test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike

3. Marcos Alonso

Started by Spike,

506 posts in this topic

Really think he deserves to be in that PFA Team of the year. Rose has been brilliant but also injured for large parts too while Alonso has consistently put in good performances and has scored 5 league goals which is remarkable. The English factor helped Rose there.

Yeboii, King11Didier and 11Drogba like this

Alan Pardew on MNF said Alonso's inexperienced and has surprised as a LWB.

He is absolutely clueless. Alonso has been playing on a decent level for years now and has clearly upped his game since he joined us, especially after Conte changed to 3-4-3. His contribution is really great and he helps Hazard very much, because he drags the opposition defenders out wide. His crossing is decent and he has a very good left foot.

This season he has been performing very well for months, but doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Pardew can fuck off. Inexperienced? Alonso has 220 senior games to his name... and even then if he was inexperienced Alonso has been along with Bertrand and Rose, one of the best left back/wing backs in the league this year I think. Plus hes going to be a Premier League Champion come end of this month, Pardew cant exactly say hes done that can he? Theres a reason why hes only managed at certain clubs because he has no idea what hes going on about. 

Stats likes this

Underrated. Mostly by Chelsea fans...

I think people are aware of the ability he possesses, but his performance could have been completely different had Traore attacked him.
quickpassnmove likes this

36 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think people are aware of the ability he possesses, but his performance could have been completely different had Traore attacked him.

To be fair, Traore did try to attack him a couple of times in the first half but Boro were too useless and couldn't get any foothold in the game to cause real trouble.

nyikolajevics likes this

To be fair, Traore did try to attack him a couple of times in the first half but Boro were too useless and couldn't get any foothold in the game to cause real trouble.

The fact Alonso was in their half more than his own says how bad they were on the night.

Great performance today, definetly deserved the goal. Could have made an assist if Costa was one inch taller :)

6 goals and 3 assists already, amazing stats.

Johnnyeye likes this

Don't think he ever lost control of the ball from any long pass played towards him today (even if he had help from Traore failing to track back). Its been such a benefit this season having full-backs playing on the side that suits their stronger foot. 

Not to mention he subdued Traore, who was forced to cut into the center of the field to make any kind of advance

Traore and Rafael on a relegation side? 

We still need a baller with speed as an alternative there while we aspire to much greater than beating mediocre Premier League sides.

Good game from him nonetheless.

Turns out that he's been a great signing. Very valuable player to have in your squad, I'm sure we'll find that out even more next season. 

Not sure about Moses, but Alonso will certainly remain our first choice next season unless we pull some ridiculous signing like Sandro, Alba or Alaba.

He has been that important for us.

Robguima likes this

Truly didn't expect it from him this season. 

I still think he is below par for CL elite material, but for a last minute buy not bad at all. 

If Conte can pick out players like this then I can't wait to see what surprise he picks this summer. 

I know not everything will be amazing. But if he can get 3 out 4 good buys then that's all you need. 

He doesn't look or play like he's taken a life before. I'm surprised how together he seems to be even 6 years on.

Rumors saying Barcelona are interested in him. 

Hopefully not true, but Barcelona desperately need new FBs.

He can only keep getting better, which is frightening. I would definitely not mind him being our first choice LB next season. He's earned it. 

3 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Rumors saying Barcelona are interested in him. 

Hopefully not true, but Barcelona desperately need new FBs.

He can only keep getting better, which is frightening. I would definitely not mind him being our first choice LB next season. He's earned it. 

Rumours say Barcelona are interested in everyone. Weren´t they supposed to be going after cuadrado when he was with us or something?

On Alonso, I doubt they want him. I don´t see him fitting that Barca fullback style