Jean Seri

the wes

Confirmed 40m Euro release clause before July 15th for Seri. Agent said its about where he feels most welcomed. Would be a wonderful signing especially for that price in this market. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/5/24/17389224/seri-agent-confirms-40m-release-clause-plays-up-napoli-plays-down-chelsea-rumors

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't think we can get Jorginho even if Sarri comes.

People forget how annoying is to deal with de Laurentiis, it will probably drag on forever and we'll end empty handed or with a panic buy.

I just don't want chelsea to miss a opportunity to sign a great player with attributes that we are terrible lacking

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

I would be fine with both Seri and Jorginho, but in the former case I am a bit sceptical because he is jsut as short as Kante not that it matters much in most games as neither are the type to get bullied but in games that get dirty with a lot of lose and high balls, the two might face problems getting the 2nd balls. Would be nice in a 3 man midfield with Barkley or RLC. If we could get a more complete player, who is the full package like Milinkovic Saivc it would be better ofc but Seri is definitely a realistic quality option so a yes from me, absolute bargain for 40m

Arsenal remain interested in Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri following the appointment of new head coach Unai Emery, according to Sky sources.

Seri has an agreement with his club allowing him to leave if an offer comes in of £35m or above.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Arsenal remain interested in Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri following the appointment of new head coach Unai Emery, according to Sky sources.

Seri has an agreement with his club allowing him to leave if an offer comes in of £35m or above.

I imagine there will be a few of us interested parties after him. We should have had the cash in a suitcase for him a minute after the transfer bell rang! It woyld show him just how much he would be wanted/needed and I would think as a player it woyld be important.

I have only been thinking abut Seri.Jorginho and Savic as they seem to fit exactly in some way what we need. But I'd take Tolisso,Vidal,Radja (yeah I know both Vidal & Radja have said no)

Is there amy otheres that would fit the bill who woulld be a starter over our options of Barkley & RLC) as I see this as our priority upgrade.

Don't think we can get Jorginho even if Sarri comes.

People forget how annoying is to deal with de Laurentiis, it will probably drag on forever and we'll end empty handed or with a panic buy.

I just don't want chelsea to miss a opportunity to sign a great player with attributes that we are terrible lacking

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Luiz going the other way could open a few doors for us.

40 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I imagine there will be a few of us interested parties after him. We should have had the cash in a suitcase for him a minute after the transfer bell rang! It woyld show him just how much he would be wanted/needed and I would think as a player it woyld be important.

I have only been thinking abut Seri.Jorginho and Savic as they seem to fit exactly in some way what we need. But I'd take Tolisso,Vidal,Radja (yeah I know both Vidal & Radja have said no)

Is there amy otheres that would fit the bill who woulld be a starter over our options of Barkley & RLC) as I see this as our priority upgrade.

I read that sarri likes to rotation his central midfielders if that's the case we need six midfielders to pick from my six midfielders would be RLC Barkley Kante a new CM Van Ginkel it will probably be between drinkwater or Baka for next season I think one will be sold or loan out next season and i think fabregas is goner aswell 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I read that sarri likes to rotation his central midfielders if that's the case we need six midfielders to pick from my six midfielders would be RLC Barkley Kante a new CM Van Ginkel it will probably be between drinkwater or Baka for next season I think one will be sold or loan out next season and i think fabregas is goner aswell 

Mate I dearly hope we find  a TOP B2B. I dont mind us keeping Barkley/RLC on for depth if good enough but I see Baks in CM 3. Sarri might sharpen him up some but who knows what the summer will bring. See how RLC handles the WC eh.

I just think that we need to at least show we have the commitment and intention to compete. Van Grinkel?? Shirley knot! Hes not the fastest going forward which seems important in a Sarri CM and I dont see his knees lasting long in the PL with 5 operations on them in last 4 years.

Alot of new links saying we are definitely going for him no matter who the manager is!

Example

Chelsea look closer than ever to first summer signing, no matter who their manager is

http://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/05/chelsea-look-closer-ever-first-summer-signing-no-matter-manager/

Having Seri and Kante resolves 2/3 of midfield problems, that third one needs to be good as well. Since we already have Fabregas, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, RLC, then I doubt we'll be signing anybody else in midfield. More likely we get rid of Drinkwater and leave it at that, possibly loan out RLC again although he is probably ready to take on a bigger role in the team.

Kante, Seri, Fabregas, Barkley, RLC, Bakayoko... decent options.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Having Seri and Kante resolves 2/3 of midfield problems, that third one needs to be good as well. Since we already have Fabregas, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, RLC, then I doubt we'll be signing anybody else in midfield. More likely we get rid of Drinkwater and leave it at that, possibly loan out RLC again although he is probably ready to take on a bigger role in the team.

Kante, Seri, Fabregas, Barkley, RLC, Bakayoko... decent options.

I still think if Jorginho is available we will go strong for him, even if we bring in Seri. I think Seri can play that attacking midfield role really well while having Jorginho holding and Kante literally everywhere else. RLC/Barkley can play that Seri role as well. Baka will be Kante backup. If we keep Cesc he obviously fits the pass master role, I also think Ampadu could be a really great option in the Jorginho role with a bit more crunch to him, could be a Sarri project.

Jorginho

Kante                Seri

Personally would rather Jorginho but i wont complain about Seri, both extremely good at dictating the tempo of a game. My only worry is that both Kante and Seri are pretty diminutive in size, i can see certain managers trying to exploit that by playing longer balls. But tbf i'm just happy we're being linked with technical, quality players instead of workhorses. 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:01 AM, ulvhedin said:

Is someone who watches regularly french league can confirm is he really so good?

He was fantastic last season, this season he has been quite meh especially since January. All in all i think he could be a good rotational midfielder, but anyone expecting him to be a elite player will be quite disappointed. 

Jorginho is miles better than him, especially from a defensive standpoint. 

10 hours ago, Clockwork said:

He was fantastic last season, this season he has been quite meh especially since January. All in all i think he could be a good rotational midfielder, but anyone expecting him to be a elite player will be quite disappointed. 

Jorginho is miles better than him, especially from a defensive standpoint. 

Would we do better with Savic? Tho I wouln't turn my nose up at either of those 2 others of course!

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Would we do better with Savic? Tho I wouln't turn my nose up at either of those 2 others of course!

I have hardly seen Savic play, but from the match compilations i have seen, he is more in the mold Hamsik and Ziellnski. More of an advanced CM, contributes more in the final third than in the buildup. 

The issue i see with Seri, he is such Arsenal type signing or should i say more recent Chelsea signing. Could be a good player but won't be elite. doesn't have the creativity or vision to reach that level. 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I have hardly seen Savic play, but from the match compilations i have seen, he is more in the mold Hamsik and Ziellnski. More of an advanced CM, contributes more in the final third than in the buildup. 

The issue i see with Seri, he is such Arsenal type signing or should i say more recent Chelsea signing. Could be a good player but won't be elite. doesn't have the creativity or vision to reach that level. 

Whilst I think Seri is an upgrade on what we have, I would much rather the club makes the decision to stick an extra £10-15m on the fee earmarked for Seri and get someone like Jorginho who I believe is (1) the next level up and (2) more suited to Sarri.

Savic is way out of our price range currently and whilst he looks a good player he still has a lot to prove in my opinion to justify a price tag like £80-100m. For me such a price would be for someone more proven at the highest level (like an Isco for example)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You