Chelsea vs Internazionale

BlueLion.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty confident of this game, Inter didn't look anything special at their place, even though they won we were the better team. I really hope that Ancelotti sticks with Alex to partner JT and doesn't go back to Riccy. I would also be very tempted to swap Ballack for Joe Cole as Ballack for me is doing very little and Joe could spice up the midfield a little.

No matter what though the Jose hype is going to be bigger than the game. And hopefully we can come away having gone through and not leave Stamford Bridge with Jose the winner looking very smug..

Mourinho saying "Everybody knows Mourinho doesnt lose at SB" is another of his mind games. I hope this doesnt affect the mentality of our players.

We dont need Joe Cole as we do not need to attack from the word go. A Solid defensive performance and a goal at anytime in 90 minds is good enough to see us through. Ballakc does alot to break the play playing behind Lampard and ahead of Mikel. Joe Cole should be brought in if we need to attack attack attack!!. For now we need to be strong in midfield and for that to happen Ballack is important.

Mourinho saying "Everybody knows Mourinho doesnt lose at SB" is another of his mind games. I hope this doesnt affect the mentality of our players.

We dont need Joe Cole as we do not need to attack from the word go. A Solid defensive performance and a goal at anytime in 90 minds is good enough to see us through. Ballakc does alot to break the play playing behind Lampard and ahead of Mikel. Joe Cole should be brought in if we need to attack attack attack!!. For now we need to be strong in midfield and for that to happen Ballack is important.

I wouldn't fancy holding onto a 1 - 0 lead with 15 minutes to go.... Would scare the s**t out of me :)

Mourinho with Chelsea never lost at Stamford bridge, Mourinho with Inter at SB is a different matter altogether.

This Mourinho doesn't lose at Stamford Bridge is mind games like warnie_666 said. It wasn't Mourinho that never lost at The Bridge (he actually did once against Barcelona) itwas Chelsea. That run stretched back to the Ranieri days (ok it was only for about 5 games but still) and went right through Avram Grant and on to Scolari. So it was Chelsea that never lose at Stamford Bridge not Mourinho. Typical mind games from the special one. The players know this anyway and won't be fazed by his comments.

I wouldn't fancy holding onto a 1 - 0 lead with 15 minutes to go.... Would scare the s**t out of me :)

Yeh I remember us being on a 1-0 lead with 3 mins to go and that didnt turn out to well...

Anyho them loosing doesnt fill me with confidence lol.Probably one eye on this game.

But yeh meh to that whole unbeaten thing.Agree just mind games which hopfully shouldnt really effect our players.Dont see why it would anyway spur them on more surley

Edited by Laylabelle

Just realised today there's a good chance i'm going to miss this match. I'm gutted :(

I feel sorry for you! I have to experience it pretty often myself, one of my friends (a gooner lol) updates me on the Chelsea games when i'm not able to watch via text:whistling:. It's not much, but at least you have something...

cech is a big loss, a.cole is a big loss & essien is a monumental loss.

turnbull will be our achilles heel along with carvalho if he is rushed back and replaces the God that is alex, overall we need drogba to perform.

you can bet jose' has put more preparation into this game than carlo.

Champions League article previewing the Chelsea Inter game:

Jose Mourinho has bullishly predicted Internazionale will dump his old club Chelsea out of the Champions League when they meet in the first knockout decider at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

The Portuguese coach says he cannot wait to go back to his old club but is determined to see the Serie A leaders through to the Champions League quarter-finals.

"Everybody knows Mourinho doesn't lose at Stamford Bridge," he said.

"My record is unbeatable. It is amazing – we were so strong for such a long time."

I've missed Jose and his quality quotes - don't want him to win on Tuesday though!!

Edited by northernblue