Stamford Bridge Thread

Depending on ticket pricing, I reckon we could.

With a bigger capacity, ticket prices probably should go down. This step up is needed and since it's impossible to expand the bridge a new, iconic stadium to put us up with the big boys in terms of architecture is an exciting venture indeed. I want guests to leave the bridge awe-struck.

With a bigger capacity, ticket prices probably should go down. This step up is needed and since it's impossible to expand the bridge a new, iconic stadium to put us up with the big boys in terms of architecture is an exciting venture indeed. I want guests to leave the bridge awe-struck.

That's the hope! :lol:

Would be a fantastic epic/iconic place to build our new home. But it will be very sad and emotinal to leave the Brigde.

But sometimes you have to put your emotions away, it has to be if we want to follow the money road in modern top football,

40-41.000 is simply not enough.

As strange as it sounds I am not really looking forward to it. I just love Stamford Bridge and how it perfectly fits our identity as a club- the history of the stadium and the fact that they still play on the same pitch that was first played on in 1905 when it was a massive open bowl. We are one of very few clubs to still be playing in their original stadium. Chelsea FC would not exist without Stamford Bridge being built and we will be leaving some incredible memories there. That Shed Wall is Chelsea, the 1970's East Stand is Chelsea, Fulham Road is Chelsea, Brompton Cemetery is Chelsea, the District Line and Fulham Broadway are Chelsea, the posh houses in the area are Chelsea. It is all the little things that make me love Stamford Bridge. All of those memories will be flattened and replaced by a housing development.

However, we should look to the future. We have the potential to compete with Real Madrid, AC Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and our ground could be a really intimidating place. Battersea has always been the hub of our 'real' and 'hardcore' support and a 15,000 seat version of the old Shed end will be truly incredible. The club could have a real impact on the lives of people in Battersea and it would be the springboard for us going from being a regional club to a worldwide club loved around the world.

As much as I love Abramovich for what he has done, this will in my opinion be the final nail in the coffin of the 'real' Chelsea FC.

1399083524_309fce22e7_o.jpg

proper ground.

The real CFC died the day he bought us. But your right its sad to think of CFC leaving the brigde, but has to be if we want top players,

and be ready to compete with top clubs in the future.