test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

938 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Because just like with Ivanovic in 15/16, the alternatives are worse.

Really? Emerson has even been given a proper go at left back. How can you tell exactly? Least if we play him there, we probably won't get exposed as much by one of the most basic things around - pace. The alternatives to Alonso aren't great but like we saw with Ivanovic, it's stupid if we continue with the same issues week in week out without trying something different, doing something to make sure we get less exposed defensively. 

Strike likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I like how you're starting to believe in Jasper :) But you gotta stop calling him Cillesson, for God sake he AIN'T Swedish lol

Alonso - Cillessen swap makes too much sense so it definitely won't happen I'm afraid. I've been rooting for him for months and months already and I'm certain he's the best keeper we've produced since van der Sar. Absolute top class on the ball and very good reaction saver

He is Dutch like you, I know

 

where did I type it   on  ?

I am dyslexic, btw so make many typos:(

if he was Swedish it would probably end in on not en although Cillesson is not a real name, I looks strange even:)

Danish often ends in en, so does Norwegian

Larsson  usually Swedish

Larssen or Larsen usually Danish or Norwegian

Ericsson usually Swedish

Eriksen  Danish or Norse

Andreas Christensen well, you get the point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Because just like with Ivanovic in 15/16, the alternatives are worse.

What is worse about Emerson? He at least has tangible qualities unlike Alonso who is good at free kicks and that’s about it. Emerson has pace to overlap, can dribble, attempts to pass and move and can create chances. Same number of assists in 5 appearances for us that Alonso managed in a whole league season. Even this pre season, in less minutes can point to two clear cut chances Emerson has made (Pedro in first game and Abraham in second). 

I’m not completely sold on Emerson, he seems either low on confidence or just lacking extra bit of quality to be a top LB. But he damn well deserves a chance as it’s clear he has some strengths where Alonso lacks and if Marcos Alonso has managed to be be given a competitionless 2 seasons as our starting LB Emerson at least deserves a run of game.

 

In summary, Emerson hasn’t set pre season alight per se but he at least has shown some of his strengths. Alonso every appearance for Chelsea FC doesn’t set anything alight. Annoys me when people call out Emerson having an average game as to why Alonso should start when Alonso is average at best for 60% of his games, not really contributing anything meaningful to attack or defence (the rest are worse than average).

Mufassir08, Jason, Clockwork and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I like how you're starting to believe in Jasper :) But you gotta stop calling him Cillesson, for God sake he AIN'T Swedish lol

Alonso - Cillessen swap makes too much sense so it definitely won't happen I'm afraid. I've been rooting for him for months and months already and I'm certain he's the best keeper we've produced since van der Sar. Absolute top class on the ball and very good reaction saver

THIS is deffo Dutch!!

 

even though sung in English

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ja1 said:

What is worse about Emerson? He at least has tangible qualities unlike Alonso who is good at free kicks and that’s about it. Emerson has pace to overlap, can dribble, attempts to pass and move and can create chances. Same number of assists in 5 appearances for us that Alonso managed in a whole league season. Even this pre season, in less minutes can point to two clear cut chances Emerson has made (Pedro in first game and Abraham in second). 

I’m not completely sold on Emerson, he seems either low on confidence or just lacking extra bit of quality to be a top LB. But he damn well deserves a chance as it’s clear he has some strengths where Alonso lacks and if Marcos Alonso has managed to be be given a competitionless 2 seasons as our starting LB Emerson at least deserves a run of game.

 

In summary, Emerson hasn’t set pre season alight per se but he at least has shown some of his strengths. Alonso every appearance for Chelsea FC doesn’t set anything alight. Annoys me when people call out Emerson having an average game as to why Alonso should start when Alonso is average at best for 60% of his games, not really contributing anything meaningful to attack or defence (the rest are worse than average).

How is he gonna set preseason alight when Sarri keeps playing piss poor Alonso over him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with him is that his name should be AlonZo. People who speak Portuguese use the "s" in that situation, but spanish should use the "z".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn't even an LB. More of a left-midfielder than a fullback. 

Defence worries me, man. Chels lack true quality in the centre of defence (Christensen>Rudiger for me but even Chris is still a developing CB) and left-back is real worry for me. Was hoping Emerson would come good but that doesn't seem to be the case (at least not yet). That left flank could be exposed.

Think Sarri would be wise to deploy Azpi on the left. But I don't like Zappacosta at RB. Moses should be ahead of Zappacosta in the pecking order imo. Think he would make a decent RB.

Tomo and Strike like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REAL WANT ALONSO

Real Madrid are set to target Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso, according to Don Balon. 

New manager Julen Lopetegui is said to want the Spain international at the Bernabeu and has asked the club to make a move.

Interesting, what a shame our window is closing early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

REAL WANT ALONSO

Real Madrid are set to target Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso, according to Don Balon. 

New manager Julen Lopetegui is said to want the Spain international at the Bernabeu and has asked the club to make a move.

Interesting, what a shame our window is closing early.

Alonso + Courtois for Kovacic

eemanyooel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if Real come calling do the deal. Get a decent left back. Alonso is a decent left wing back yeah but different playing in a back 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah if Real come calling do the deal. Get a decent left back. Alonso is a decent left wing back yeah but different playing in a back 4.

No chance to let me have Telles then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

No chance to let me have Telles then?

Haha Telles would probably be Madrid bound if Alonso doesn’t go. Been a lot of rumours about it because Lopetgui or whatever worked with him when he was at Porto IIRC. Would be a upgrade over Alonso in a back 4 defos but he’s still a bit suspect defensively. He’s much much more like Marcelo than Filipe Luis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Haha Telles would probably be Madrid bound if Alonso doesn’t go. Been a lot of rumours about it because Lopetgui or whatever worked with him when he was at Porto IIRC. Would be a upgrade over Alonso in a back 4 defos but he’s still a bit suspect defensively. He’s much much more like Marcelo than Filipe Luis. 

I always liked Luis

yuvala likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

REAL WANT ALONSO

Real Madrid are set to target Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso, according to Don Balon. 

New manager Julen Lopetegui is said to want the Spain international at the Bernabeu and has asked the club to make a move.

Interesting, what a shame our window is closing early.

Don Balon

hahaha..says it all

 

yuvala likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bertrand/Telles on deadline would be great but its never happening. 

Seems LB and striker will be priorities next windows unless Morata and Emerson step up big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now