Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Yes break the bond - his love for Chelsea will only grow......

Dudes, really? These aren't fm players but real people!

Yes dude, @Manuf has a point, Courtois is getting too much love from Atletico and obviously he loves that club as well. I know it's proven to be a great place for him to gain experience but I am worried he doesn't want to come back in the future. It's a legitimate concern mate, nothing bizarre.

Yes dude, @Manuf has a point, Courtois is getting too much love from Atletico and obviously he loves that club as well. I know it's proven to be a great place for him to gain experience but I am worried he doesn't want to come back in the future. It's a legitimate concern mate, nothing bizarre.

Legitimate yes, but i find it short term thinking tbh.

I think a players that gets the chance or another year to compete at the highest stage because he was part of the making of that succes will eventually be more gratefull to his motherclub than when you move him strategically like pawn. If you do that, he will look at Chelsea and treat the club like they do him: either respectfull or self interest oriented and strategic. I'd rather have a club that has the moral highground on young players and their chances/development. We lack that now to be frank.

Legitimate yes, but i find it short term thinking tbh.

I think a players that gets the chance or another year to compete at the highest stage because he was part of the making of that succes will eventually be more gratefull to his motherclub than when you move him strategically like pawn. If you do that, he will look at Chelsea and treat the club like they do him: either respectfull or self interest oriented and strategic. I'd rather have a club that has the moral highground on young players and their chances/development. We lack that now to be frank.

I agree, if Courtois thinks things like you said, great.

You're right. He could really love that club and want to stay, and then you'd have to wonder what we would need to do to bring him back...

Oh right, I forgot....WE OWN HIM. We essentially click our fingers and tell him to come back.

also he has no chance of winning titles with atletico (beside the spanish cup). league is impossible, champions league also. futhermore they have massive debts. if we really want him as a No 1 goalie, he would surely be here within minutes and forget about Atletico.

http://www.football-espana.net/31013/mourinho-won%E2%80%99t-stop-courtois-loan

Jose Mourinho reportedly will not block Thibaut Courtois spending a third season on loan from Chelsea at Atletico Madrid next season.

Atleti are reported as believing that they have all but tied up a deal to keep the Belgian goalkeeper at the Vicente Calderon for a third successive season on loan.

However, it is understood that no announcement on Courtois will be made until Chelsea confirm their new manager for 2013-14.

Even so, it is reported that Real Madrid Coach Mourinho is expected to take over at Stamford Bridge and that he is already in agreement with Chelsea and Atleti officials that the goalkeeper would benefit most from a third season in the Spanish capital, with Champions League football on the horizon.

Chelsea are apparently ready to continue with Petr Cech as No 1 choice for next term.

Just like many other threads, opinions get digested & then spat out & eaten again.

Anyway, I have never bought into this notion that Courtois is year(s) away from replacing Cech, imho he is ready now but it is a very difficult situation as big Pete ain't ready to give up that No 1 jersey just yet, full credit to him for keeping his form.

As I've said before, the best case scenario would be for us to tie Courtois down to another lengthy contract thus this ensures we keep his services for the long haul, he then gets useful experience in the CL & then WC - he would be eternally grateful to the club for that. We then bring him back in a year. However this can only happen if we acquire a quality back up for Cech, we need to sustain a title challenge next season & that won't happen if big Pete gets injured for periods & we don't have the quality to replace those sabbaticals, we, though do have that option if the club decide to bring back Courtois.

As another member stated about Franks new deal - 'I will trust Jose's judgement' & leave it there.

Going to be an interesting summer that's for sure!