Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberto Mancini, this season's Premier League-winning manager's first 40 games in charge of Manchester City:

Played - 40

Won - 20

Drawn - 9

Lost - 11

Andre Villas-Boas' record after 40 games in charge of Chelsea:

Played - 40

Won - 20

Drawn - 10

Lost - 10

Just saying.

Roberto Mancini, this season's Premier League-winning manager's first 40 games in charge of Manchester City:

Played - 40

Won - 20

Drawn - 9

Lost - 11

Andre Villas-Boas' record after 40 games in charge of Chelsea:

Played - 40

Won - 20

Drawn - 10

Lost - 10

Just saying.

EYE OPENER !

Did you guys heard Grant talk about the sack?

Grant: 'Abramovich isn't a problem, he has helped Chelsea a lot'

http://www.talksport...ped-chelsea-lot

From the Israeli Media:

Grant also Speak about Avb's sack: "These are sad news.I always like a little more patience,but anyone would have expected it,no? When you come to Chelsea,you know one thing-you have to bring results and show that the team going in the right direction.I do not know what happened inside,but the past coaches were fired from there just because results. this time the results and the level of football were not good. "

The Israeli Manager also referred to Roman Abramovich: "His main goal is to become champion of Europe and it is not enough that a team like Chelsea was only once in the final. Abramovich gives you what you need for success and expect job is done.He loves football,has spent a lot money and want to get the best".

Look at our team. Seriousley, what can they expect? I dont think you understand even the slightest how it is to work for Chelsea. The board are all stuipid retarded clueless yes and no-sayers. Just look at the panic-signings Torres and Meireles. I mean really?

Transision takes TIME. They should have given AVB a summer-budget and the season after to REALLY implement his tactics without having to struggle with Cole's and Lampard's disrespectfullness and undermining his authority. And to get rid of Bosingwa, Meireles and have a striker who can actually score.

You have a really good point there! What are deadline day signings at the end of the day? Panic buys! They don't have that much time to understand who they're playing with, before they're placed into the team and expected to score goals because of the "owner's" so called "understanding" of how good they are! If you ask me, that's a childish approach! If Chelsea really did their homework properly, they would have made the study as to why they think Torres would have been a big signing, and lay down all the good points and bad points about his game, not just sign him because Roman Abramovich said to sign him!

This brings me to a really good point made by Martin O'Neill many seasons ago when he addressed that the January transfer window should be scrapped! Panic buying is unhealthy for a football club... yes it adds pressure on the other players to train harder so that they can be included in the starting line-up, but in terms of performance for the player himself... he doesn't have enough time to get to know the players before he's suddenly placed into the Chelsea team, and everyone expects goals from him!

Summer without football happens for a reason... to prepare for the next season, and to provide master plans... the January transfer window disrupts that flow!

EYE OPENER !

I think that just proves my theory, that most of these mediocre managers can't do crap with out spending big.

It will be the same fate for Mourinho. If he don't spend big, and stick with these players he ain't going to win anything!

So calling managers like Mourinho the best ever in history is a disgrace!

You know it.

Is best to hold the sign that says is he sack yet?

Hope you get your wish and get Bielsa.

But I'd rather see Henrique get his to see if Pep is the right man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2110222/Andre-Villas-Boas-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

Villas-Boas was so consumed — some believe obsessed — with the job, he had even slept at the training ground in a Japanese-style pod on Saturday evening.

Seriously?..

72zhfk.jpg