Chelsea vs Internazionale

BlueLion.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we play with the tactic was on Westham? I prefer would be better without Anelka,

Drogba, Kalou and Lamps, Maluoda, Ballack, Mikel, Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Zhirkov.

It is a very tricky tie this one. How do you play it? Do you concentrate on not conceding? Or you concentrate on scoring enough goals? As i have already said i would hate to be going into the last 15 minutes with a 1 - 0 lead. We only need to look at Barca last season as to what can happen there. Speaking of Barca though being in this same situation when we knocked them out we had the right attitude and we got 3 good early goals. Do that against Inter and they are dead and buried.....

It's a shame the whole Jose thing has overshadowed this game. We should have moved on by now and Ancelotti is at the beginning of what i see as a rebuilding project because our squad from the start of this season needs to be looked at and overhauled. It is stupid to compare what Jose did at Chelsea with what Carlo is doing at Chelsea because firstly Carlo hasn't even had a season yet, he may win the treble for all we know and secondly the circumstances are completly different.

It's a shame the whole Jose thing has overshadowed this game. We should have moved on by now and Ancelotti is at the beginning of what i see as a rebuilding project because our squad from the start of this season needs to be looked at and overhauled. It is stupid to compare what Jose did at Chelsea with what Carlo is doing at Chelsea because firstly Carlo hasn't even had a season yet, he may win the treble for all we know and secondly the circumstances are completly different.

Iwas going to write a Chelsea in Transition article ...may write it tomorrow ...win lose or draw

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-3 formation (Mail):

22. Turnbull

02. Ivanovic

06. Carvalho

26. Terry ©

18. Zhirkov

12. Mikel

13. Ballack

08. Lampard

39. Anelka

11. Drogba

15. Malouda

Jamie Redknapp says: Chelsea 3-1 Inter

Iwas going to write a Chelsea in Transition article ...may write it tomorrow ...win lose or draw

Yes that would be a very worthwhile article at the moment because we certainly are a team in transition....

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-3 formation (Mail):

22. Turnbull

02. Ivanovic

06. Carvalho

26. Terry ©

18. Zhirkov

12. Mikel

13. Ballack

08. Lampard

39. Anelka

11. Drogba

15. Malouda

Jamie Redknapp says: Chelsea 3-1 Inter

Can't see a single reason why we should drop the in form Alex and play Carvalho, none at all. I will be very dissapointed if Carvalho is playing ahead of Alex. Also i would personally play J.Cole rather than Ballack, i just think Ballack offers us very little now and i would rather someone else who could do something a little different play.

Mourinho: '' I keep winning important things, they keep winning.. something. ''

That man still cracks me up.

The only way to shut this man up is by winning a the PL and finish him off by winning the CL.

I do feel quite confident about this game. The boys should go out there and play there football. We should have won in Milan but scoring that away goal was vital. With the fans supporting the team and our impressive home record we should be able to send them off. I just hope Ancelotti is man enough to bench Anelka as he is not performing well. We hardly produce somethin from the right and thats why we need Joey there.

We do have a dilemma at the back. Alex has been performing very well these last two matches With Terry and Alex we will lack pace and mobility at the back. Milito has a lot of pace and is very agile and Eto'o has extreme pace and agility. With Sneijder behind them with his world-class passing ability, we could have problem if he is in top form. With Carvalho at the back we have a player with mobility and pace. Yes he has lost pace but he still is the fastest and don't forget that he has performed well in the big games this season. But if he asks Ivanovic to stay at the back more than he usually does, then it is possible to play Alex.

I trust Ancelotti to make the right choice. But i doubt it when it comes to the issue of putting Nicolas on the bench. I hope he surprises me :D.

Yes that would be a very worthwhile article at the moment because we certainly are a team in transition....

Can't see a single reason why we should drop the in form Alex and play Carvalho, none at all. I will be very dissapointed if Carvalho is playing ahead of Alex. Also i would personally play J.Cole rather than Ballack, i just think Ballack offers us very little now and i would rather someone else who could do something a little different play.

:goodpost:

I do agree with you on the Joe Cole thing. Playing him in midfield could be the solution to the lack of creativity in midfield. IMO we need to attack and not the '' score 1 goal and defend after that '' tactic that send us out of the competition last season. That tactic is also bad for the hearts of Chelsea supporters :whistling:. And he also could switch to the right wing when Anelka is roaming around the field. But on the other hand, Ballack does help a lot at the back. Sometimes he helps too much if you ask me with those annoying fouls because of his short fuse. But if it was my choice I would also play Joey in midfield. It would surprise the heck out of Jose :lol:.

I'd rather see Alex play but he's not the most agile defender so that may prove to be a weakness.As long as Mikel doesn't do any silly mistakes,Anelka doesn't slow down our attack and Ballack isn't giving away possession we should be fine.

I can't see Drogba getting owned like in San Siro so I'm pretty confident he'll score.

If Inter scores first we're done if we do I think they may panic.

Our boys are more hungry for the CL than they are for the EPL but maybe they've just lost all hope after last year.We'll know tonight.

No matter what happens we'll still be singing blue%20scalf.gif

riccy has more experience in big games than alex!!!

while ballack can be very useful to snuff out counter attacks compare to joey

we just need one goal....so stability is important

maybe perhaps with 25 minutes left, and its still stalemate joe cole can come in

Flying high in the sky<br>We'll keep the blue flag flying high<br>From Stamford Bridge to Wemberly<br>We'll keep the blue flag flying high <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>COME ON Chelsea, IN CARLO WE TRUST <br>

Edited by ShaneCFC

I really feel that Inter will score tonight......If thats the case we'll need a minimum of 3 goals to be anywhere near going through.

If they get two we'll need to score 4....it'll be a big ask and we'll need to be switched on from the first to the last whistle. No fucking about tonight lads ffs.