Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

I knew Sunderland have been woeful and were in/near the relegation zone but I didn't realize until just now that they are literally rock bottom of the league. I haven't been paying any attention to that end of the table.

How embarrassing would it be if we lost this one? :D All of those "Chelsea are only top because they don't play any midweek games" people will feel validated.

Unlike West Brom, Sunderland don't have the personnel or the coaching to remain solid defensively for an entire match so I'm not as worried for this one. Biggest concerns are fatigue after yesterday (Diego looked shattered by the end of that match) the yellow card situation with many of our most important players, and David Luiz's knee. He was bullied by Rondon yesterday several times and I wonder if that's because he wasn't fully fit.

Even if they do score against us I can't see them stopping us from scoring at least 2. If we approach this with the same focus and desire as the last 9 matches we should win easily. If we just look past them and think we can just show up and go through the motions to pick up 3 points we can get embarrassed.

Also, I wonder if this may be the game Conte finally rotates a player or two. Maybe Cesc in for Matic or Kante and Willian for Pedro. Just to get fresh legs in the team and to throw Sunderland off. They'll be preparing for and expecting the same exact side we've been playing so surprising them with Fabregas may work a charm.

Am I seeing things? Pizy is confident about a Chelsea match? We're so gonna drop points at Sunderland.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DYC. said:

Hope Van Aanholt plays a blinder and Conte/Chelsea decide to pick him up in the winter. Think he could be a revelation at wingback like Moses.

No thanks. He might be great going forward but he's defensively and tactically rubbish, which are two important characteristics you also need as a wingback.

Why do we rate them so high? Why do we rate every mid/bottom table club so highly lately? We are currently the best team in England, we are playing great and we should destroy them ... and we will :) They conceded 3 goals against Swansea last gameweek ... just because they tend to defend deep in numbers doesn't make them WBA or Boro ;) I expected low scoring match against Pullis and Karanka but we will crush Moyes, trust me :) CMON CHELSEA!!! :cig:

Don't get me wrong, I don't underestimate nobody (I am sure Conte will make sure this doesn't happen), especially in Premier league but we must be all over them in this match ;) We need some high scoring game for even higher moral boost ;) 

Another testing game for us.

I honestly expect more of the same from what we seen from WBA, wingers tucking in to defend full backs, lots of men behind the ball etc, I mean Weat Brom almost played with a back 6 at times to which it worked effectively enough although Sunderland have had a lot of individual errors so might be a bit more chance of breaking the deadlock early. Can't give Defoe any chances either, he's not exactlt an amazing player but he doesn't need many chances to get a goal. Can see us winning 2-0 or 3-1 or something.

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

time to check zouma..

in the last match david luiz was terrible..

He came out and said he was still feeling the tackle from Aguero but wanted to play. He did not have a great game but he is still one of the first names on the team sheet. Zouma couldnt do for us what Luiz does.