Jorginho

Unionjack

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Being athletic isnt a hugely defining factor if you have other facets to your game. Reading the game well makes a huge difference in any position.

Sergio Busquets is not hugely athletic but he reads the game so well and is rarely caught out. Plus he is exceptional at passing through the lines and getting the ball back. Welsey Sneidjer wasn't renowned for being hugely athletic at all but he was a brilliant player at Inter under Mourinho because he knew where to be and his intelligence and technical attributes were excellent. Andrea Pirlo wasnt hugely athletic but again knew where to stand where to be to intercept/tackle etc. If youve got footballing intelligence and can read the game you dont need to be hugely quick or strong. Terry as a CB here in his latter years, was slow as fuck but again reading the game so well. 

The German tesm who won the world cup had a good mix of both physical and intelligent players.

Wesley Sneijder scored one of my all time favourite WC goals, knocked out Brasil in 2010:wub:

That WC was also the by far the most cash I ever won in a wager, as I got 40-1 odds on Diego Forlan on a 50 quid bet for the Golden Ball

so... BOOM £2000 and baby got a new Fendi bag!

(I almost never gamble but my father called me from the Mayfair Ladbrokes and asked me if I wanted to lay a bet on anything, and that one just was a pure hunch as I had just read an article about the players with best hair at the WC, lol, featuring Forlan) 

In my mind before the final I thought the ups and down of this season for him was mostly down to his first yeah in the PL. 

Needed some time to adjust. 

I do expect next season he will be better. If not then he's only good in the Serie A. 

We shall see next season. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

In my mind before the final I thought the ups and down of this season for him was mostly down to his first yeah in the PL. 

Needed some time to adjust. 

I do expect next season he will be better. If not then he's only good in the Serie A. 

We shall see next season. 

I think its a perfect example of someone needing time to settle and adapt. 

New style, language, culture, team mates, etc.

The last few games he has been superb. He was phenomenal in the two semis against Frankfurt and excellent again last night. 

He's adjusted to the lack of time he gets on the ball and releases the ball much quicker than he was earlier in the season. It's also not a coincidence that his upturn in form has coincided with the team's overall improvement recently playing out from the back. He will always be exposed at times defensively because he has physical and athletical limitations but his reading of the game is very good (the number of tackles and blocks he makes shows this) and he has become much more aggressive with his overall play recently. 

I think generally, his performance in recent games, proves that fans need to be more patience and stop deciding players are a failure for the club. Such a huge majority of people were slating him and I always insisted that the criticism was exaggerated and slightly unfair. He needed time. Fans did the same with Christensen. Completely turned their back on him and decided he was not good enough. Now those fans are probably changing their minds and thinking they probably were too knee-jerk. Same with Kovacic, there is a good player there but fans lack patience. 

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He became quite the good tackler, but he still lacks in creaivity. We need a long term Cesc replacement to solve our lack in creativity.

I dont think we need a creative central midfielder but instead what we need is a creative attacking midfielder who can play as no.10 and on the wings and thus bring more creativity to the final third (which isn't really Jorginho's job at all). Like a faster and more aggressive version of Juan Mata. Hakim Ziyech would be perfect

Just now, !Hazard! said:

I dont think we need a creative central midfielder but instead what we need is a creative attacking midfielder who can play as no.10 and on the wings and thus bring more creativity to the final third (which isn't really Jorginho's job at all). Like a faster and more aggressive version of Juan Mata. Hakim Ziyech would be perfect

Ok, that would be fine with me. That is the reason why I always wanted Bernardo Silva to play here for Chelsea. Silva and Hazard would have been insane.

Just now, the wes said:

I don't think sarri will want jorginho at juventus they have panjic who could do the jorginho role at juventus 

Not sure if people realize but we don't exactly have great numbers or rather great quality in midfield. Jorginho has his flaws but also has qualities. Selling him will leave us with Kante, Loftus-Cheek and probably Barkley as our only decent/good midfielders at this point.

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sure if people realize but we don't exactly have great numbers or rather great quality in midfield. Jorginho has his flaws but also has qualities. Selling him will leave us with Kante, Loftus-Cheek and probably Barkley as our only decent/good midfielders at this point.

Plus RLC is probably done for all of next year :(

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

All of NEXT year? Pretty sure he'll back some time later this year.

That is not what most all of the reports said after it happened. Here is an example. I hope he can come back after the winter break.

https://talksport.com/football/543841/ruben-loftus-cheek-chelsea-injured-year-achilles/