test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

349 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

We didn't lose 3 trophies within 3 months. Just two. But apart from that, you're correct (and that makes me angry).

I meant 3 trophies lost in the last 3 matches with Arsenal at Wembley. 3 in a row.

Im just curious whats the point of having bigger squad and Conte complaining if even in a fecking friendly where you can make 6 subs, Conte makes his 1st in 70th minute?!?

Yes our bench isnt world class, but ffs we could easily play Morata, Musonda, Boga and Rudiger earlier in game like this. 

About the result itself, not sure what we have learned tho, the squad didnt improve since first friendly, our new signings are not getting regular playtime, our young players dont get proper chance to impress. We went with literaly our best 11 available today and their attitude was still like they are on holidays. 

Much much space for improvement.

zekinjo likes this

All aboard the meltdown train as I see...

Situation is a bit worrying, not fully in my eyes yet. 

If we don't get 5 points from our first three league fixtures I'm joining you guys, let's just wait and see how we perform. 

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We are so average without Hazard. 

We don't really have that 2nd special player who can take over a game or produce a moment of magic. City for example have many.

The chasm between our best player and next best is enormous.

Not bothered about the shoot out more about that lack of depth in our team that is so clearly obvious. At no point were we in a real position to change the game through a player or tactics. We just  don't have the personnel to change a game without Hazard. Don't have enough options. It's the board we should be screaming at not the players. They should be helping Conte build a credible team not dismantle it.

communicate likes this

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We don't really have that 2nd special player who can take over a game or produce a moment of magic. City for example have many.

The chasm between our best player and next best is enormous.

Who would even be our second best player?

Pedro?

That breaks my heart.

9 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Losing to Arsenal at Wembley three times in a row, twice within 3 months losing three trophies to them. That is so wrong. So wrong. And we are doing nothing to change that.

Poor attitude.

9 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

BTW 7th supercup loss in a row. Why we even participate in them?

7?! maybe 4...

The Squad is too thin..we do not have back ups for wingbacks....How can we go into season like this with 4 competitions? We sold too many players without replacements..We badly need a CM and Cesc cannot play in a 2 man midfield

Zolan025 likes this

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Who would even be our second best player?

Pedro?

That breaks my heart.

At this point, probably. Hopefully Morata can become that.

Sir Mikel OBE likes this

1 minute ago, xPetrCechx said:

Poor attitude.

???

Poor attitude? That is a FACT, not "poor attitude".

Wow the amount of complaints about penalties. Forget penalties, it is a tossed up. Plus it is community shield. 

More importantly, second half we look better. Hard to tell whether it is because of the goals or conte did something different. 

Musonda also look lively, he need to play more. If Pedro cannot play, he need to play against Burnley. 

Morata looked OK, he is not  physically and I think it was his fault we concede the goal.

We also need players for wb positions, we have 0 backups. 

Just now, Mana said:

???

Poor attitude? That is a FACT, not "poor attitude".

"And we are doing nothing to change that" - cos our shit attitude.

1 minute ago, Adnane said:

All aboard the meltdown train as I see...

Situation is a bit worrying, not fully in my eyes yet. 

If we don't get 5 points from our first three league fixtures I'm joining you guys, let's just wait and see how we perform. 

This is a repeat of 2 years ago. The board didn't back JM  with the signings he wanted and we suffered. Funny no one from the board lost their job. Same scenario all over again. We have had 2 months to get the 8 players we needed but have f**ked around getting deals done. What I don't understand is how we could buy an injured player and sell a perfectly fit one. Not being funny but that  game would have suited Matic. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Why was it odd?

You let the people confident take the penalties. When you have somebody who isnt, it comes off like Morata's, who clearly didnt want to take it but probably felt obligated to as a striker.

That's what I mean. Not many leaders in our established lineup among the ones who are supposedly good at set pieces/penalties. Cesc, Willian, Alonso, Luiz... at least one of them should have stepped up.

The mood can change quickly if we go out and bring in a few this week leading up to the opener.

As of right this moment we've had an awful preseason, awful transfer window, and have a squad that will struggle mightily with just one or two more key injuries. Conte will be furious right now.

TheIceMan and bluephoenix like this

Just now, xPetrCechx said:

"And we are doing nothing to change that" - cos our shit attitude.

I don't understand. Are you saying because of our "shit attitude", we can't beat Arsenal in finals? It's not the board's fault or the players' fault or Conte's fault...it's mainly the fans fault?

3 minutes ago, different level said:

That's what I mean. Not many leaders in our established lineup among the ones who are supposedly good at set pieces/penalties. Cesc, Willian, Alonso, Luiz... at least one of them should have stepped up.

Willian had been taken off for Musonda in the 87th minute.