deadly cocktail.

Manpe said it even better. Although he'd be 1) better than Kalou and 2) faster than Anelka.

i hope drogba starts instead of torres... plus lamp should be used as a sub instead of bein played for 90 mins... plus i want to ask if lukaku has already joined us or still has to...

Bench Torres after his best game in a CFC kit. Smart.

I'll be at this one, I'm so excited, haven't been at a game yet were Chelsea have lost(touch wood) , I'm the lucky charm ;) Hope to god Anelka starts this one and Benayoun.

you will on Saturday!

Seriously , I predict a 2-0 Chelsea win against a plucky West Brom ( we'll surpise a few teams this season )

Watch out for Mulumbu ( albions Essien )

you will on Saturday! Seriously , I predict a 2-0 Chelsea win against a plucky West Brom ( we'll surpise a few teams this season ) Watch out for Mulumbu ( albions Essien )

Welcome to TC. Hope you stick around to get your views after the game. Given that you are a WBA fan, maybe you know if Odimwinge will play against us.

In a 4-3-3 system you can't play DD and Torro together, because there is simply enough room for just 1 striker and you don't want to convert either of them into a winger... I reckon they'd be pissed and hand in a transfer request just like Gallas :D In a 4-4-2 they could play together, but I don't think we'll have many chances to find out and last season when they did play together they both were shit (or torres at least) so nobody knows how they would perform on form and under AVB.