Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

8 hours ago, Special said:

Great goalkeeping?! Hazard was behind him and he could easily pass to him. Hazard got mad at him after what he did. And there was another scene in that match that he ruined the opportunity and Luiz shouted at him.

Hazard isn’t in the 2nd gif. The one that Hazard was in is the one I said was bad. 

His finishing is something he needs to work on. I’ve said this before. Including his balance/athleticism. I’ve said before if he works on these two things, and masters them, he’d be an elite striker. 

I also said that I won’t be judging/concluding my thoughts on him this season because I knew it’d take him awhile to understand and adapt to the game in England. He’s done better than I expected overall so far. 

20 hours ago, Beigl said:

People can post gifs of Moratas misses all day long- I still prefer him to Lukaku, who is having another absolute shocker against City right now..

I can tell which is worse out of the two right now.

3 hours ago, yuvala said:

I think Morata is a good striker. He'll just never be one of the best in the world, IMO.

We need to accept this.. some things we can expect from him, others we can't.

Quite scary how football fans these days like to pass judgment after only first few months at a new club.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Quite scary how football fans these days like to pass judgment after only first few months at a new club.

Almost as frustrating as Roman sacking managers after not winning the league. Maybe that's where this kind of mentality stems from. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Hazard isn’t in the 2nd gif. The one that Hazard was in is the one I said was bad. 

His finishing is something he needs to work on. I’ve said this before. Including his balance/athleticism. I’ve said before if he works on these two things, and masters them, he’d be an elite striker. 

I also said that I won’t be judging/concluding my thoughts on him this season because I knew it’d take him awhile to understand and adapt to the game in England. He’s done better than I expected overall so far. 

Save it, Tom. Can't help it when some are only hell-bent on pin-pointing the bad things and completely disregarding the good ones.

The most frustrating thing is that he can stay on his feet when he want, he bullied Stoke and WBA defenders. He's not really weak phisically, but it's in his mentality - to fall almost from a every contact. But that's why I also believe he will cut it eventually. Bigger concern for me is his finishing abilities with legs. He scored with his legs only in 2 out of 20 games and one of those goal was a shot to an empty net from close range. Still, it's a new league and circumstances for him, so even if he's been frustrating so far he deserves much more time to prove himself.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well honesly I see nothing wrong with passing judgment..

Also, clearly I didn't say anything stupid like "He's a shit striker we have to sell him ASAP!!" .. I was just stating my opinion on him from what I've seen so far. I like him, I think he's a good striker. I also think he's got limitations and a lot of areas to improve on. Personally, I do not see him ever becoming one of the top strikers in europe.

5 hours ago, Special said:

Is he now?

eyg3_am4.gif

sgbl_eh.jpg

But "great goalkeeping" didn't allow him to pass to Hazard:doh:

Isn't this getting a little desperate? Okay, Morata fluffed his lines there but any player in that situation would have tried to go for himself there, especially when the backups were so far behind in play. If Morata had passed back to Hazard (or whoever that is), you would probably be sitting here and complaining about he ruined our attack by passing it backwards.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Nearly all of the managers he has sacked ?? 

So Scolari, AVB, Carlo and José were sacked because they weren't winning the league and nothing else? Nothing to do with rubbish performances and next to no positive evolution of the squad?

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

So Scolari, AVB, Carlo and José were sacked because they weren't winning the league and nothing else? Nothing to do with rubbish performances and next to no positive evolution of the squad?

Look, I'm not saying that is the only reason for them being sacked but the fact that they didn't win the league definitely has a huge part to play in why they were sacked. Don't act as if the evolution of the squad matters to the heirachy of this club. If that was the case they wouldn't have let the players that they did go.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

If Morata had passed back to Hazard (or whoever that is), you would probably be sitting here and complaining about he ruined our attack by passing it backwards.

No I wouldn’t.

And yes, that’s Hazard. Don’t you guys watch Chelsea matches?! 

You need to watch the whole game. Highlights and goals can’t help you judge a player.

14 hours ago, DDA said:

Look, I'm not saying that is the only reason for them being sacked but the fact that they didn't win the league definitely has a huge part to play in why they were sacked. Don't act as if the evolution of the squad matters to the heirachy of this club. If that was the case they wouldn't have let the players that they did go.

Fair enough, different perspective's i guess, i just don't feel any of his sackings were done without serious good reason, even Jose the first time looks correct in hindsight.