• Mount
    • Pedro
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Just now, Antonio8 said:

I didn't see this match, what I can say is that the schedule wasn't friendly with us 

now the most important thing is to not lose confidence in Lampard's work  

If we talk about work and yesterday's work was mine, it would lie in the dustbin now.
Happens to me from time to time mind you.

I think the second half demonstrated exactly why Sarri went down the cautious possession route last season after Arsenal at home, it wasn't pretty but we don't have the individual talent defensively to cope with counters after committing the runs in behind.

However i would still want us to play that way vs non top six sides, risky but most teams don't have the quality and decision making to pick us off, even yesterday Leicester counters were constantly being broken down by bad decision making by Maddison and Vardy and those two are as good as it gets outside the top 6.

Big games though has to be the same blueprint we faced Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

If we talk about work and yesterday's work was mine, it would lie in the dustbin now.
Happens to me from time to time mind you.

sorry for my english, but I don't understand 

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the second half demonstrated exactly why Sarri went down the cautious possession route last season after Arsenal at home, it wasn't pretty but we don't have the individual talent defensively to cope with counters after committing the runs in behind.

However i would still want us to play that way vs non top six sides, risky but most teams don't have the quality and decision making to pick us off, even yesterday Leicester counters were constantly being broken down by bad decision making by Maddison and Vardy and those two are as good as it gets outside the top 6.

Vardy is a good player. Now I know why the big clubs did not go for him. He's 32, so the year Leicester won the title he was 28.
About us however it was not only the vulnerability to counterattacks, because when did you see any serious attacking football after the 1-0 - or a couple of minutes after the 1-0 to be precise ?
Nothing worked well and only the final scoreline was not horrible enough, like the staweberries-raspberries last year.

33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

All of this directness is good and fun but there is a time when we need to slow down the match. 

It was our biggest problem, our pressing is terrific but we need to retain possession in the opp half better in it will be end to end..

And when it was end to end. Leicester created  3/4 good opportunities where we created very little. 

14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Vardy is a good player. Now I know why the big clubs did not go for him. He's 32, so the year Leicester won the title he was 28.
About us however it was not only the vulnerability to counterattacks, because when did you see any serious attacking football after the 1-0 - or a couple of minutes after the 1-0 to be precise ?
Nothing worked well and only the final scoreline was not horrible enough, like the staweberries-raspberries last year.

Arsenal went for him and he said no.

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

We definitely need width, cant wait to see how we play with Pulisic and CHO on the wings. i would like to see this lineup soon: 

Kepa

Azpi    Rudi    A.C    Emerson

Kante     Kovacic/Jorginho

Pulisic      Mount/RLC      CHO

Tammy/Giroud

I am not sure Cho coming back will help much, hazard on the other hand is whole another story. 

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

I didn't see this match, what I can say is that the schedule wasn't friendly with us 

now the most important thing is to not lose confidence in Lampard's work  

Schedule fucked us up this early in the season. But we have seen enough imo to let Lamps do his shit, let the team settle, get fitter, more used to the new system and get our injured men back. If we just had 1-2 killers man, would have been a whole different story, clueless inept board leaving our dicks hanging. I like the way we game and to me its the way forward.

I want to know this:
We were vulnerable to counterattacks ok, but luckily nothing happened.
The scored from a corner kick not a counterattack.
But our midfield and up front was Sahara desert - Gobi desert, from the moment after Mount scored for us (7th minute !).
How do you explain that ?

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

I want to know this:
We were vulnerable to counterattacks ok, but luckily nothing happened.
The scored from a corner kick not a counterattack.
But our midfield and up front was Sahara desert - Gobi desert, from the moment after Mount scored for us (7th minute !).
How do you explain that ?

Leicester city dominated the second half. They won every second ball esp after giroud left. They bullied us and did not need to sit and counter.

we have more opportunities to score in the first, and they had far more chances in the second.

yes, legs were prob a bit heavy given pool game, but some problems are recurring.

22 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Leicester city dominated the second half. They won every second ball esp after giroud left. They bullied us and did not need to sit and counter.

we have more opportunities to score in the first, and they had far more chances in the second.

yes, legs were prob a bit heavy given pool game, but some problems are recurring.

You call the first seven minutes "first half".