• Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is we didnt need to be so defensive especially as we didn't exactly have much chance to try and score and were playing catch the ball. 

Shouldve thought sod it at half time and gone for it.. Instead straight off 1-0 down and nothing changed from there. 

Just yet another of those games.. Which keep happening. Wouldn't mind so much if it was so bad. Subs on to late and it was a training match for them. 

My frustration about conte tactical disaster and piss poor formation....despite city excellent season....the difference in class between them Liverpool and us is not heaven and earth but a positive mindset and clear attacking approach to instil their attacking pattern on oppositions... But our manager instils defensive and negative approach to try and annul opposition threat... And please a serious question?..why persistence with 343 when we  don't have quality wing backs in Moses and Alonso...  

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Is that a real quote? 

Yes it will not end 1-0 maybe 4-0. But at least give it a go at the end when we were down. Losing 1-0 and 4-0 means you still got 0 points

He's literally begging to be sacked by taking the coward approach. Crystal Palace are near the bottom of the table and yet, they gave City a run for their money some weeks back and came away with a point. Could even have won the game! Liverpool pressed and harried City into mistakes and managed to beat them. Bristol City, who are in the Championship(!!!) and though they lost, took the game to City in the League cup and ended up only losing narrowly. There is a difference between taking a reactive and coward approach and pathetically, Conte chose to take the latter. Also, his stubbornness to stick with the back 5 every single fucking time, even when facing defeat, is maddening. Last season when things weren't going well in matches, he wasn't afraid to change formation. This season, he has passively just stuck with the same starting formation and hope something happen. Think we all have sympathized with Conte over the lack of support from the board but we've reached the point where it's foolish to even back him anymore, given he has made so many poor tactical, squad management decisions. Any credit he gained from winning the league last season is gone. 

Conte's resigned attitude is what has gotten us in this position. This is the first time in Chelsea history that I have seen a manager acting like a player( in the sense that he didn't get the players he wanted so he doesn't care anymore) *sighs* 

I think it is situation like this when Terry having the armband "may" have changed the mentality of the players on the pitch.  

29% possession FFS!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

He's literally begging to be sacked by taking the coward approach. Crystal Palace are near the bottom of the table and yet, they gave City a run for their money some weeks back and came away with a point. Could even have won the game! Liverpool pressed and harried City into mistakes and managed to beat them. Bristol City, who are in the Championship(!!!) and though they lost, took the game to City in the League cup and ended up only losing narrowly. There is a difference between taking a reactive and coward approach and pathetically, Conte chose to take the latter. Also, his stubbornness to stick with the back 5 every single fucking time, even when facing defeat, is maddening. Last season when things weren't going well in matches, he wasn't afraid to change formation. This season, he has passively just stuck with the same starting formation and hope something happen. Think we all have sympathized with Conte over the lack of support from the board but we've reached the point where it's foolish to even back him anymore, given he has made so many poor tactical, squad management decisions. Any credit he gained from winning the league last season is gone. 

I'll be surprised if he stay beyond this summer. It is like he gave up. sIdon't understand why insist with back 3. I understand if one of the back 3 is a converted dm that can step up and play both roles ( I saw Dier did this for spurs). But in our case they are pure cb. 

At 80th minute he replace William with Giroud. Why not Moses and just play long ball to Giroud with Hazard running behind

2 hours ago, communicate said:

I'll be surprised if he stay beyond this summer. It is like he gave up. sIdon't understand why insist with back 3. I understand if one of the back 3 is a converted dm that can step up and play both roles ( I saw Dier did this for spurs). But in our case they are pure cb. 

At 80th minute he replace William with Giroud. Why not Moses and just play long ball to Giroud with Hazard running behind

Pedro was the one in need of replacement yet he replaced Willian.
I believe the man is in despair.
His top transfer plays from the 87th minute to the 90th minute, his other top transfer is probably working as a car mechanic somewhere in Africa now.

4 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Conte's resigned attitude is what has gotten us in this position. This is the first time in Chelsea history that I have seen a manager acting like a player( in the sense that he didn't get the players he wanted so he doesn't care anymore) *sighs* 

I think it is situation like this when Terry having the armband "may" have changed the mentality of the players on the pitch.  

29% possession FFS!

And what can he do with a 2nd division squad ?

17 hours ago, Jason said:

Sums up the spineless performance today...

2.5M views already. We are the laughing stock not only in England, but also in Europe.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Think we all have sympathized with Conte over the lack of support from the board but we've reached the point where it's foolish to even back him anymore, given he has made so many poor tactical, squad management decisions. Any credit he gained from winning the league last season is gone. 

Call me foolish then. Hell, stick delusional in there too. I can handle a whole bad season after picking us up from the obsecurity of 10th place.

I didn't know you had the authority to take away credit by the way. Very impressive.

I disagree with the Conte critics.
He has no weapons to fight.
I disagreed with Mourinho's critics too back in 2015-16, but with his antics it was a bit different. In 2015-16 three key players Iva-Ramirez-Oscar suddenly lost their strengths, while at the same time the board were as stingy as ever. So that left Mourinho without many options but as I said he is temperamental and he blew his lid.

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

Call me foolish then. Hell, stick delusional in there too. I can handle a whole bad season after picking us up from the obsecurity of 10th place.

I didn't know you had the authority to take away credit by the way. Very impressive.

At this point, it's not even about handling a bad season anymore. It's about whether we should persist with a manager who clearly doesn't want to be here anymore. 

Me taking away credit? :lol: Lots of fans, me included, have already lost patience with him despite winning the title last season. Yesterday's coward approach was the final straw for many. Have no issues with him pointing out the issues with the team but he keeps moaning about them, downplaying the squad quality (it's not great but it's not bad either), making bad decision after bad decision, persisting with things that don't work etc. Can you really blame fans who have had enough of him?