Marko Marin

Melanicus

This little guy was our best player in pre season. He seemed to link up with Hazard really well. I honestly think he should have played a lot more last season. He is a lot better than Moses imo. I would like to see a Hazard, Mata, Marin attacking trio with Oscar deeper in Midfield. At least in pre season :D I was really looking forward to watching him play this season but injuries and fitness issues limited his playing time. I really hope Chelsea give him another chance. At least loan him out to some decent foreign team similarly to Piazon.

He is a lot better than Moses imo.

Absolutely not, if Marin could have offered us what Moses could last season, we wouldn't have been bemoaning our lack of depth so much.

Him and Torres out of the door should be the first priorities this summer, even before new signing's.

Absolutely not, if Marin could have offered us what Moses could last season, we wouldn't have been bemoaning our lack of depth so much.

Him and Torres out of the door should be the first priorities this summer, even before new signing's.

Marin never got a proper chance. Most(if not all) games he started the team either didn't include Mata or Hazard or both. e.g QPR, Southampton, Bucharest. He was injured for the first couple of months. I really believe that if he plays alongside Mata and Hazard or a few matches he would really start to shine. One thing to remember, Marko Marin is a winger and not a CAM. His best seasons at Werder Bremen was when he was a winger and Ozil was CAM. His dribbling, passing and crossing is much better than Moses. Moses simply works much harder and is better defensively. I really hope Chelsea give him a chance.

Marin never got a proper chance. Most(if not all) games he started the team either didn't include Mata or Hazard or both. e.g QPR, Southampton, Bucharest. He was injured for the first couple of months. I really believe that if he plays alongside Mata and Hazard or a few matches he would really start to shine. One thing to remember, Marko Marin is a winger and not a CAM. His best seasons at Werder Bremen was when he was a winger and Ozil was CAM. His dribbling, passing and crossing is much better than Moses. Moses simply works much harder and is better defensively. I really hope Chelsea give him a chance.

Even so, in those games he showed absolutely nothing, was too bad too even be bad, if that makes sense.

I hope your right, but if im going to change my mind on Marin, he needs to start showing something, so far whenever he has played (since he started playing competitive football) he has shown me absolutely nothing.

I hope he gets another shot. I think he's a decent player who could be useful under Jose. Its up to him now to try and prove himself.

Agree with this. I've watched Marin play for Bremen and when he was fit and in form he was great, very Messiesque. He has the talent he just need some confidence and playing time.

He was underwhelming when he played - but he wasn't given a fair chance. Playing in his first season away from Germany in a new league surely must have been difficult for him, and not even playing him must have shattered his confidence. We're short on wingers, so we might as well give him a fucking chance.

Marin better than Moses? Some of you are getting really good at this trolling malarkey. :lol2:

Not better. More talented.

This talent means nothing if he doesn't perform but we must give him a chance to fulfill this potential.

Not better. More talented.

This talent means nothing if he doesn't perform but we must give him a chance to furfill this potential.

Semantics. Moses is a far more useful player. I don't care what Marin did for Breman 5 years ago, he's rubbish.

So, what do we do with him? With De Bruyne almost confirmed to be returning, and us looking likely to sign Schurrle, I can't see him getting any game time here next season. I think the best we can do is loan him out and hope he can rediscover him self again.

Is there even a market for this guy? If he stays in this country then he's going to have to drop down to a Stoke or Fulham isn't he? Maybe we could loan him and get him of the wage bill but he's very much the odd man out. Probably won't even make the bench next season and I'd be inclined to give the likes of Kiwomya and Boga time in the cup matches over him.