Xherdan Shaqiri

NiclasCFC

As i am from switzerland i have seen him play.

He would be worth buying and i have to say he is so down to earth that he really could be a great player!

But i have to admit he really needs more time to develop so if we bought him we should loan him out for a season!

The rumours in switzerland are that he is close to joining Hamburg because the ex basel coach that left this year is there now and other reports say that atletico are in a pole position..He would cost 10-15mil!

He is a swiss player with albanien roots!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Negotiations with the professional footballer Xherdan Shaqiri which began on January 23 have come to an end, and we have not agreed terms with the player, or his club," the statement read.

"Basel wanted a transfer fee that we would not accept and as a result, the negotiations have come to an end."

Murmers of £9.6 million needed. Take note AVB, £9.6 million!

Clubs eye Shaqiri as Turkey deal stall

"Shaqiri's club Basel wanted a transfer fee that we would not accept and as a result negotiations have come to an end," Galatasaray vice-president Ali Durust said.

In a statement, Galatasaray added: "Negotiations with the professional football player Xherdan Shaqiri which began on the 23rd January 2012 have come to an end, we have not agreed terms with [shaqiri] and his club F.C Basel."

Shaqiri, 20, has been linked with Tottenham and AC Milan, as well as United, and there was some surprise that such a highly-rated player had not been snapped up by one of Europe's established powers, rather than Galatasaray. Basel are reportedly holding out for around £20 million.

Source: http://soccernet.esp...llapses?cc=4716

From what I'm hearing now his buyout is 13-15 million but 20 mil is wanted. The thing is a precedent has been set, 20 is what they want so it won't incur the "chelsea-tax'. 13 mill, 15 mill,even 20 mill? All sound pretty good to me. The guys a young, attacking winger with bags of potential. He fits the AVB bill and perhaps thats why I'm a little puzzled as to why we haven't been linked with him at all. If I were AVB I'd sign Shaqiri with my eyes closed.

Clubs eye Shaqiri as Turkey deal stall

"Shaqiri's club Basel wanted a transfer fee that we would not accept and as a result negotiations have come to an end," Galatasaray vice-president Ali Durust said.

In a statement, Galatasaray added: "Negotiations with the professional football player Xherdan Shaqiri which began on the 23rd January 2012 have come to an end, we have not agreed terms with [shaqiri] and his club F.C Basel."

Shaqiri, 20, has been linked with Tottenham and AC Milan, as well as United, and there was some surprise that such a highly-rated player had not been snapped up by one of Europe's established powers, rather than Galatasaray. Basel are reportedly holding out for around £20 million.

Source: http://soccernet.esp...llapses?cc=4716

20 milllion is too much for him, Hes worth no more than 12 million.

From the Youtube videos I've seen (not that it tells you much), he seems to just shoot from outside the box. I'm guessing he misses 80% of those as well :P.

Haha yes he shoots alot but he can pass and dribble too he will become one of the best swiss players for sure!

I think AVB should go for him but i assume he would need 1-2 seasons to adapt to the EPL.Because the swiss league is rather poor and slow!

I hate it when us fans slap price tags on players, acting as if we are know everything there is to know about the player and the clubs invovled.

Unless you have a degree in finance or economics, I think some should just give up on judging players and pricing them accordingly. When I judge them it is usually after they have been playing for Chelsea a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when us fans slap price tags on players, acting as if we are know everything there is to know about the player and the clubs invovled.

Unless you have a degree in finance or economics, I think some should just give up on judging players and pricing them accordingly. When I judge them it is usually after they have been playing for Chelsea a long time.

Ha, I go to The Wharton School (Trump, Warren Buffett) so i'm perfectly entitled to say what i like. :P

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You