• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mccg said:

This is good!

Chelsea (and Arsenal) may have had bids rejected for Nice midfielder Jean Michaël Seri recently, but according to a few other reports in the last 24 hours, the 26-year-old is in “advanced talks” with Chelsea as he’s been “personally chosen” by Roman Abramovich

Should say Roman is such a free man to personally chose a player ... Hope he does the same with a manager too!!!!

If we sign this lad then playing 3 in midfield may be necessary against more powerful, big sides like United and Spuds. Playing with two tiny midfielders like Seri & Kante against the likes of Matic/Pogba/Fred & Dembele/Dier/Wanyama and we'd get bullied around the pitch.

So hopefully RLC is integrated into the side seamlessly or Bakayoko improves massively.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we sign this lad then playing 3 in midfield may be necessary against more powerful, big sides like United and Spuds. Playing with two tiny midfielders like Seri & Kante against the likes of Matic/Pogba/Fred & Dembele/Dier/Wanyama and we'd get bullied around the pitch.

So hopefully RLC is integrated into the side seamlessly or Bakayoko improves massively.

can see us going with 4 at the back , and having more flexibility in midfield depending on other teams and position in certain matches next season 

38 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

A midfield of Kante - Seri - Barkley/RLC/Bakayoko. Athletic as fuck and no end produkt..... so business as usual

If Kante is no end product, i'm scared of what that would look like :D

I am actually glad we are going for players despite no clear situation with the coach. We don't give a fuck much what coach thinks about players we have anyway, let's face it.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Kante is powerful. He's short but doesn't get bullied.

7 hours ago, manpe said:

Looks like he's going to be our first signing, and not a bad one at that. Possibly only waiting for a manager to be appointed first (FFS get it done!). We will then have 2 short and quick midfielders in Kante and Seri, surely the third one needs to be a strong powerhouse then (do we trust Bakayoko with this? Or RLC?)... Can't shake the feeling that we still need another midfielder.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

On paper City's midfield is weak and would get bullied, arguably the greatest team off all time had only two tall players in it and neither of them are particularly powerful. If we played a midfield 3 of Kante, Seri and Mount say vs United Matic and Fred will be tripping over their own shadows.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

I am actually glad we are going for players despite no clear situation with the coach. We don't give a fuck much what coach thinks about players we have anyway, let's face it.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Very few clubs run with a manager having the final say, one that does is United and look what's happened there.

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Very few clubs run with a manager having the final say

This is true but most successful clubs also have a director of football. Atletico, City, Bayern, Juventus and others. If we had a Director of Football with a proven record I don't think people would criticize the board this much for not giving the managers more power in transfers.

Just because someone is tall doesn't mean he is suddenly going to impose himself and physically dominate others in the midfield area. 

I would far rather my players be technically better and faster and fitter to get around the pitch than being big and strong. 

I never used to see anyone dominate Makelele or Essien in the midfield and I sure don't see anybody dominating Kante. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in heart, desire, speed and ability (is their a better ball winner in the world?)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You