test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Christian Pulisic

Started by the wes,

157 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, Strike said:

70 mil for someone whose contract expires in a year? Pass.

And who isn't even a starter. Dortmund are having a laugh.

Strike, the wes and Vesper like this

Getting Pulišić instead of Suso is really really crazy. There are a lot better RW-s than Pulišić out there.

Vesper likes this

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Disagree. Think he's shown poor form the last year and a half at Dortmund but there's definitely something there. Like Draxler at Wolfsburg few years back, think he's just stagnating and needs a change. Would definitely be worth signing if he can get back to how he was playing when he was just breaking through, really good 1 v 1 player, bit of work and he can be a special player at any club.

Have not been impressed by this bloke. We need bona fide top quality but he is not it. Now you compare him to Draxler another player I never believed in.

Vesper likes this

12 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Still to this day I have no idea how we paid 30M for that bloke.

£70m when salary/fees, insurance are factured in.

It is exhibit number one that Marina and the board are fucking numpty cunts who do NOT know football for shit.

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

I hope we dont put in 70 mil for him (he's not worth that) even thorgan Hazard is having a better season. But I think he is better than willian.

Johnnyeye and the wes like this

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I hope we dont put in 70 mil for him (he's not worth that) even thorgan Hazard is having a better season. But I think he is better than willian.

After how much we paid for Bakayoko and Drinkwater, i honestly stopped caring how much a player cost. 

I am a huge fan of Pulisic, we desperately need more goal scorers in our attack though. Not a solution to what we need. 

kellzfresh likes this

Not better than Pedro or Wilian currently and I'd be surprised if he ever reaches either of those players' level. I think for the crazy price he'd flop here.

We need an instant, clear upgrade in this position rather than a prospect/project that will need years to reach his potential.

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not better than Pedro or Wilian currently and I'd be surprised if he ever reaches either of those players' level. I think for the crazy price he'd flop here.

We need an instant, clear upgrade in this position rather than a prospect/project that will need years to reach his potential.

He can't be and won't be any worse than Willian. :lol: 

kellzfresh and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Every transfer is a risk, no matter what or who we go for. Forget prices now, the prices are through the roof bonkers but Pulisic is a superb player, better than both Willian and Pedro by an absolute mile.

The quicker people get into their heads we would rather pay big money for players rather than play CHO and RLC's of the world the better.

DDA likes this

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No denial either.

It's never denial or affirmation, it's a standard reply straight from the PR textbook. Managers always say that, reporting this is just a waste of digital space. It's the same as players saying they have a contract with their current club (no shit sherlock!) and "you never know in football", another line you just know has been drilled into them to make their replies as boring as possible.

19 minutes ago, the wes said:

got Runner up in the Kopa Trophy award for 2018

Pulisic as number 2 and Justin Kluivert as number 3 U21's is a joke by the Kopa voters

pathetic

Pulisic doesnt even start on his own team as an even younger player (Sancho) has benched him

Matthijs de Ligt, Kai Havertz, Dayot Upamecano and now Sancho (plus probably Alexander-Arnold) are all far better than Pulisic and especially Kluivert

and I also think that Ousame Dembele and Gabriel Jesus were eligible (I might be wrong on that)

Pulisic is over-hyped because he is a yank, and Kluivert because of his father (he has ONE GOAL all year for Roma so far ffs)

I am not totally slating either one, but every other player I listed is better as of now (plus obviously Mbappe who is the best player on the planet already or will be next year)

we really should go for Nicolas Pepe for RW (and try to get Bailey on the cheap as well, as he is massively struggling but still has insane talent)

I can actually see this happening. Dortmund are dissatisfied with his progress and have enough players in that position. Also he is the biggest star in US soccer which is ou rmain foreign market so I can definitely see this making sense froma n ecnomic point of view even for 70m. I think he is decent enough but IMO not more talented than e.g. Kenedy or Bertrand Traore (both similar playing style and equally strongly left-footed) who we are/were happy to sell. But we need a RW, a left-footed one would be great too and I can still see him becoming a very good player if given the chance. 

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I can actually see this happening. Dortmund are dissatisfied with his progress and have enough players in that position. Also he is the biggest star in US soccer which is ou rmain foreign market so I can definitely see this making sense froma n ecnomic point of view even for 70m. I think he is decent enough but IMO not more talented than e.g. Kenedy or Bertrand Traore (both similar playing style and equally strongly left-footed) who we are/were happy to sell. But we need a RW, a left-footed one would be great too and I can still see him becoming a very good player if given the chance. 

He is right footed though,

He really fits what Sarri wants though; He is a high energy player that will press and work for the team, technical and one of the best young dribbler in the world, pacy and direct, intelligent and composed player always has his head up and look to make the right pass. I think he is a good fit for what Sarri wants to implement and achieve here. 

55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is right footed though,

ugghh you are right. so if we sign him that has to mean Hazard is gone... well thats not so good then.