• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

On 8/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mana said:

Nah, can't see Morata scoring. He'll probably F up like he usually does against Arsenal.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mana said:

But back to this game, I want us to win (because it's way overdue against these feckers) and if we are going to win, it won't be because of Morata. I'm just sayin'.

Never forget. :P 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total domination until the meltdown.

Progressively returning to possession, with hazard and kovacic just too much for Arsenal to hold.

I've got to say that it's definitely a scare but we have to congratulate the team for the performance, we are adapting to sarri style faster than expected and the difference is visible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

lol Morata scores, he sucks. 

Morata doesn't score. He really sucks. 

OK.

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

Excellent second half performance. Chels were suffocating Arsenal. I was just waiting for Chels to score. It took a while but it eventually happened, and it was completely deserved.

Alonso was a beast. His late runs into the box are a problem. When Chelsea control the ball and get forward, he will be a very useful asset. And he was good outside of the goal and assist. Good touch, calm and clever passing and really covered that left flank well.

Jorginho's positioning is fuxking excellent. I love midfielders who know how to move. He's always in the right positions, providing passing options. Body constantly in the correct direction to turn into space. Accurate and strategic passer. Very intelligent in his decision-making. Knows when to keep it simple or when to go for the forward pass. Never afraid to play an early ball in behind or ping a through ball. The sight of this type of midfielder in a Chelsea kit makes me so happy.

Hazard is a boss. A game changer. He was bloody unstoppable. His timing when going for the burst and dribble was impeccable. His control over the ball simply too much to handle. They were shaking in their boots only a minute after he entered the pitch. There was no way he wasn't going to influence the score.

Kovacic showing very encouraging signs. Moved into the right spaces and was very confident on the ball. Nice instant chemistry with Hazard. I'm excited about the prospects of that Jorginho-Kovacic-Hazard link up.

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

Hopefully there is a recording for today's game and you can see how different Giroud play as no 9. He is slow and finisiing is crap but just watch how he fight and press. Those two things are important if Morata want to succeed in PL. PL value physicality especially for a no 9, the way Morata play is just too soft for EPL. 

I am more convinced than ever that we were fools to not sell Willian to Barca for £65m or even better do the swap deal with Manure for Martial. Also, I REALLY want AC to start over Luiz. Barkley looked decent but Kovacic is at another level. Alonso is going to be the starter, we just have to accept his defensive shortcomings. Kante needs to be used as a DMF, he is the best in the world at that postion. Making him go forward is a waste and exposes Jorginho. I so hope Hazard starts the next game. Kepa was oki, I expect him to settle in more each game. He is very calm with ball at hus feet, which is so important.

All in all, a learning experience AND we got the 3 points against a top 6 team.

I thought Barkley got a lot of hate today, and some were particularly blaming the meltdown in the 15 minute period on him. Hardly fair. Honestly thought Kante and Jorg were the ones that let us down in that 15 minute stretch. 

Thought he played well, and that play where he flicked the ball up and had a shot at Cech was one of my favourite plays of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I thought Barkley got a lot of hate today, and some were particularly blaming the meltdown in the 15 minute period on him. Hardly fair. Honestly thought Kante and Jorg were the ones that let us down in that 15 minute stretch. 

Thought he played well, and that play where he flicked the ball up and had a shot at Cech was one of my favourite plays of the game. 

Hes looking better every game I think. Today was a big game too, when we faded I'd say it was more to do with Kante-Jorginho perhaps not positionally being right without the ball as well as Ross but again its a learning curve, lets not forget we are 2 games into the season and theres plenty to learn yet. The game could have went so much differently if not for some dodgy finishing and good saves from both keepers/strikers. 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Barkley did well but comparing him to Kovacic is almost like comparing Willian to Hazard. 

If you'd have asked me before the season started whether it would take longer for us to look solid defensively or silky going forward I would have said the latter. I thought it would take us months to look like a free-flowing attacking side. But fuck me, we look amazing going forward compared to years past. 

We totally controlled an excellent footballing side in Arsenal in that second half and if not for Cech having a 10/10 performance could've scored 6.

If we can settle ourselves at the back and our midfielders know when and where to be to help out, we can make a real push for that 3rd spot.

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Hopefully there is a recording for today's game and you can see how different Giroud play as no 9. He is slow and finisiing is crap but just watch how he fight and press. Those two things are important if Morata want to succeed in PL. PL value physicality especially for a no 9, the way Morata play is just too soft for EPL. 

When Hazard and Kovacic enter the starting line-up, Giroud has to play. Especially in home games. Morata is slowly getting better but not there yet. I think Giroud with his target man abilities is more useful to the team right now.

And I think Morata could prove to be effective off the bench. But I'd go for Morata in most away games. You want more mobility and speed in away games (Chelsea not being one of the fastest teams in the league).

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Barkley did well but comparing him to Kovacic is almost like comparing Willian to Hazard. 

Honestly that is putting it nicely. The difference between Barkley and Kovacic is much greater, i hope it will be a long time before i see that donkey on the pitch again. His passing, intelligence, and touch is so poor. One of his poor passes resulted in a goal. He really is a poor fit for one touch passing and this system, decision making is too slow.