Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

On 23/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, The Skipper said:

Always did say he isn’t clinical enough, it’s one thing Lukaku is better at - but he can improve. He needs to do extra finishing work at training, especially finishing after relatively long (or bursts of) dribbles. 

He gets himself into excellent positions. Better off the ball movement than I thought. 

Next time Fabregas should aim at his head, there is no use of feeding him with balls like this.

Goalkeeper actually spread his legs wide open, but Alvaro wasn't even looking at the keeper, he was just watching the ball and got keeper in his leg.

Still hope that he can make it as a top striker, but that hope is really thin now.

As many chances as he'll miss, and as many chances as Lukaku will score, 10 times out of 10 I'll still take Morata with a spoonful of sweetness - which says everything about Lukaku. He may help you get goals, but my god, even if he's missing chances it's far more palatable to watch Morata for 90 minutes. 

90 minutes being part of the problem - too many times has he played the full 90 this season. That's simply another blunder by the board - this need for a clear striker hierarchy. If we were to accept two number 1 strikers, I imagine our fortune would change. I don't think someone like Morata would throw a hissy fit at playing 65% of our games, maybe even some percentage more if partnered with that other striker. That other striker, while i call him a number 1, would be content with being on the bench considering Chelsea's stature, but leave us with no doubt regarding his ability like Michy does, or even Llorente would. 

It's no good that without Morata our strike force goes from B+ to C-. Similarly it's no good that without Hazard, his role in the team drops from A+ to C+. What's wrong with genuinely great back-up options? Why are we addicted to ensuring our back-up options are barely fit to sit on the benches of teams below us? :lol:(I'll need to use this emoji a lot more often to cope) :lol:

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

10 goals this season and superb all round play. He's allowed to miss from time to time. He's not a cyborg. More importantly he's clearly better than Lukaku and Costa. His all round play is so much better and pleasing to the eye and he's just the most talented of those three. In this game he created a shot from himself from literally nothing that almost went in.

Our best players are allowed leeway from time to time. 

I think we all know this. It's just, he never really proved himself. If he had scored some good number of goals with his feet, no one would mention his tonight's miss. It's just game after game, him missing sitters.

To add to those, yeah, I don't think it's beneficial or deserved to get on Morata's back. He gets us a goal every 2-3 games, and in a manner which is more attractive than Lukaku/Costa/etc. Then again, it's totally acceptable to expect a striker to strike goals with his feet.

His goals may sometimes not come, but at least because of him, Hazard looks twice as likely to score this season. He's more than just a striker, so when the goals don't come, there's still plenty left to compliment.

So, good movement. Good determination. Good mentality. Good link up play. None of which we've had in our past few strikers. Closest to Drogba we've had actually, though I doubt we'll see a goal like Drogba's vs Milan :lol:

1 minute ago, El P. said:

I think we all know this. It's just, he never really proved himself. If he had scored some good number of goals with his feet, no one would mention his tonight's miss. It's just game after game, him missing sitters.

Honest question. What do you expect his conversation rate to realistically look like? Stikers miss and convert chances all the time. Maybe I might change my opinion later in the season but I'm yet to see a pattern. 

9 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Honest question. What do you expect his conversation rate to realistically look like? Stikers miss and convert chances all the time. Maybe I might change my opinion later in the season but I'm yet to see a pattern. 

It's not about conversation rate, that number is ok. But you can't expect every single game him to get good cross so he can score a header, you know.

All attacks are built mostly in hope for one thing - every action, almost every move from Fabregas and Hazard - to give your number 9 good ball so he could score, that's the plan A. And I don't mean cross from the wing, but that can be useful sometimes too, yes. But not as a main source of our scoring. Our plan A sucks, and because of that we must always look for alternatives, which is not good.

I don't expect him to be next Shevchenko, or I don't know. I just want that part of his game to be a little better, it must be.

13 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's not about conversation rate, that number is ok. But you can't expect every single game him to get good cross so he can score a header, you know.

All attacks are built mostly in hope for one thing - every action, almost every move from Fabregas and Hazard - to give your number 9 good ball so he could score, that's the plan A. And I don't mean cross from the wing, but that can be useful sometimes too, yes. But not as a main source of our scoring. Our plan A sucks, and because of that we must always look for alternatives, which is not good.

I don't expect him to be next Shevchenko, or I don't know. I just want that part of his game to be a little better, it must be.

Our plan A is solid, entertaining and efficient, only the finishing sucks. Actually I don't know if you can call it efficient if you lack the most important ingredient, but everything before the finish is better than anything we've seen in the last I don't know how many years.

Our plan A is solid, entertaining and efficient, only the finishing sucks. Actually I don't know if you can call it efficient if you lack the most important ingredient, but everything before the finish is better than anything we've seen in the last I don't know how many years.

Yeah, I meant that - it is good, but because of bad finishing it sucks and is inefficient.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Next time Fabregas should aim at his head, there is no use of feeding him with balls like this.

Goalkeeper actually spread his legs wide open, but Alvaro wasn't even looking at the keeper, he was just watching the ball and got keeper in his leg.

Still hope that he can make it as a top striker, but that hope is really thin now.

Jesus. Don’t say this shite has begun? One miss? Was bound to happen eventually but yeah... 

For that chance Oblak made a good save, sure we would of all done something differently in that position based or whatever because we all seen it live on the tele and thought he should of scored but thats life. The keeper was really quick to come out to him which means Morata has to make up his mind and Oblak made himself really big, which I thought was good goalkeeping. He would probably score that 9/10 times I imagine. Oblak is a top keeper, fair enough people would back somebody to score from that position but I don’t think it was that bad, he’s hit the target and it’s definitely going in if the keeper doesn’t save it. Hardly a crisis. You’d think he was Demba Ba with that last comment about thinking he won’t make it as a top striker.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

10 goals this season and superb all round play. He's allowed to miss from time to time. He's not a cyborg. More importantly he's clearly better than Lukaku and Costa. His all round play is so much better and pleasing to the eye and he's just the most talented of those three. In this game he created a shot from himself from literally nothing that almost went in.

Our best players are allowed leeway from time to time. 

Of course - nothing wrong with wanting him to improve though. Don’t see much cynicism going on in here apart from one person.