• Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Craig Pawson

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mana said:

It's not just another friendly loss. It was against Arsenal. Not to mention how poorly we played this pre-season. We have a bad transfer window so far (signing an injured player in the process and selling our required depth), the Costa saga, the deja vu feeling of that "Mourinho" season...

It's funny. If we have a good pre-season, people would say it's only pre-season and don't read too much into it. If we have a bad one, people suddenly panic and start to react like it's the end of the world. Yes, we haven't had a good pre-season for various reasons but it's not necessarily an indication of what will happen, is it? We had a perfect pre-season under AVB but went on to be rubbish under him (before the unthinkable happened). And I would rather wait till after Aug 31 before judging our transfer window. It's silly to overreact when there's still 3 more weeks and especially if we ended up signing players before the transfer window closes.

If Bats starts this will be another complete confident dent to Morata, it's already smacking of the Torres situation....every kick, every header, every touch, every miss and every time his name is mentioned is under the microscope.

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If Bats starts this will be another complete confident dent to Morata, it's already smacking of the Torres situation....every kick, every header, every touch, every miss and every time his name is mentioned is under the microscope.

Find it hard to believe his confidence is shot already. His PK miss today wouldn't have helped, but he's joined a new team. I didn't expect him to be thrown into the first XI especially with Michy's performance in preseason.

However, I think he should be starting against Burnley after Michy's abysmal showing today.

Seems like whole forum expects us to loose all 38 games and get relegated because we lost to arsenal on penalties in friendly game where we played 10v11 in last 20 mins. Yes our squad dept is a HUGE issue,but we were missing Hazard and Bakayoko who both will improve our team.

Honestly this game will be an easy stomp especially if Kante can control the midfield. Hope to see 3-5-2 to keep Morata's confidence and give Michy his deserved play time.

Was really excited at end of last season cause I expected us to be ready to actually challenge for CL this year too. I actually thought the board learned from the Mourinho year. Guess not. We're coming into this season with a team worse than last year.