Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

8 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

should have pushed for Mendy and other strong, fast and skilled options more instead of singularly moving for for Sandro.

I'm hoping Kenedy gets time and has 9-10 strong performances this season.

Mendy said that he only moved because he wanted to work under Pep.  It it was us, he wouldn't have come.

I don't know if it's just paper talk, but I'm not sure that Mendy was an option.

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Mendy said that he only moved because he wanted to work under Pep.  It it was us, he wouldn't have come.

I don't know if it's just paper talk, but I'm not sure that Mendy was an option.

No, it's definitely not just paper talk. Monaco's president told the press that Mendy had said that to him. It was reported in quotes so the president definitely said it and, if he was lying or misrepresenting Mendy, you'd expect the Man City man to have commented about it publicly. Mendy has not denied the claim however so I think we have to take this as fact.

3 hours ago, Igi26 said:

When someone names Alaba as a better play than Alonso...Alonso is better than Alaba, Alaba has been poor for 2 seasons already. One should look at his reaction vs. PSG where Mbappe sends him to donuts. 

Mbappe sends most people for donuts. Shudder to think what he’d do to Alonso. 

I’d take Alaba. Think he needs a new challenge in a new league. He certainly is better than Alonso still, even if he has had two poor seasons by his standard. 

On 28/09/2017 at 5:33 PM, ja1 said:

Sandro, Rose, Alaba, Mendy, Alba, Marcelo (ofc), Luis, Mendy are the obvious ones. A number of players may not be obvious but I feel they'd make us a more dangerous side (Telles, Kolasinac). Failing that at least get some competition /back up for the man, ideally a young player with potential. Theo Hernandez would be that perfect player, alas Madrid got one of the future top full backs for just £22m.

from the names you mentioned, realistically i think it will be very hard to get any of them, at the moment they all play for top sides, so you can imagine we would have to cough up silly money to sign any of them, also if the player will want to come to us and the club wanting to sell, you saw the mess we made with Alex Sandro who i thought we had a very good chance to sign, but Juventus played hard ball too, we should have focused on other targets to. I think we will try to get one of them in the summer and we may succeed or not, it will depend on a lot of things or we could find a gem somewhere. Cheers

16 hours ago, Georgy said:

How exactly was Sandro more realistic than Mendy? We simply put all our eggs in one basked like usual.

Was anyone else in for Sandro apart from us? I don't think so and because of the money we were prepared to offer both Juve and Sandro himself, it was realistic but did not happen. Mendy, City were after and could guarantee him starts at LB virtually every game and I think would have offered more to Mendy than we would. And I think Mendy was wanting to play under Pep.

Just now, !Hazard! said:

As expected. Great squad player but not good enough to play for such a big club in such a demanding role.

For a defender, he is a terrible defender.

If he's not allowed to bomb forward, slowly, then he is absolutely useless.

Talking about Mendy, its actualy funny because Bakayoko and Batshuayi are big big friends with him, if we ever tried bidding for Mendy, Im quite positive he would end up here. But instead we went all in for Sandro and ended up with nothing.