Jean Seri

the wes

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst I think Seri is an upgrade on what we have, I would much rather the club makes the decision to stick an extra £10-15m on the fee earmarked for Seri and get someone like Jorginho who I believe is (1) the next level up and (2) more suited to Sarri.

Savic is way out of our price range currently and whilst he looks a good player he still has a lot to prove in my opinion to justify a price tag like £80-100m. For me such a price would be for someone more proven at the highest level (like an Isco for example)

I don't know if Jorginho is the "next level up" but the thing I like is his familiarity with Sarri's system... Could prove invaluable. Seri is a decent CM who could blossom under the tutelage of Sarri. The unknown is the only limitation.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't know if Jorginho is the "next level up" but the thing I like is his familiarity with Sarri's system... Could prove invaluable. Seri is a decent CM who could blossom under the tutelage of Sarri. The unknown is the only limitation.

For what we need which is a more creative player who can dominate possession and dictate the tempo of the game for us, then I do think Jorginho is a level above Seri.

Agreed too, appointing Sarri will be such a culture and style shift so to have someone so familiar with (and so important himself to Sarri at Napoli) it could be pivotal.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/6/5/17428750/nice-reject-chelsea-arsenal-bids-for-midfielder-jean-michael-seri-report

Our supposed #1 midfield option, has a release clause at a very reasonable price. Chelsea 1st offer is a lowball..... How this god damn club operates now:finger:

Seri in very advanced talk with Chelsea, personal choice of Roman.

Apparently a reliable source, the guy who announced Fabinho in Liverpool...

In Head of sport service for RTL France.

according to this French RTL journalist with 15K followers, we are in very advanced talks with Seri! great news if true, I rate him highly, barca almost signed him last summer too...

the reporter says Seri is roman's personal choice but I think it's more likely it's the board's choice... I'm happy wither way if we get this through

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.56.43 PM.png

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Roman wants him. Right, lol. Because I'm sure he's been scouting Nice in the French league. :D

I'll believe it when he's holding up the shirt.

Same with Hazard. Personally Roman convinced him to sign with us.

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

I hope it's spells the end of fabregas Chelsea career he's done

Cesc can still be a dangerous weapon to bring on off the bench. Whether he'll be okay with that is the question.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Cesc can still be a dangerous weapon to bring on off the bench. Whether he'll be okay with that is the question.

he could and probably would. although this upcoming season we could use it to regroup and close the gap and come back stronger the year after and beyond . focus on league and F.A cup and seasoning younger guys in U.E.F.A cup ,Milk cup and playing the Cesc,Pedro type roles of bench in big games occasional starter against weaker teams in league and FA cup.

I`m not against keeping Cesc. specifically but would like us to take something positive from the upcoming season and letting younger players take some of the veteran fringe players spots.

Looks like he's going to be our first signing, and not a bad one at that. Possibly only waiting for a manager to be appointed first (FFS get it done!). We will then have 2 short and quick midfielders in Kante and Seri, surely the third one needs to be a strong powerhouse then (do we trust Bakayoko with this? Or RLC?)... Can't shake the feeling that we still need another midfielder.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You