Sergio Reguilón

NikkiCFC

On 10/08/2020 at 3:45 AM, BlueLyon said:

If we are looking at Reguilon, hopefuly we are looking at Diego Carlos too. Or even Kounde. Dude is not tallest, but has massive leap, just outjumps everyone. Bit like Ramos.

I dont know why the obsession with Dunks or Ben Whites, when you can buy great CB at much less. 

He could have Van Dijk effect for us, a proper CB. Or Koulibaly but he is realy unlikely.

Dunk (due to age) and White (who I do NOT rate) are hardly break the bank expensive, Diego Carlos will cost more, (and he turns 28yo at the end of this coming winter, so only 2 full sub 30yo seasons)

Liverpool have been told they must meet Diego Carlos' €75m (£68m) if they want to purchase him from Sevilla.

I think they would drop down to around €65m (£59m) but that is far more than Dunk or White (not advocating for him at all) would cost.

Kounde is interesting, but I have seen zero links from us to him. I am really wary of his height. for ages it was listed at only 1.81m, but now has been switched in some places to 1.84m. He is not that strong physically, so if he is indeed only 1.81m, that is a danger sign for me.

Diego Carlos (1.84m) on the right, Kounde in the middle

Sevilla defender Diego Carlos addresses Barcelona transfer links ...

maybe he is still growing

he was only 1.78m as a 19yo at Bordeaux

9e44dbb8e7d1552090928397ca3a6dc2.png

Jules Koundé, Source- Getty Images

25 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I think Chilwell remains the main target. We're definitely interested in Reguilon but he's not the priority. Realistically though, we will not get Chilwell and will lose other good options like Reguilon in the process, which is definitely a concern.

The other stumbling block is that we first have to resolve the Havertz's transfer to see where we're at in terms of finance, and then also sell one of Emerson/Alonso to make room for any incoming LB. If we buy Reguilon now and try to sell them later in the window, we will be in a very bad negotiating position. I read everywhere that teams will be waiting until the last days of the transfer window to get players on the cheap.

I can so seeing us still fucking this window up

:(

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Dunk (due to age) and White (who I do NOT rate) are hardly break the bank expensive, Diego Carlos will cost more, (and he turns 28yo at the end of this coming winter, so only 2 full sub 30yo seasons)

Liverpool have been told they must meet Diego Carlos' €75m (£68m) if they want to purchase him from Sevilla.

I think they would drop down to around €65m (£59m) but that is far more than Dunk or White (not advocating for him at all) would cost.

Kounde is interesting, but I have seen zero links from us to him. I am really wary of his height. for ages it was listed at only 1.81m, but now has been switched in some places to 1.84m. He is not that strong physically, so if he is indeed only 1.81m, that is a danger sign for me.

Diego Carlos (1.84m) on the right, Kounde in the middle

Sevilla defender Diego Carlos addresses Barcelona transfer links ...

maybe he is still growing

he was only 1.78m as a 19yo at Bordeaux

9e44dbb8e7d1552090928397ca3a6dc2.png

Jules Koundé, Source- Getty Images

And Dunk would cost 50m because he is english and we have money. Rather pay 65m for Carlos, that was what I meant. If we pay serious cash, do it on proper CB. 

No problem if he is soon to be 28...We have plenty of youngsters, we need experience. He can easily deliver 4 seasons at top level until others like Tomori step up.

38 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes, completely schooled AWB. He should be the left-back signing and that would allow the club to get in a centre-back, GK on top of Havertz

Defensively does leave a lot to be desired though. Commits and over-commits often.

I just hope we can somehow off-load both alonso and emerson, buy chillwell and reguilon.

3 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Defensively does leave a lot to be desired though. Commits and over-commits often.

I just hope we can somehow off-load both alonso and emerson, buy chillwell and reguilon.

Yes but not like any alternative is defensively solid apart from maybe Alaba who is out of reach. 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes but not like any alternative is defensively solid apart from maybe Alaba who is out of reach. 

I think tagliafco is defensively very good. But yeah, do agree with the gist. Reguilon should be one of the top most priorities.

Just wondering, has anyone here actually watched Reguilon week in week out, throughout the season and not just the last few Sevilla games before his name was suddenly mentioned, to know his strengths and weaknesses? I haven't seen enough of him to know those myself but judging by the reaction on here and elsewhere, you would think he's the second coming of Roberto Carlos or something. Everything is focused only on the positives with Reguilon and then with someone like Chilwell, everything is focused only on the negatives. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just wondering, has anyone here actually watched Reguilon week in week out, throughout the season and not just the last few Sevilla games before his name was suddenly mentioned, to know his strengths and weaknesses? I haven't seen enough of him to know those myself but judging by the reaction on here and elsewhere, you would think he's the second coming of Roberto Carlos or something. Everything is focused only on the positives with Reguilon and then with someone like Chilwell, everything is focused only on the negatives. 

