I don't have long left at the top level - Lampard

Lampard's England career 'is over': Wilshere is now Capello's main man!

Frank Lampard's career as a first-choice England midfielder is finally over.

The 33-year-old Chelsea star, capped 86 times, will still be called into the squad for England's friendly against Holland on August 10.

Yet the Mail on Sunday understands that only injuries to Jack Wilshere or Scott Parker would allow Lampard into England's starting line-up again.

http://www.dailymail...-main-man.html?

fainthv9.gifdoh.gif(N).gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The English media is Wanking over Wilshere for quite some time now. They will adore him like they adored Gerrard for once in 4 season performances while McEchran, will keep performing in an out year after year and will be called Overrated.

Btw..Lampard's England career is over. He is passed his peak for Chelsea, England shouldnt be too different. I would rather have him retire and concentrate on Chelsea and prolong his club career

Don't think this would surprise/outrage anyone. Wilshere for Lampard makes sense. Though Gerrard-Wilshere will not work in midfield, trust me on that :doh:

I don't see how Parker will be ahead of Lampard in the pecking order either.

Don't think this would surprise/outrage anyone. Wilshere for Lampard makes sense. Though Gerrard-Wilshere will not work in midfield, trust me on that :doh:

I don't see how Parker will be ahead of Lampard in the pecking order either.

I have to be honest here and as of late Lampard hasn't been doing that well for England, and as someone else said i would rather a Young talent like Wilshere be ahead of him. And honestly i think if Gerrard and Wilshere play together Wilshere will play behind Gerrard, and i think that would work perfectly.

I have to be honest here and as of late Lampard hasn't been doing that well for England, and as someone else said i would rather a Young talent like Wilshere be ahead of him. And honestly i think if Gerrard and Wilshere play together Wilshere will play behind Gerrard, and i think that would work perfectly.

I don't think so, not in this 4-3-3 Capello's playing. They're too similar.

I'd like them to work, but just don't see it being so.

Josh will replace Frankie in England.rolleyes.gif

Don't think so mate, for some reason josh is not even in the u21, u20 and u19 competitions for us.

When i watched England u21 euro's England never played well at all, our midfield was poor, and i think Josh could of made the difference but he wasn't picked, and honestly i don't know why.

I don't think so, not in this 4-3-3 Capello's playing. They're too similar.

I'd like them to work, but just don't see it being so.

To be honest i think Wilshere and Gerrard play completey different roles, i think Wilshere plays more like Josh than anything.

To be honest i think Wilshere and Gerrard play completey different roles, i think Wilshere plays more like Josh than anything.

Really? I think they're quite alike. They both will start deep, but make good attacking runs. Granted Gerrard's more attacking, but under Kenny, he's become much more conserved, like Jack is. Hope I'm wrong though.

McEachran won't be making his way into the squad any time soon though. Might get through in time for Brazil '14, but we'll have to wait.

The English media is Wanking over Wilshere for quite some time now. They will adore him like they adored Gerrard for once in 4 season performances while McEchran, will keep performing in an out year after year and will be called Overrated.

Btw..Lampard's England career is over. He is passed his peak for Chelsea, England shouldnt be too different. I would rather have him retire and concentrate on Chelsea and prolong his club career

wilshere is a young,extremely talented midfielder who is playing well and is the future of england. Frank is a legend of the highest order, a model pro but he is into his 30's and its obvious that capello would seek out new blood and wilshere is an outstanding player especially for his age even if he is a gooner

For fuck sake the media will eventually kill Wilshere, this is why England are so shit because the media hypes everyone up and then destroyes them, that's why i like them underrated, Ashley Young might get like that to, before he was quite underrated for the media that's why in my opinion he did well. Wilshere will probably get much worse now in a few years time.