John Terry

chrismada9

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOHN TERRY is maintaining his vow of silence as splits in the Chelsea

camp began to emerge.

Despite intense pressure from Chelsea's hierarchy, trying to persuade their captain to commit his future to Stamford Bridge, Terry is still refusing to offer any assurances. And that has given Manchester City major hope a deal will still be done.

Terry has already asked owner Roman Abramovich for permission to speak with City several times - but that has been rejected outright on each occasion.

The club were confident the central defender would announce he had reached a decision to stay in West London during the latest leg of their US tour, however he is still far from convinced.

City have already had several bids rejected for Terry, but they are willing to wait for their man.

City boss Mark Hughes said: "John Terry is a player not at the club, who I keep having to answer questions about.

jt3_280x600_50433a.jpgACTION - JT on tour "We made a bid for a player that was rejected and that's where we stand at this moment. I said at the beginning of the window that ideally we would like to have all our signings in place for the start of the season.

"But if the right player is available and it takes until the end of the window to do the deal then so be it.

"You have to give each transfer deal the time it deserves. If you feel the process is not going to progress then you walk away."

Chelsea remain defiant and insist that Terry will be forced to honour the remaining three years left on his £135,000 a week contract.

Although the England captain has made it clear the issue is not financial - he has already had a verbal offer to increase his deal to £150,000 a week from Abramovich - he still wants the chance to talk to City.

Despite the delay in negotiations, City remain confident they can clinch a deal before the August 31 transfer deadline.

They will increase their offer for Terry if Chelsea indicate that they are prepared to listen to a new bid, but they are currently waiting for the defender to make his next move.

Terry has held several rounds of negotiations with Abramovich since their first meeting on July 11, as Chelsea still refuse to consider the prospect of losing their skipper.

Edited by the wes

This is getting a bit daft now....yeh he aint said he's staying but he also aint said he's going so make sense to leave it at that but noooooo gotta be 'oo he's going yada yada.. focus on Lescot lol take a break!

And Hughs...I'd start worrying about your own future...cause you know pre season is just going so well and if thats anything to go by...next season gana be great!

Edited by Laylabelle

IF and that's a big IF JT leaves, then we have Alex, Carvalho, Mancienne, Ivanonic, and well more to replace him. Mancienne could finally get more match time and develop into a better player then he already is. Hutchinson could also mould aswell.

But i still don't want him to go, he's Chelsea through and through, or so we are meant to believe.

JOHN Terry has admitted to close friends that he is in “two minds” about staying at Chelsea or moving to Manchester City.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } The England captain’s heart is telling him to remain at Stamford Bridge, where he is regarded as Mr Chelsea.

But there is no doubt that the riches on offer at City, through being owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, have made Terry, 28, question his future.

City have had a bid of £30million rejected by Chelsea, who insist Terry is not for sale.

But the Chelsea skipper is aware that he could almost double his £135,000-a-week wage by moving to cash-rich City.

His pay packet at The Bridge doesn’t even make him Chelsea’s highest-paid player as Frank Lampard – one of the friends Terry has been confiding in on his future – and Michael Ballack are being paid £151,000 and £139,000-a-week respectively.

A gesture to increase Terry’s pay to at least the Lampard’s level is likely – and could be enough to persuade him to stay.

That seems the most likely outcome.

But until Terry makes a public statement on his future, doubts about where he will be playing this season – either in royal or light blue – will persist.

City boss Mark Hughes, meanwhile, has attempted to draw a line under the Terry debate until there is a definite outcome on the central defender’s future.

Hughes stated: “We keep discussing certain individuals and we keep on trying to give the same response.

“There is no value from our point of view in continuing to say the same things.

“I would much prefer to talk about the players we have signed. Really, that’s where my focus lies in the coming days.

“Obviously, the situation with other players and whether they come to the club, may well be resolved in the completion of the transfer window.

“But there is no news to add – so why discuss it?”

Chelsea are hoping to reinforce their squad but might have to admit defeat in their hunt for AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Pirlo, 30, started against the Blues in the 2-1 friendly defeat in Baltimore before being replaced by Gennaro Gattuso.

Speculation regarding a possible Chelsea move has grown ever since former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti joined the Stamford Bridge side.

However, Milan boss Leonardo is hoping he can hang on to the 2006 World Cup-winning ace.

He said: “The market still has a very long way to go, but I really hope that Pirlo stays with us.”

Okay, enough is enough!!!

I am so sick of Hughes trying to act as if he's not doing anything wrong... well in my opinion he could back the hell off. and I'm tired of JT's silence!! I love the man, but if he doesn't speak up soon I'm going to lose all respect for him! GRRRRRRRRR!!!

John Terry is refusing to commit his future to Chelsea - and has told friends that he is furious with the club.

Blues and England skipper Terry (right) feels he has been harassed by Chelsea during the club's tour of the USA to break his silence and scotch talk of a move to Manchester City.

And despite widespread reports to the contrary, he insists he has NOT given the club assurances that he will remain at Stamford Bridge.

Leading Chelsea figures maintained the club's stance in the wake of the 2-1 victory over AC Milan in Baltimore on Friday night.

But new manager Carlo

Ancelotti even put his own reputation on the line when he said: "For sure, Terry will stay at Chelsea ."We have never had a problem. We have to wait. Is it a problem to wait? You have to trust me."

There's only one captain." But 28-year-old defender Terry has not made up his mind to resist a £40million move to join Mark Hughes's (right) Manchester City revolution. And there have been no talks with his advisers about an offer of a new £150,000-a-week deal.

A close friend said last night: "JT doesn't want to speculate about his future until he returns to England on Tuesday and has time to speak to his family and his advisers. But it appears Chelsea seem to think harassing him at every given opportunity and giving misleading briefings to the media will force him into submission."

Terry future at Chelsea is far from assured - even though he could stay at the club where he rose through the ranks to become the Blues' most successful captain.

Source =Daily Mirror

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You