test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

19. Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

577 posts in this topic
39 minutes ago, Panic said:

But it's not. Lampard's job is to play the best team possible for any given match. Who plays will be influenced by a variety of factors, but it's pretty safe to assume that individual skill plays a huge role in Lampard's decision making. In the case of Mount, it appears that Lampard believes that Mount is the best player available. The result? Mount plays. Now let's consider the case of Pedro or Pulisic replacing an injured Mount. If Lampard believes that Pulsic and Pedro are equal in ability, he has to use another factor to make his decision. In this scenario, it was experience.

Not true. Match management involves the whole season, hence why there is rotation. Games are not equal nor are player form and fitness over a long season.

They may think pulisic needs time to settle to the tempo of the pl or perhaps even improve physically, who knows?

franks message is the odd part, given pulisic has plenty of CL experience and would have been comfortable with Valencia slow tempo.

i guess is just another case of frank also learning on the job.

53 minutes ago, Panic said:

But it's not. Lampard's job is to play the best team possible for any given match. Who plays will be influenced by a variety of factors, but it's pretty safe to assume that individual skill plays a huge role in Lampard's decision making. In the case of Mount, it appears that Lampard believes that Mount is the best player available. The result? Mount plays. Now let's consider the case of Pedro or Pulisic replacing an injured Mount. If Lampard believes that Pulsic and Pedro are equal in ability, he has to use another factor to make his decision. In this scenario, it was experience.

So all that trusting the young players talk only applies to Mount, Abraham and Tomori then?

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

Not true. Match management involves the whole season, hence why there is rotation. Games are not equal nor are player form and fitness over a long season.

This is why I said best team possible. Factors such as form and and managing match fitness are somewhat implied. This was to keep the post brief.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

So all that trusting the young players talk only applies to Mount, Abraham and Tomori then?

Would you say that he doesn't trust Pedro had he gone with Pulisic instead? We can't come to that conclusion based on the single statement he made. His statement only implies that Pedro's massive experience in the CL gave him the edge. We cannot say Lampard didn't trust Pulisic to put in a satisfactory performance. 

3 hours ago, Panic said:

This is why I said best team possible. Factors such as form and and managing match fitness are somewhat implied. This was to keep the post brief.

Fair enough, but even then that's not exactly it. He may choose to give minutes to a youngster who's still far inferior to the senior counterpart. So, it's more like a number of goals that the manager is evaluated on and reckon the weight of these goals also varies depending on the club ambition. Reckon, as said before here, that the club fully understands the situation we are in, therefore, Frank's goals might be more about long-term than usual.

We need him but I hope we dont rush him back.

If nothing is serious, he will be fully fit in 2 weeks, but if he plays vs pool, he can pick injury that could keep him out for months.

I think so far clearly mount has produced. The question is what happen when CHO is back n firing.

He is clearly lamp favorite so I don't see lamp dropping him. So will Lamp force CHO on the right or will he play CHO left and Mount in the middle? Which mean this will infuriate everyone, I can see Willian will be a guarantee starter for most games. 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Very impressed by his ability to look for options and move the ball quickly, helping our speed of play. A stark contrast to some others in the XI. 

Yes, looking at you Ross.

Vytis33 and OneMoSalah like this

1 hour ago, Simon1991 said:

Yes, looking at you Ross.

He's so bad. He often takes the easy option with his passes, runs with his head down all the time and has no awareness of the situation around him. Ran blindly into traffic so many times yesterday!

Simon1991 likes this

Trust me you don't have to convince me :D.

I can't see him near the starting eleven if RLC grows back to his pre-injury level tbh.

Johnnyeye likes this

He's so bad. He often takes the easy option with his passes, runs with his head down all the time and has no awareness of the situation around him. Ran blindly into traffic so many times yesterday!
It's weird watching him play for England and then, return to us.

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:
On 29/09/2019 at 9:55 PM, Jason said:

It's weird watching him play for England and then, return to us.

Slower paced football, suits Ross's tendencys to take an age to decide what to do.

If he's brave enough to move abroad I think he could be a big hit in Serie A.

Vesper likes this

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Slower paced football, suits Ross's tendencys to take an age to decide what to do.

If he's brave enough to move abroad I think he could be a big hit in Serie A.

Just keep him off the grappa.

giphy.gif

Tomo likes this

I want to see an atack with 

Tammy

Pulisic mount  Cho... This is our future 

Jorghinio Kante