Watched him a number of times before this season. And even in RM, I think he started the ajax game.

Don't think he is great defensively or even very good. He is great in offense though. 

But given the figures being quoted (25m€) it's a no brainer. A massive upgrade on our LB position. 

Is he better than chilwell, maybe. I think chilwell is better defensively, and reguilon is better in attack. 

Also, I feel he is bigged up because of the fee, while chilwell is brought down because of the same thing. If the fees were reverswd, I am pretty sure, the opinions would be reversed too, or atleast mine surely would.

37 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Watched him a number of times before this season. And even in RM, I think he started the ajax game.

Don't think he is great defensively or even very good. He is great in offense though. 

But given the figures being quoted (25m€) it's a no brainer. A massive upgrade on our LB position. 

Is he better than chilwell, maybe. I think chilwell is better defensively, and reguilon is better in attack. 

Also, I feel he is bigged up because of the fee, while chilwell is brought down because of the same thing. If the fees were reverswd, I am pretty sure, the opinions would be reversed too, or atleast mine surely would.

If we are strictly talking about the fee, then for sure. Going for Reguilon makes more sense all day long.

But based on what you said there, do we want another defender who is not good defensively when we seemingly already have so many of them? 

Plus and am just throwing this out here, can Reguilon handle the physicality and intensity of the Premier League? Maybe the club aren't convinced about it? I know some said he handled it well against Wan-Bissaka yesterday but that was only a game and it's different to do it in an one-off game and 38-50 domestic games. Also given we are seemingly going to change half of the squad this summer, it might be wise to get someone who already knows the league at the very least rather than have another player to settle in and all that.

And if Real Madrid insist on having the buy-back clause, then the Reguilon deal is off the table. 

If we are strictly talking about the fee, then for sure. Going for Reguilon makes more sense all day long.
But based on what you said there, do we want another defender who is not good defensively when we seemingly already have so many of them? 
Plus and am just throwing this out here, can Reguilon handle the physicality and intensity of the Premier League? Maybe the club aren't convinced about it? I know some said he handled it well against Wan-Bissaka yesterday but that was only a game and it's different to do it in an one-off game and 38-50 domestic games. Also given we are seemingly going to change half of the squad this summer, it might be wise to get someone who already knows the league at the very least rather than have another player to settle in and all that.
And if Real Madrid insist on having the buy-back clause, then the Reguilon deal is off the table. 

Why should Reguilon not handle PL when he destroyed Bissaka, one of the best and most physical tacklers in PL? Also, Greenwood, one of the most efficient PL RW, did not do that much. Most of Uniteds attack came from left or the middle apart from that one shot from Fred. Lampard and his scout Ashley Cole just love English players too much, so that is why we will not go for a pressing machine like Reguilon. His defending style is so modern because he starts pressing higher up. Really like his profile overall.

By the way, there is not one available target that is good at defending. Tagliafico has his flaws, Telles is not good at defending most of the times, Gosens is from what I have seen bad at defending too, Chilwell is also bad. So, all the available LB targets are no Ashley Coles at defending. So we should get the overall best and from what I see it should be Reguilon. Costs the least, played good quality opponents in La Liga and also showed that physical opponents are not a problem for him.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Jason I think it is quite clear that on here a lot of people just watch YouTube clips and look at stats. That is not necessarily an issue, but as you indicate it is not a great way of evaluating a player as you cannot evaluate the whole player as you do not know a variety of variables such as mentality, physicality, ability to play against top teams, ability to play in the clutch (as the American's like to say) etc. 

That said, he did get rated best LB in La Liga so he must've done something right. Also as he does play in La Liga it is more likely people may have seen him play a lot rather than some of the others touted such as Cakir and Rajkovic (not saying they are not good players, just saying it seems doubtful people have seen enough full 90 min games from them.) 

For me, Telles is the one I want as I have seen a fair bit of him at Inter (were I saw potential) and then via Porto in the Ropey League. For me, Telles isn't the greatest defender (but a lot of LB's these days aren't. Robinson for instance is great going forward and getting up and down but just good at defending and he is pretty much rated as the best LB in the world.) Also, he is available for £20m'ish and is currently only on €40k a week, so he wouldn't break the bank. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You