Nicolas Pepe

Unionjack

Arse will do what Arse always do this season. They'll smack a bunch of the midtable and lower table PL sides, they'll smack most of the rando Europa League sides, and they'll have a stretch during the seasons where all their fans and some journalists ask "are Arsenal actually title contenders?"

But unless they address their defense with about 3 new, top players they'll get nowhere near Liverpool or City and will probably be on the end of some beatings by top teams.

Their attack will be great as it always is. Their defense will be comedy as it always is.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

But their attack is deadly. Holding was actually decent for them before he got injured last season. Tierney will improve them. With the so called £45m budget, if they get Tierney along with Pepe, then that is really good business as they need a winer desperately and they have got a top one too.

I don't see how they can get anyone else if they do get Pepe. They're apparently gonna pay the fee in installments!

If he had to go to an English club that isn't us Arsenal is probably the best option.

Adding another layer of gold while ignoring the engine, although that said it probably tips the top 4 race slightly in their favour unless Mustafi goes evenl more ditzy and/or Mount and Pulisic can hit the ground running for us.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If they had silly money to throw at a single player like this I wonder why they didn't go and target the best CB possible. 

Because not every club will be generous enough to accept installments? 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Because not every club will be generous enough to accept installments? 

I guess. Wonder why Lille have here. Surely some other club would've paid up front. Or maybe all the other links were bullshit.

On 7/27/2019 at 6:25 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

People are honestly forgetting how solid the Holding+Sokratis partnership was. Arsenal sort their left back (which they will) and Bellerin comes back, they have a massive case to finish top 4 

It's clutching at straws I know, but I haven't given up hoping that their move for Pepe will fall through.

23 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's clutching at straws I know, but I haven't given up hoping that their move for Pepe will fall through.

rather him go to Arse (which fucks them from fixing that horrific back 4) than to Manure

IF Manure pull Pepe, swap out Lukaku for Dybala or Icardi, sell Pogba and pull SMS, and land Harry Maguire (all massive asks) I will, at that point, REALLY start to worry

We caught another big break in that Mr. Glass (Bailly) shattered yet again

I have no idea how a CB who looks like poured liquid metal is so so fragile

Image result for Bailly muscles

On 27/07/2019 at 5:05 PM, LAM09 said:

They're still lacking elsewhere. I certainly don't see them finishing in the top 4 with their current squad and rumoured signings.  

Sokratis, Mustafi and Chambers won't cut it.

Still two weeks until the season starts and we’ve already seen the reassuring sight of Mustafi calling for offside as Arsenal’s defence falls to pieces

just saw that it isn't £72m Arse are paying for him, its £82m with bonuses

big cash

I do not know if we would even lay that much out if we could TBH

I would like to think so, but if you take the forced big buy of Kepa (who was still £10m less) away

that is far above what we are spending these days

23m more than we dropped on Morata (we only ended up pay 2m in bonuses)

28m more than we dropped on Pulisic

30m more than we dropped on Jorginho

42m more than we dropped on Kovacic

46m than we dropped on Bakayoko

47m more than we dropped on Bats, and (arffff) Drinkwater

50m more than we dropped on Kante

51m more than we dropped on Rudiger

On 27/07/2019 at 5:41 PM, Pizy said:

I guess. Wonder why Lille have here. Surely some other club would've paid up front. Or maybe all the other links were bullshit.

Maybe suits them better for their recruitment. Id imagine if they get that fee in installments certain clubs wont think they have got X amount just sitting in the bank to demand a bit extra for players. Seen they want to sign 3 attackers to replace him and Rafael Leao if he goes. Maybe its just they feel its a better deal too, if Arsenal are willing to pay whst looks like more than the original 72m including bonuses who knows. Crazy they are dropping 72m although in installments and maybe another 25m to 30m on Kieran Tierney. Potentially as well as what I see as a shrewd free transfer of Sami Khedira. If i was an Arsenal fan I would be horrified they havent looked at sorting their centre backs out though. Mustafi is laughable.

Still two weeks until the season starts and we’ve already seen the reassuring sight of Mustafi calling for offside as Arsenal’s defence falls to pieces

[emoji1]

Might be off to Monaco. Will be shocked if they actually get even close to Arsenal's asking price.

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If i was an Arsenal fan I would be horrified they havent looked at sorting their centre backs out though. Mustafi is laughable.

ZERO idea why they went for Sokratis and not Manolas

or get them both as they are the Greek national teams starting CB's so are very used to playing together

Issa Diop was another WTF, as Arse have the best French connections

he would be a beast there, West Sham got a steal (as I predicted)

the other one who would be (and would have been) perfect is Iñigo Martínez, a superb ball playing CB, poor mans Laporte

Diop and Martinez would be terrifying if they were added onto that rest of the team

they also could have had Diego Godín on a free, he still has 1 or even 2 good years left

foolish club in some key areas

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Pepe to Arsenal and Ndombele to Spuds. Why of all clubs they go to these fuckers. 

And Spurs linked to Paulo Dybala Poch won't rule out a move for him 😩😩😩

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You