Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

On 24-4-2017 at 9:08 PM, Special Juan said:

I wouldn't give that club and that president a fucking penny for him.

Because ADL didn't want to sell him last summer because they had higher hopes of being in the UCL and competing against Juventus? And they lost Higuain as well. The Napoli fans wouldn't accept it. Koulibaly is still a damn fine defender and if Napoli want to sell him for a good fee Chelsea should move for him. 

He's the type of killer-defender you want to have. Him or Van Dijk. 

It's not Napoli's or ADL's job to sell to us when we come knocking. 

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

Before, I would've taken him, but I'd be scared to now after seeing Mangala fail in England. They play like-for-like in every way from what I've seen.

Exactly. He reminds me Mangala a lot. Mangala was superb too when he was at Porto. We can't deny that there is a lot of chances he will fail in PL. It huge risk.

41 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Because ADL didn't want to sell him last summer because they had higher hopes of being in the UCL and competing against Juventus? And they lost Higuain as well. The Napoli fans wouldn't accept it. Koulibaly is still a damn fine defender and if Napoli want to sell him for a good fee Chelsea should move for him. 

He's the type of killer-defender you want to have. Him or Van Dijk. 

It's not Napoli's or ADL's job to sell to us when we come knocking. 

I can't agree and I wouldn't pay anymore than 20M for him.

Who said it was their job to sell to us if we came knocking? Stop assuming.

Had my doubts about him last season, which is why I didn't agree with the whole 'get him at all costs' narrative that ran through this thread last summer. Even more doubts after the current season. Physically impressive and all but leaves a lot to be desired on a tactical level. Doesn't offer any leadership qualities either in terms of organising the defence. He could be very useful alongside highly tactically astute defenders, but Chelsea don't have those types in their ranks. Someone like Van Dijk is the superior prospect, and even Virgil doesn't fully convince me as a potential top defender.

Napoli turning down that ridiculous offer was a blessing in disguise. For me anyway.

8 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Had my doubts about him last season, which is why I didn't agree with the wholw 'get him at all costs' narrative that ran through this thread last summer. Even more doubts after the current season. Physically impressive and all but leaves a lot to be desired on a tactical level. Doesn't offer any leadership qualities either in terms of organising the defence. He could be very useful alongside highly tactically astute defenders, but Chelsea don't have those types in their ranks. Someone like Van Dijk is the superior prospect, and even Virgil doesn't fully convince me as a potential top defender.

Napoli turning down that ridiculous offer was a blessing in disguise. For me anyway.

Agree, I'm not a big fan of Koulibaly either, but after this season Conte deserves to be trursted. If this guy is what he needs then make it happen if it's possible.

• 1 month later...

I know it sounds crazy cause Bonucci is the best defender in the world, but if we were to only buy one, K2 fits our current needs far better. The dude is a mountain of a man with some good skill, he would be a great LCB. Dealing with Napoli is just the worst though. Lets hope we buy who Conte wants quickly.

Maybe Koulibaly is our last backup option this year. If we're going to believe to the media our first options are VVD and Bonucci. At least we know that ADL confirmed that if we want him this summer he could be ours for a right price (60m).

17 hours ago, the wes said:

Premium Sport have revealed that Napoli have a gentleman’s agreement with Koulibaly that will allow him to leave if they receive a bid of €60 million (£52m).

Lol, gentleman agreement if someone pays the biggest fee ever for the defender? 

Starting to believe that we should stick with what we've got plus Christensen. We won't pay this big fee and I don't want cheaper alternatives like Rudiger or De Vrij. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Lol, gentleman agreement if someone pays the biggest fee ever for the defender? 

Starting to believe that we should stick with what we've got plus Christensen. We won't pay this big fee and I don't want cheaper alternatives like Rudiger or De Vrij. 

I really still dont know enough about him than when we were first linked to him apart from theres a large gap between us of peeps that want him and peeps that want him to do one.

But we really cant sit back thinking we should stick with what we got plus another kid who polarizes views Christensen. You saw how we was taken advantage of at times last season - and now other managers have had time to suss our tactics out and more teams will be doing it.

I was positive that a CB would have been sorted very quick but I'm used to having Blue dreams broken Had visions of all our incoming sorted early and getting together well in time for pre season. Like I said - Blue dreams.

Not given up hope yet tho!

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We will probably be chasing him, then it will fail, we will then turn to VvD and then when that fails turn to Andreas and claim it was our intention to make him first choice all along.:lol:

We were chasing vvd first, from all the rumour i've gathered after they humiliated us last summer, we stopped trying altogether. All these noise only come from Adl and kouli agent, napoli probaly needs money to comply with FFP <_< 

christensen confirmed he will return

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You