Edin Dzeko

the wes

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

While the core issue might be true, i don’t believe for a second that the club is still debating about it at this point.

I think it's the length of the contract. Chelsea want one year contract whereas Dzeko wants more than one most probably.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Blusan Alamb said:

I think it's the length of the contract. Chelsea wants one year contract whereas Dzeko wants more than one probably.

Best scenario would probably be 2 1/2 years with an option to extend.

In any case, this stupid policy is really a proof that the board is running like the club like a business. Why is age the main factor in whether we keep a player or not? If a player is still capable of contributing, we should be keeping him. If he's not, then sell him.

I am happy because I consider Dzeko proven player. What he's done at City, Roma and in Germany is way more than what Morata did at Juve/Madrid/Chelsea. And yes, despite of his age, he was never actually fast, so can't see him declining much.

Morata is still project in making and his development could go either way. Do I consider Dzeko better than Morata NOW? Yes, I do. But, Morata could easily get better. Could, don't know if he would.

Also, Dzeko's arrival is a great thing for Morata, even if he ends up on the bench. There will be no presure on him, he could then focus, work in silence and take his chances to show his worth.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Best scenario would probably be 2 1/2 years with an option to extend. In any case, this stupid policy is really a proof that the board is running like the club like a business. Why is age the main factor in whether we keep a player or not? If a player is still capable of contributing, we should be keeping him. If he's not, then sell him.

Also this 30yo limit shouldn't be so inflexible (but flexibility seems to be a word Marina never heard of). There are players and players and while 30 is passed the peak age, in some positions such as goalkeeper and CB we have players doing a very good job

Strikers should also be questionable if the striker doesn't rely on pace rather than skills

That said, I'm not a huge fan of Dzeko, but we need to reinforce the squad, so welcome, but this sacred rule of limiting contracts and even signings because of this as if the only reason to bring someone is reselling value needs to go away along with Marina stubbornness. We are a football Club, business here aren't the same as in an oil company and if they want to run us as such we'll become Arsenal at some point.

In football money comes through players transactions, but mostly with titles and fans spending, as this also raises player's valuation

11 hours ago, Jason said:

With all the praise for Dzeko here, won't be surprised if people suddenly turn on him after 3-4 bad games...

If he had 3-4 underwhelming games in a row questions would need to be asked, what's strange about that?

20 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

if we sign the Dzeko who played at the Bridge in CL, Morata is on the bench.  Even at City Dzeko was good, IMO they shouldnt have sold him.

I'd love us to play both though, 2 uptop

We have a way of making players, and teams, look good.

When we’re in “can’t keep the ball mode”, as we were that night, the ball keeps coming at us. It comes at unexpected times, and from unexpected angles. This turns our game into a shambles which allows even ordinary opponents to perform at their best.

I’m not saying Dzeko is an ordinary player. I’m just saying that it can be a mistake to give too much weight to performances against Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

http://www.forzaroma.info/news-as-roma/roma-dzeko-ai-saluti-bagagli-in-macchina-il-chelsea-si-avvicina-sempre-di-piu/

He's on his way people.

EDIT - might be his sister visiting him, hence the luggage....

YEP!

Dzeko pictured leaving for London

http://readchelsea.com/2018/01/23/dzeko-pictured-leaving-for-london/

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You