test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

313 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah that will be what the best thing about it is, we will be able to carry on reaping the rewards long after the collective breakout season which is something Ajax and Monaco couldn't do (both of which were on a trajectory which would have seen them become the world's best side but the economic and competitive situation's at both clubs meant the cream of the crop were always going to be picked off).

But playing in a weaker league allow them to keep their model for long time. Imagine doing the same thing in epl, you can easily get relegated. 

For me I like having our youth going on loan and get back when they are ready like what Otherwise, they can get stuck on the bench and never develop properly

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

But playing in a weaker league allow them to keep their model for long time. Imagine doing the same thing in epl, you can easily get relegated. 

For me I like having our youth going on loan and get back when they are ready like what Otherwise, they can get stuck on the bench and never develop properly

The Ajax and Monaco teams i was talking about would have comfortably made top 4 in the prem.

I'm not saying we should play an U21 team (and neither did those teams in question, Ajax especially had a lot of experience to balance it out) however with City over the hill for atleast two more years and prices going through the roof, there's never been a better time to build up this new generation.

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is a double edged sword. Players might not develop as good out on loan as at the club or might never want to come back. 

Dortmund also play for the German championship with green youngsters. Sure it is the league but would we be so much worse off having played CHO for Willian and Mount for Kovacic/Barkley last season . I doubt it

Still it is striking that almost all world class clubs I know have a better record of flooding in youth from their academy than us. It is not even that I believe our youngsters deserve so much more rather that we prefer to spend on average players to make up squad numbers than give them to you haters. Some will not be satisfied with that but some will. Signing and playing the bakayokos, drinkwater, Williams, alonsos of this world over youth players that really identify with the club is the problem imo

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The Ajax and Monaco teams i was talking about would have comfortably made top 4 in the prem.

I'm not saying we should play an U21 team (and neither did those teams in question, Ajax especially had a lot of experience to balance it out) however with City over the hill for atleast two more years and prices going through the roof, there's never been a better time to build up this new generation.

Don't get me wrong they are fantastic but in epl where the league is very competitive (a relegated side can even sign player like schurlle) , it is very hard to so. Like you said if they turn out to be fantastic you will reap all the benefit if not this is where it differ big time. With Ajax, they probably will still stay at top of the league. In epl you can easily drop to 10+ and even close to relegation. 

For me, I always like academy and youth product for rotation player. If they turn out to be fantastic then it is even better. 

The problem is with player like Ampadu. Last year he was our 4th Cb. Which mean he won't play enough games. I much rather him go for loan to get playing time. 

30 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is a double edged sword. Players might not develop as good out on loan as at the club or might never want to come back. 

Dortmund also play for the German championship with green youngsters. Sure it is the league but would we be so much worse off having played CHO for Willian and Mount for Kovacic/Barkley last season . I doubt it

Still it is striking that almost all world class clubs I know have a better record of flooding in youth from their academy than us. It is not even that I believe our youngsters deserve so much more rather that we prefer to spend on average players to make up squad numbers than give them to you haters. Some will not be satisfied with that but some will. Signing and playing the bakayokos, drinkwater, Williams, alonsos of this world over youth players that really identify with the club is the problem imo

I don't follow Dortmund enough to know about their youngster but yes they are really good at producing and developing youngster. But I don't know whether they develop them from academy or sign upcoming from Bundesliga. 

Don't get me started on CHO. I have spent a whole year explaining why as much as I think CHO is super talented. If one of your winger is Hazard and the other side need to be good defensively. And as CHO has shown in the later part of the season when he was a starter, his output is not better than Willian. 

Nope signing Willian and Bakayoko make sense. They are signed to be starting 11. The same with Alonso, do we have any bright youngster at left back? 

The problem is player like Zappacosta and drinkwater. This is where you definitely need to use your arcademy if you have any that is ready. 

Frank is starting to put the pieces together.

"Mason's part of the first-team squad this year and it's time for him. His qualities will improve even more with the qualities around him."

"Everyone knows the hopes I have for Mason and he showed today a glimmer early in pre-season of what we might see this year and going forward."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-plans-mason-mount-confirmed-18366345.amp

Stats likes this

Found this interesting.

The year before Alli went to Spurs he scored 16 goals in 44 games playing in League One, Mason last year scored 11 in 44 playing a division higher. 

If Mount can have a similar impact to Alli's first season at sh*te Hart Lane (10 goals, 9 assists in the league and a further 2 assist's in Europe) that will come in very handy.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Found this interesting.

The year before Alli went to Spurs he scored 16 goals in 44 games playing in League One, Mason last year scored 11 in 44 playing a division higher. 

If Mount can have a similar impact to Alli's first season at sh*te Hart Lane (10 goals, 9 assists in the league and a further 2 assist's in Europe) that will come in very handy.

I just wonder where in the pecking order he is. That 3rd midfield spot is our most packed and competitive position. Kante and Jorginho have to start in my eyes so that's Mount, Barkley, Kova, and RLC for one slot.

Good problem to have, though. This is the best/most midfield depth we've had in ages. Just might be difficult to keep them all happy. 

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Found this interesting.

They are very different players tho. Mount is someone who roams in midfield and develops his attacking actions from late runs in the centre. Alli is more of a classic attacking midfielder who operates in the channels and makes early runs for crosses and diagonals to provide an aerial threat. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just wonder where in the pecking order he is. That 3rd midfield spot is our most packed and competitive position. Kante and Jorginho have to start in my eyes so that's Mount, Barkley, Kova, and RLC for one slot.

Good problem to have, though. This is the best/most midfield depth we've had in ages. Just might be difficult to keep them all happy. 

Kovacic definitely is not fighting for number 10, he's a rotation option to Kante and Jorginho I'd put my house on that.

Ruben won't be playing again till new year by all accounts so for the first half of the season it's Mount Vs Barkley and I think Mason will win out as his high pressing game is much superior to Barkley. Although that said Ross has very much responded to Mason's return with some strong performances in pre season so hopefully they push eachother.

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

They are very different players tho. Mount is someone who roams in midfield and develops his attacking actions from late runs in the centre. Alli is more of a classic attacking midfielder who operates in the channels and makes early runs for crosses and diagonals to provide an aerial threat. 

I'm not saying they are the same player but I am hoping Mount has a similar trajectory in his career after arriving in the PL. 

Pizy likes this

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Found this interesting.

Interesting stats but Tammy Abraham scored more goals than Harry Kane in the championship the question is can mount do the same in the PL time will tell finger crossed he can do it 

Vesper likes this