Bohemians 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

My thoughts on the game, very much as expected. Both halves we started well only to fade very badly in each. This team are midway through their season and that was clear to see so it would have acted as a very good workout tonight.

A couple of things I did like however:

1. Flexibility of formation. I think the 4-2-3-1 is best suited to our players but I'm glad Lampard is willing to try and experiment and we are at least already well accustomed to playing 4-3-3.

2. I like how we tried to play the ball much quicker through the lines. At times it was forced but the execution will improve and should be a welcome tweak to last years style.

3. Bats played well, not just his goal which he finished well as expected. He worked very hard and some of his play on the ball also seemed much improved.

I dont understand people's frustrations with the squad tonight. This was almost a "pre" pre season camp and Lamps was right to give chances to the likes of Piazon and Baker in the same way as Bakayoko and Drinkwater. Are they likely to make the grade? No, but that's Lamps call. I can only compare this to Conte giving Moses a chance and the rest was history. If he hadn't, would he have had a good enough right wing back within the squad to change to a back 3 and then perhaps the title wouldn't have been won. 

We had 12 or 13 players join up a day or two ago, all of which are either established or much more on the fringes of the squad and ready than most of these players tonight. Add to this Willian, Pulisic, CHO, RLC, Rudiger and James all not there and we're talking almost an entire squad.

Lamps just needs a bit of time to run the rule over everything at his disposal but I would expect when the season starts only a few that played tonight will be in the squad.

True, and I doubt any make the squad so it makes no difference. Bit unfair on brown given his injury problems as well but that's beside the point.

Worst case we wasted half a preseason game playing players who won't make the squad, so no big deal. Plus alot the first team and fringe players played in the summer so weren't gonna play tonight anyway.

The likes of Mount tomori Abraham etc. The 'youngsters' we really wanna see at this stage

They will play on Saturday as well.

I'd rather give players with promise extended game time over players that have no future.

8 hours ago, communicate said:

It is funny reading this forum. I kept hearing we should play youth player. One pre season game and it is change. Only ampadu is good enough. Ampadu was part of the 1st team last year so he is not exactly youth player

You know that our best youth players are all injured or did not play the game,right? Abraham, James, CHO, Mount, Tomori and RLC

Only promising players that played yesterday were Ampadu and Billy.

In some respects this is what's wrong with modern football fans critiquing pre season kick abouts. Even when Chelsea were shit I used to go to some friendlies mainly to visit grounds I'd never been before the match was always totally irrelevant it was then it is now.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

You know that our best youth players are all injured or did not play the game,right? Abraham, James, CHO, Mount, Tomori and RLC

Only promising players that played yesterday were Ampadu and Billy.

Fair enough.

I don't count CHO, ruben and ampadu as youth though. They were part of first team last season. 

Need to watch how mount, Tomori and James play. 

I watched Tammy two years ago with Swansea. He need a lot of work

14 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

@Atomiswave

Didn't really look like a team playing for the manager who demands respect. :ph34r:

Hold your horses there partner....you wouldnt judge sarii this way now would you? Pre.season is nothing more than getting up to speed and figuring out whom can cut it and eventhough it was a friendly, plenty of those players wont be in the squad, enjoy the ride, its sure to be filled with all kinds of shit.

First game didnt expect much more.

Ampadu really caught my eye but still at times in first half he played too safe with his passing.

Kenedy isnt a LB and has no place here in the long term in my eyes.

Batshuayi did good but still have doubts about him, although times the final pass to him was shit ornthey went another way.

Billy Gilmour looked promising when he got on but think this seasons too soon.

Dujon Sterling was disappointing. 

Hopefully with the addition of more senior players who played regularly together and more fitness training we will be a lot better. Im sure we will. 4231 is still for me not a better fit than 433.

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

First game didnt expect much more.

Ampadu really caught my eye but still at times in first half he played too safe with his passing.

I think it is more important to know what is his best position. As much as I like versatile player, it is important for him to have a settled position. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Nothing but a fitness booster with lads stretching their legs and Lampard looking into player detail.

Couldn't be even classed as a friendly, more of a warm up.

Spot on.....to judge anything already will yield nothing.

53 minutes ago, the wes said:

WTF already 😂😂😂

_107831018_resuklt.jpg

He is more than likely being sarcastic.....I hope anyway.

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

bullshit

if this is the route you take this year we are going to have mad argy bargy all season long

jus sayin'

You've badly missed the point. :lol:

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Hold your horses there partner....you wouldnt judge sarii this way now would you? Pre.season is nothing more than getting up to speed and figuring out whom can cut it and eventhough it was a friendly, plenty of those players wont be in the squad, enjoy the ride, its sure to be filled with all kinds of shit.

The way I judge Sarri, is consistent with the way I'll judge Lampard, which is solely based on what he has at his disposal. Not some laughable conjecture that unlike Sarri, Lampard will demand respect from the players which will reflect the performances on the pitch. That was the very last thing we saw last night. 

Believe me, I will be referencing your insensible post quite a lot until it gets through to you that what we have won't ever be good enough. Despite who the manager is.