Official - RDM and Steve Holland appointed assistant coaches

Bryan English, the medical director; Paul Clement, the assistant first-team coach; and Glenn Driscoll, the fitness coach, all left Chelsea after meetings with Ron Gourlay, the chief executive.

English was thought to have not been helpful in the prompt return to action of Michael Ballack, Michael Essien and Frank Lampard.

Driscoll drew Carlo Ancelotti's ire last season by questioning the players' workload as the manager engaged in extra tactical work. Clement was regarded as surplus to requirements under Villas-Boas.

http://www.thenation...s-shopping-list

Comes as a part of a bigger(?) story that the club has joined in the pursuit of Sanchez now . The source itself is debatable , a daily newspaper in the UAE . Written by their Premier League correspondent . The story could be a big pile of poo of course , the management page on the official website still has them listed .

Big radical changes that some of us saw coming ? Is it to accomodate AVB's own backroom staff coming in ?Our entire scouting network has been disbanded as well , with no 'director of football ' around . It'll be a very interesting next few weeks right upto the season opener .

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article says Clement is also leaving because of AVB:

http://www.telegraph...ent-leaves.html

stop bringing unrealiable sources rant.gif

See what i did there ;)

This is brilliant! Heads are rolling, big changes are happening.

AVB :worship:

the fact Emenalo aint on that list makes me nervous. sorry but id would rather keep Clement out of the 2.

the fact Emenalo aint on that list makes me nervous. sorry but id would rather keep Clement out of the 2.

Emenalo is essentially going to be useless. AVB is bringing his own opposition scout which is Emenalo's role. He will probably take an insignificant role or leave entirely.

Id imagine for clement to be going that AVB is likely to be bringing in more of his own team and needs to make room for them, im glad that a senior head has rolled on our medical department as they have been hopeless for years now and its something ive advocated for at least 2 seasons now.

Id imagine for clement to be going that AVB is likely to be bringing in more of his own team and needs to make room for them, im glad that a senior head has rolled on our medical department as they have been hopeless for years now and its something ive advocated for at least 2 seasons now.

I wonder who his assistant is going to be because his assistant last year has just taken over the managers role at Porto. He's bringing with him a fitness coach and an opposition scout.

(AVB)awarded a £5 million-a-year contract at Stamford Bridge for the next three seasons, is expected to announce that his fitness coach, Jose Mario Rocha, and his scout, Daniel Sousa will both follow him from Portugal in the coming days. He will, though, retain Michael Emenalo on his staff, after Abramovich recommended the Nigerian coach’s services.

As far as dugout vibes go , Paul Clements over Emenalo anyday . That being said , Emenalo is/was the opposition scout and his work was done before the start of the game . I don't understand why he gets all the abuse .