I don't have long left at the top level - Lampard

I don't have long left at the top level - Lampard

27162.2.jpg

Frank Lampard has admitted he will look to leave Chelsea as soon as he realises he no longer has the ability to contribute to the club's chase for silverware - although he hopes that point is still a few years away.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Frank retires after leaving Chelsea then it is fine. I am glad he realises his limits, but I am even more glad that such a phenomenal footballer has done so much for this club. Chelsea's greatest ever player in my honest opinion. Maybe not on a footballing basis, but in terms of Frank the person; for his commitment and his attitude. I'll never forget that penalty against Liverpool; it was a moment that defined Lampard, defined the team and defined the club. He really is Mister Chelsea.

some simple maths for Frank to think about ...

2 years max playing 90 minutes 50+ games a season ....

or 5 years playing 30 games sometimes 60 mins or 30 mins from the bench

Very much agreed. If he can accept that he doesn't need to play every minute of every game then he can prolong his career a little bit longer.

As long as Frank retires after leaving Chelsea then it is fine. I am glad he realises his limits, but I am even more glad that such a phenomenal footballer has done so much for this club. Chelsea's greatest ever player in my honest opinion. Maybe not on a footballing basis, but in terms of Frank the person; for his commitment and his attitude. I'll never forget that penalty against Liverpool; it was a moment that defined Lampard, defined the team and defined the club. He really is Mister Chelsea.

Exactly, my sig is made of that penalty celebration. Lamps is my favourite footballer ever... his intelligence, calmness, vision, passing, scoring... are legendary. The day he retires will no doubt be a sad day for me and I'm sure for most of Chelsea fans aswell.

I noticed Villas-Boas playing him in a deeper role yesterday. This allows Lampard to still play at the top level, without exerting too much energy while being an ideal substitute. He can be the Paul Scholes of Chelsea (minus the kissing of Gary Neville), if he's willing.

I noticed Villas-Boas playing him in a deeper role yesterday. This allows Lampard to still play at the top level, without exerting too much energy while being an ideal substitute. He can be the Paul Scholes of Chelsea (minus the kissing of Gary Neville), if he's willing.

I dont think theres the stamina to play the amount of games now either -but still an invaluable member of the squad as was shown yesterday....