Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Chelsea were 6-0 victors in the corresponding fixture on the opening day of last season, with Didier Drogba scoring a hat-trick.
  • Drogba has enjoyed playing against the Baggies, having scored eight goals in only seven Premier League games against them.
  • Chelsea have won all 10 previous Premier League meetings between the two clubs, scoring 29 goals in the process. West Brom have failed to score in seven of those matches.
  • West Brom last won a league match at Stamford Bridge in 1978, running out 3-1 victors. Chelsea finished last that season and were relegated from the top flight, while West Brom finished third.

Chelsea

• It is 13 years since Chelsea failed to win either of their opening two Premier League matches - losing at Coventry City and drawing at home to Newcastle in 1998-99.
  • Chelsea are winless in their last four Premier League matches.
  • The Blues have won six of their last seven league games at Stamford Bridge.
  • John Terry is poised to make his 350th career league appearance, while Didier Drogba has made 249 starts for Chelsea in all competitions.

West Brom

• The Baggies have won five, drawn five and lost three of 13 league games since Roy Hodgson succeeded Roberto Di Matteo, now Chelsea's assistant manager, as West Brom boss.
  • Albion have scored in all 13 games under Hodgson but kept only one clean sheet.
  • It's just one league defeat in their last six away games for West Brom.
  • Shane Long scored on his debut for the club. No player has ever scored in his first two matches for West Brom in the Premier League era

TEAM NEWS - According to Benayoun's Twitter, he is on the bench.

Hoping for a win here, unfortunately i can't see streams on my iPhone I don't think... and i don't have ESPN cos u gotta pay for it alone. I'm expecting the wingers to play poor, but if Anelka us playing on right I have a little faith.