Official - RDM and Steve Holland appointed assistant coaches

As far as dugout vibes go , Paul Clements over Emenalo anyday . That being said , Emenalo is/was the opposition scout and his work was done before the start of the game . I don't understand why he gets all the abuse .

People need to get the difference between football and personal, got nothing against the guy personally he seems a good guy but AVB has brought (or as good as has) his opposition scout over with him from Porto so what will Emenalo be doing apart from sitting in the dugout spectating?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Dr.English win an award not too long ago?

Anyway I'll have to see this confirmed byt the club before going into any assumptions about the reasons or the future.

It couldn't have been because of his work with Chelsea. From misdiagnosing Drogba malaria to telling Benayoun he suffered a minor injury that then turned out to be a 6-month layoff amongst many other things. Even Zhirkov complained about the treatment. Then there was the whole Lampard hernia injury that was supposed to be 10 days but became 3-4 months...and all of these problems are just last season! No wonder he was sacked.

It couldn't have been because of his work with Chelsea. From misdiagnosing Drogba malaria to telling Benayoun he suffered a minor injury that then turned out to be a 6-month layoff amongst many other things. Even Zhirkov complained about the treatment. Then there was the whole Lampard hernia injury that was supposed to be 10 days but became 3-4 months...and all of these problems are just last season! No wonder he was sacked.

emo3.gif

People need to get the difference between football and personal, got nothing against the guy personally he seems a good guy but AVB has brought (or as good as has) his opposition scout over with him from Porto so what will Emenalo be doing apart from sitting in the dugout spectating?

My every opinion on here is that of a purely footballing perspective . The words I use are to that context alone as well , wasn't saying you or anyone else is making a direct attack on him personally :smiliecap1:.

If he's still here , there's a role and a reason behind it . It will be clearer when his role is (re)defined at some point in the future . Surely the club isn't just having him on the books for the sake of it , although the whole episode with Avram said otherwise . I'd like to think we've learn't since then . This shake-up on its own reiterates that the club is shifting gears in operations and taking a different route to maintain and hopefully soon , breed success .

My every opinion on here is that of a purely footballing perspective . The words I use are to that context alone as well , wasn't saying you or anyone else is making a direct attack on him personally :smiliecap1:.

If he's still here , there's a role and a reason behind it . It will be clearer when his role is (re)defined at some point in the future . Surely the club isn't just having him on the books for the sake of it , although the whole episode with Avram said otherwise . I'd like to think we've learn't since then . This shake-up on its own reiterates that the club is shifting gears in operations and taking a different route to maintain and hopefully soon , breed success .

I wasn't aiming that at you personally just ive had a couple of "why do you hate Emanalo so much" quotes lately so thought ill just get my view on it all then thumbsup.gif

My only worry is that Roman has put Emenalo in a a "compromise" for letting AVB bring his own set-up in, if thats the case if AVB and Emenalo have a fall out things could become very difficult.

No club is happy with its injuries and most fans think their club suffers the worst. I mentioned that award to show that he is generally respected as once again we simply don't know enough about the quality of his job.

Don't forget that it's silly season and André Villas-Boas's appointment has granted the journalists a free pass to make up stuff not only about Porto players being transfer targets but also about backroom changes, Emenalo, coaching staff and anyone not called Roman. I'll wait for those news to become official before commenting.

For the record, I think Lampard was out for that long due to different injuries.

My only worry is that Roman has put Emenalo in a a "compromise" for letting AVB bring his own set-up in, if thats the case if AVB and Emenalo have a fall out things could become very difficult.

If that were the case , we have problems already . :D . Its certainly a concern , surely Emenalo doesn't have that much clout with Roman . Every time I rationalise the notion that the manager's word should be heard first though, I think back to Jose's time when Avram came about . :chai:

His role should be clearer soon , seeing his job is taken over by AVB's own assistants . AVB might not see the point in having him around at all and pitch that to the board as well , who knows ? Time will tell .

Didn't Dr.English win an award not too long ago?

Anyway I'll have to see this confirmed byt the club before going into any assumptions about the reasons or the future.

He did. English honoured

Anyway, if they're being replaced by people who are better at those jobs, then it will be worth it. Villas-Boas understands first hand how important backroom staff play to a team's success. So if he sees these men as surplus then I'd support his decisions.

He did. English honoured

Anyway, if they're being replaced by people who are better at those jobs, then it will be worth it. Villas-Boas understands first hand how important backroom staff play to a team's success. So if he sees these men as surplus then I'd support his decisions.

Will take his people from Portowhistling.gif

Yeah ill have a bit of that, its been disaster after disaster with our medical team. If AVB is shaking up the backroom staff then thats good enough for me

English's departure may have nothing to do with André Villas-Boas getting appointed.

About 2 and a half months ago L'Equipe reported that we were after Franck Legall, Lille's chief doctor. He helped setting up the French national base at Clairefontain. Thierry Laurent, one of our physios, worked at the Clairefontain for the French national team before joining us in 2005.

We may not hire Legall but at least I'm relieved by the fact that getting rid of our backroom staff*, after scrapping our scouting network, was being planned and ain't part of sacking spree.

*If the reports are even true

Genuinely gutted about Clement.

Our medical department is shit though, good riddance.

Apparently Mick Mcgiven is earmarked for a promotion as AVB likes him. Would make sense to have him as the assistant instead of Clement as the young/old combo would work better....

I can confirm they have all been sacked. :smiliecap1:

thanks for confirming that.

In the meantime, as the axe continue to fall, Christophe Lollichon, the goalkeeper coach set to be the next victim.

Full story here.>>>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8601758/Andre-Villas-Boas-set-to-make-another-change-at-Chelsea.html