Philippe Coutinho

Unionjack

I think people are forgetting how good he was at Liverpool. He is inconsistent, albeit his last season at Liverpool he was fantastic for majority of season before he left to Barca in Jan and the season before he was excellent too. He is easily worth more than £50mm in today's market. I don't see how people can say different. That can happen when you go to a team like Barca who already have top players, you can struggle to have the same impact. He can dribble, pass and can score from long distance too. I am not saying he would necessarily suit us but like I was saying, easily worth more than £50m in today's market. Only 27 too.

52 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think people are forgetting how good he was at Liverpool. He is inconsistent, albeit his last season at Liverpool he was fantastic for majority of season before he left to Barca in Jan and the season before he was excellent too. He is easily worth more than £50mm in today's market. I don't see how people can say different. That can happen when you go to a team like Barca who already have top players, you can struggle to have the same impact. He can dribble, pass and can score from long distance too. I am not saying he would necessarily suit us but like I was saying, easily worth more than £50m in today's market. Only 27 too.

As I said a couple days ago, I agree he's very good. I think if he goes to a club that actually plays him in his best position I think he'll return to the top class player he was at Liverpool. 

As long as Sarri is here the links to us don't make sense, however. If we played using a 4-2-3-1 he'd be ideal. 

He is not a winger neither a midfielder. Those players with no clear role in the modern football should be cheap. Barcelona will not get big money for him unless its PSG. My guess is he will stay there as a squad player.

On 5/12/2019 at 0:36 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

Someone told me the other day that Ziyech has a £25m release clause in his contract. Chelsea should be all over that if its true, I've been impressed every time I've seen him for Ajax in the Champions League this season. In the current market that is an absolute bargain and he would offer a much bigger goal threat than all of our current wide and creative players, Hazard not included.

This although that release clause talk is nonsense and his price this summer will be around 40-50m. He offers more than Coutinho and because of his world class pressing ability will fit into Sarri's tactics like a glove. He's so hardworking he could play the Kante role against lesser teams but is best used either as a 10 or as RW wide playmaker who cuts inside to his favoured left foot. He has great passing ability and vision the likes of Willian can only dream of and we really need that creativity too after Hazard leaves so Ziyech would really be a nobrainer

For the past few months Ajax fans have been solely singing Ziyech's name in an effort to make him stay. The fact that he stands out like that from a squad full of outstanding talents speaks volumes.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

As I said a couple days ago, I agree he's very good. I think if he goes to a club that actually plays him in his best position I think he'll return to the top class player he was at Liverpool. 

As long as Sarri is here the links to us don't make sense, however. If we played using a 4-2-3-1 he'd be ideal. 

I agree that no.10 is his best position but even at Liverpool he did not play there that much. He either played as a CM in a 4-3-3 or a LW. So for instance if Sarri was to play him, maybe he sees a player who can play in that role and also from the LW role. Offers something that majority of our other players can't do also in terms of scoring from distance what Sarri may also like. I don't think he will end up here anyway, but just saying why I could see how he fits in a 4-3-3 system with Sarri.

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Fuck CM. That's Ruben's. Fuck LW as well. That's CHO's 

We need to be focusing on RW and ST first and foremost. After that, CB and LB. 

Fuck rw, that's pulisic's. 

ST and LB for me. CB would be a stretch with Luiz, rudiger, Andreas, zouma/tomori/ampadu

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

Higauin, kovacic and now coutinho. 

Given our list of transfer targets, I have only one thing to say. Come on transfer ban.

27 minutes ago, the wes said:

Yes ... why not ... we are becoming a team for the old and the unwanted ... Keep it coming !!! 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, the wes said:

This coutinho rumour won't go away 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/option-join-chelsea-stand-player-waiting-cas-verdict-transfer-ban/

We are goin to wasted our hazard funds :middlefinger::middlefinger:

We are not going to because the ban would be in place and Coutinho would be long gone while the ban is completed. 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea eyeing Barca’s Coutinho as Hazard replacement- Di Marzio

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelsea-eyeing-barcas-coutinho-as-hazard-replacement-di-marzio/

There are far worse players out there, but his cost and our bans tilt hard against this move.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You