test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

254 posts in this topic

Hazard has been targeted a lot in the last games. Soma tackles even made him stay on the ground for a longer period of time and you could see it was hurting him so much. He definitely needs a bit of a rest.

kmk108, Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

Willian will be up for it. Maybe with Hazard out Conte will have us high pressing more since Willian is more capable doing it than Eden. Willian and Pedro should mean we'll be lightning on the break.

Just hope Hazard is back for the weekend.

Well if we have to rely on any single player to win a game then we are doing summet wrong.

I'd rest Diego too and play Bats.

I'd be happy with this set up.

Willian - Bats - Pedro

Alonso-Chalobah - N'Golo - Moses

Happy - Luiz - Dave

Leif likes this

Willian is much better player on LW because he is right footed :) Don't push Hazard, give him a much needed rest ;)

Or maybe 352 with Fabregas and Bats :) whatever Conte decides to do will be perfect ;)

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

With hazard out, fabregas has to start to offer much needed creativity. If we can't have hazard to dribble through tight spaces to create chances, then we need the vision of Fabregas to spot runs from Pedro and Costa. 

We also need to be sharper in our one touch passing, quick passes so that we outnumber sunderland in attacking areas. The way we were so slow in passing against westbrom was bad and without hazard we may not get away with a win if we don't get back to our quick passing.  

Agreed fabregas starts for me. No hazard certainly hurts but this is bottom of the table sunderland. They have injuries and a short week as well. Anything less than 3 points and ill be massively disappointed. 2-0 or 3-0 should be the score line. 2-0 if we dont score until the second half, 3-0 if we bang one in the first 45 minutes.

Johnnyeye, Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

We haven't beaten Sunderland at home in 3 years yet people think this is a straightforward game against a team fighting for their lives under the floodlights without our best player.

We genuinely haven't played well for 90 minutes in over a month, some of you might want to curb your expectations. They've won their last two games since Anichebe was inserted in the team & have one of the deadliest strikers in Defoe who destroyed us last season.

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

We haven't beaten Sunderland at home in 3 years yet people think this is a straightforward game against a team fighting for their lives under the floodlights without our best player.

We genuinely haven't played well for 90 minutes in over a month, some of you might want to curb your expectations. They've won their last two games since Anichebe was inserted in the team & have one of the deadliest strikers in Defoe who destroyed us last season.

They lost to Swansea last gameweek 

4 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

They lost to Swansea last gameweek 

Everyone thinks we will trash them 3:0 based on that. But they will park the bus, and then Defoe will score in their first chance in 90th min corner which should never be given.

But I hope Conte doesnt underestimate them.

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well if we have to rely on any single player to win a game then we are doing summet wrong.

I'd rest Diego too and play Bats.

I'd be happy with this set up.

Willian - Bats - Pedro

Alonso-Chalobah - N'Golo - Moses

Happy - Luiz - Dave

I would change formation till 3-5-2 Costa and Batshuayi up front and fabregas in midfield with matic and Kante 

What's the deal with only one game being broadcasted live tonight? Correct me if  I am wrong but I thought that restriction was only for satudays since it encouraged people to go watch lower league games or something to that effect? These restrictions are even stranger when you look how global the premier league is and how this issue in the UK is affecting a majority of the viewers and broadcasters abroad.

This is really frustrating since here in Sweden Man United is prioritized almost all the time (even though they're shit atm) due to Zlatan, which means  tonight they'll be showing their game vs Palance instead ... I had assumed all the games were to be shown live tonight but I guess i'll have to watch some crappy stream...

/rant

Johnnyeye, Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

Best team for today:

--------------------------------Courtois-------------------

Moses----Azpilicueta----David----Cahill----Alonso

--------------------------Kanté--------Matic---------------

-------------------------------Fàbregas---------------------

------------------------Batshuayi----Diego-----------

Fàbregas has to play, without the Hazard team loses too much in creativity.
Pedro and William are limited too, Chelsea won't get anything offensively with them, will depend entirely on Diego.
So it would be better to play today with Diego and Batshuayi, putting the Fabregas as "10".

blues.bridge likes this