Marko Marin

Melanicus

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we should give him another chance. We need our squad players to be reliable and healthy. He has proven to be neither one. Players like Marin are why we're in the mess that we are because they are just not good enough. Why waste more time trying to find out what we already know? Get rid asap. I don't want to see Mata, Hazard etc playing 60 games a season because Marin is rubbish.

Good point. People also forget the fact that before he came here, he was rubbish in his last 1/2 seasons at Bremen. Why we ever got him in the first place is mind-boggling.

Good point. People also forget the fact that before he came here, he was rubbish in his last 1/2 seasons at Bremen. Why we ever got him in the first place is mind-boggling.

Exactly. He was a gamble and it never worked. Just move on and let him get on with his career somewhere else. But as usual I bet he's got a nice contract now that will be hard to move on.

I don't think we should give him another chance. We need our squad players to be reliable and healthy. He has proven to be neither one. Players like Marin are why we're in the mess that we are because they are just not good enough. Why waste more time trying to find out what we already know? Get rid asap. I don't want to see Mata, Hazard etc playing 60 games a season because Marin is rubbish.

I agree we should probably not give him another shot, but blaming Marin (and like players) for us not winning is silly IMO. Teams don't not win because their 6th attacking midfielder isn't any good. Our problem has been that our starting XI and top squad players aren't good enough. (No striker, no real deep-lying midfielder for example)

I agree we should probably not give him another shot, but blaming Marin (and like players) for us not winning is silly IMO. Teams don't not win because their 6th attacking midfielder isn't any good. Our problem has been that our starting XI and top squad players aren't good enough. (No striker, no real deep-lying midfielder for example)

Nobody is asking Marin to be Messi. I've said plenty of times Moses has been quality for us because he's a reliable squad player. If Marin could offer us what Moses has this season Mata, Hazard, Oscar wouldn't be playing 60 games a season.

We need more another Moses to replace Marin.

Nobody is asking Marin to be Messi. I've said plenty of times Moses has been quality for us because he's a reliable squad player. If Marin could offer us what Moses has this season Mata, Hazard, Oscar wouldn't be playing 60 games a season.

or a KDB :-)

It used to be Kalou and Malouda as those reliable squad player.

But boy these two used to frustrate the hell out of everybody.

At least Moses has not been that shambolic. :D

Yep, I've just made a post in the KDB thread.

KDB 7 goals 9 assist

Marin 1 goals 1 assists (so bad even when fit nobody trusts him to play)

Genius move by the club.

To be honest, that's not even the worst move the club has made this season. Selling Meireles and loaning Essien when our best midfield combo is Obi Mikel and Ramires. Then also loaning Lukaku when we only had Torres and Sturridge as our strikers. Not to mention McEachran, Piazon, etc. Makes you really wonder what these clowns (Emanelo) are thinking when they run this club.

To be honest, that's not even the worst move the club has made this season. Selling Meireles and loaning Essien when our best midfield combo is Obi Mikel and Ramires. Then also loaning Lukaku when we only had Torres and Sturridge as our strikers. Not to mention McEachran, Piazon, etc. Makes you really wonder what these clowns (Emanelo) are thinking when they run this club.

Probably our best move of the season in all honesty. No way he would have grown the way he has this season if he was forced to sit behind Torres all year.

Probably our best move of the season in all honesty. No way he would have grown the way he has this season if he was forced to sit behind Torres all year.

You're right. I didn't think about the fact that Abramovich probably would have made him sit behind his 50 million investment. But yet again, it goes to show the fucked up way in which this club has been run.

to be honest, still feel we could give him a chance. if not under FSW then JOSE (or whoever comes)... marin's only 2 starts in PL starts have been in games where we dint start mata and hazard. the whole team was abysmal and we deservedly lost(qpr and southampton). we in general have struggled without mata and without mata and hazard (both), we have looked like a proper midtable/bottom table PL team. we should not be so eager to name him as a "dead wood" and sell him.

on the other hand if the board is willing to put in piazon as his replacement for the squad player spot, then i would not mind selling marin. but i dont want us to sell both marin and yossi, buy just schurlle and end up putting all the workload on mata and hazard...