Official - RDM and Steve Holland appointed assistant coaches

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a morning to wake up to. RDM is back. The entire backroom staff has been revamped and looks young and fresh. Not to mention they all look smart.

Fantastic appointment of RDM. His WBA team played fantastic attacking football and almost beat Man UTD at home.

This is definitely a start of a new Era and I hope it's a more successfully one

Guest justin_3d

I am happy, and can't wait for the new season.

It feels like that time when Barcelona kick Rijkard despited doing good in the past and got Pep.

Hope same things happen to us. We sack Carlo who did good, and appoint AVB that does as good like Pep. blue%20scalf.gif

To let the manager make big calls like those , changing the whole technical stuff , bringing his own men is something that has not happened in the past .

I think AVB will definitely have more authority than Scolari and Carlo , Hopefully he will have a say in everything that goes around the first team of CFC.

It was good to hear AVB called RDM himself, and gave logical reasons for his appointment. It clearly wasn't just a PR move to get the sentimental fans on side.

Maybe it really is the language barrier difference, but AVB seems to be going about things far more constructively and with more logic than Carlo did. Everything with Carlo always seemed abit thrown together.

For me, AVB speaks in the same way as the likes of Jose, Ferguson, Guardiola do - with a real passion, commitment and desire that the rest of the club can get on board with. With Carlo, it came across as 'just a job'. A point I made on here quite a few times.

For the record, I think Lampard was out for that long due to different injuries.

I think you are right. Frank seemed to have to have other injuries than just the hernia and that contributed to his subpar season.

Frank had one bad season, so what? At the end of summer he will be ready as he was before first injury. But he will never be the 100% same again, becouse he is 33.

I'm kind of surprised Di Matteo decided to become AVB's assistant coach even though he has the experience as a PL manager. Oh well, I guess that just shows how much he loves the team. Really happy about this.

I'm happy for Holland as well. His work finally paid off. smile.gif Too bad Clement had to go though..

BTW, does anyone know what roles Di Matteo and Holland will be doing as assistants? It's certainly not going to be like the Clement-Emenalo combo, is it?

I'm kind of surprised Di Matteo decided to become AVB's assistant coach even though he has the experience as a PL manager. Oh well, I guess that just shows how much he loves the team. Really happy about this.

I'm happy for Holland as well. His work finally paid off. smile.gif Too bad Clement had to go though..

BTW, does anyone know what roles Di Matteo and Holland will be doing as assistants? It's certainly not going to be like the Clement-Emenalo combo, is it?

Yeah, that combo!, thats wat they are gonna be doin!