Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

2 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

I don't think that's the case, he might be good with finishing, but he gives away possession due to his lack of quick passing ( evident under West ham) and poor ball control under pressure

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I don't think he's even that good going forward.

I agree. He's not that bad, but not terrific either. He rarely tries to go past his man because he lacks pace and dribbling skills to do that, more often than not he stops, thinks and goes central or passes back/sideways. Once in a dangerous position though, he can be lethal..

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eisenstein said:

No love for this guy? He's been fantastic scoring goals. 

You’ve not realised yet that even if he was to score a hat trick every week people would still complain!! Doing good for a guy who’s played every match for us more or less since making his debut v Arsenal last season. Must be knackered. Think some healthy competition would be good for him too.

Real Madrid desperate to sign Chelsea star Marcos Alonso

REAL MADRID want to sign Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/672444/Chelsea-Marcos-Alonso-Real-Madrid-Antonio-Conte-Zinedine-Zidane-rumours-gossip-news

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Real Madrid desperate to sign Chelsea star Marcos Alonso

REAL MADRID want to sign Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/672444/Chelsea-Marcos-Alonso-Real-Madrid-Antonio-Conte-Zinedine-Zidane-rumours-gossip-news

Maybe we can swap him for Ronaldo :ph34r:😂😂 don balon reporting that rumour he's the biggest bull shitter in Spain he reported that ronaldo wants to join Chelsea 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/899745/Real-Madrid-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Chelsea-transfer-news-La-Liga-Antonio-Conte-gossip

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Maybe we can swap him for Ronaldo :ph34r:😂😂 don balon reporting that rumour he's the biggest bull shitter in Spain he reported that ronaldo wants to join Chelsea 

I believe him. CR phoned me this morning to ask if he could stay with me awhile and I show him around when he comes.7ae0656ddabaaae4884bfd86b6467571.gif

He is a good goalscorer, but that's like a central forward having good defensive awareness. It could be useful, but how many times would he get himself in a position to score from that position? Would always prefer someone who is better at crossing, especially with having heading maestro in Alvaro.

I understand his bad points but why is it do you think that both Alonso and Moses are thought of better by peeps outside of Chelsea (or maybe in here I dunno) than we do.

Media,pudits etc all love them.

I'm worried that IF we bring in Sandro (who is only 1 step up on stats lists than Alonso) that he wont fit in/gel/handle the PL etc etc Or Telles to that matter.

Are we being too hard on him.

Cause I really dont mind him for most of the time.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I understand his bad points but why is it do you think that both Alonso and Moses are thought of better by peeps outside of Chelsea (or maybe in here I dunno) than we do.

Media,pudits etc all love them.

I'm worried that IF we bring in Sandro (who is only 1 step up on stats lists than Alonso) that he wont fit in/gel/handle the PL etc etc Or Telles to that matter.

Are we being too hard on him.

Cause I really dont mind him for most of the time.

Don't watch them for 90 minutes a game like we do. Especially with Alonso who it is easy to rate if you just watch MOTD.

A very wide gulf separates Alonso and Moses IMO. Don't personally know anyone who rates Moses and I'm not a fan of his game either - not to mention he's very injury-prone. 

Alonso on the other hand is a good player; one who we could move very easily IMO if we wanted to. 

Personally, I think replacing alonso with Santro would be a huge mistake. I'm not saying that Alonso is better than Sandro, but he's not far behind, albeit with completely diff characteristics.

The squad has so many other weaknesses that spending a lot of money to improve the one position we actually have some quality, which often gives an edge (aka goals), would be silly.

A very wide gulf separates Alonso and Moses IMO. Don't personally know anyone who rates Moses and I'm not a fan of his game either - not to mention he's very injury-prone. 
Alonso on the other hand is a good player; one who we could move very easily IMO if we wanted to. 
Personally, I think replacing alonso with Santro would be a huge mistake. I'm not saying that Alonso is better than Sandro, but he's not far behind, albeit with completely diff characteristics.
The squad has so many other weaknesses that spending a lot of money to improve the one position we actually have some quality, which often gives an edge (aka goals), would be silly.
Alonso just isn't mobile enough for whilst Moses can run for days. Ability might even be second to that when WB's are being discussed.

Also, we have to remember Moses is a winger by trade and not a great one for that matter.

IMO if we are going to continue with 3:5:2, we desperately need top central midfielder then. That should be priority. Im not talking about good one, but realy realy good one.

In 3:5:2 we "lose" one winger, meaning less dynamic upfront, and that gives more workload on wingbacks who have to provide width and support for Eden and Morata, but more importantly, core of our play goes from trio Eden Morata Pedro to Eden and MIDFIELD. And our midfielders bar Kante (and even he isnt realy good in possesion) are average. 

I never liked 3:5:2 and I was hoping Conte wont play any system with 3 at the back. But 3:4:3, I realy loved last season. Going to 3:5:2 this year, I dont like it at all. As I said we dont have Pedro/Willian in this formation and all the workload in attack goes to only Eden. Because despite we have in 3:5:2 extra midfielder, we dont have any quality midfielders to actualy make that difference. 

Therefore midfielder should be absolute priority. Im talking about Modric, Vidal class of midfielders. 

Juve had Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal plus Marchisio for that midfield trio and even then I didnt like their system because it had many flaws. But that midfielde was quality, not to mention they had top defence and quality striker in Tevez. And yet they were still poor outside italy in that system.

Back in chelsea 2004-2010 people say Drogba, Terry, Lamps,...I dont agree that was the reason for success. We had Lamps, Ballack, Makelele, Essien in midfield. Good midfield is the core fundation for any quality side. Now we have Kante who is comparable to those above, but also Cesc who is shit under pressure, Bakayoko who cant control the ball all of sudden and Barkley who had yet to prove himself.

In the end, I hope we dont plan on continuing 3:5:2 and its just temporary. I would love to see us go back to 4:3:3 eventualy. 

As for Marcos, he is valuable with his goals and that should not be underestimated, but we still need a good wingback. Marcos is good footballer, but wingback has to be quick, good defender and good attacker. Marcos is just the later.