The Conte Thread

Problems run deeper than our manager..When you finish 1st ,10th ,1st and 5th..You have to question the mentality of the squad....How can they be so inconsistent?...Conte's tactics does not excuse them performing for our badge and  the shirt....We need a complete overhaul in terms of style, identity , quality and the mentality
Same players seem to have downed tools again and the fighters have either left or are unavailable.

So much needs to change in the summer

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

He's probably sick of being at Chelsea, and rightly so. Totally uninterested in the team for a few months I reckon.
Nice to see people catching up on what kind of a player Hazard really is, Courtois too. Sell them and build something new.
Also, it's so embarrassing to have only one midfielder at this club.

Then he should resign and forefit his £9m.

Conte has protected his players by taking much of the criticism aimed at Chelsea on his own shoulders or deflecting it towards the boardroom over the club’s transfer strategy.
But those players, who owe their winners’ medals from last season to the Italian’s coaching, are giving up on trying to save Conte or at least attempting to send him out in style.
They have sensed change for months and, knowing it is Conte and not themselves who will pay the price for a disappointing title defence, too many have grown tired of his tough training, regular video sessions and dark moods.

From Matt law

Says a lot about this players mentality

1 hour ago, FabHazard said:

Problems run deeper than our manager..When you finish 1st ,10th ,1st and 5th..You have to question the mentality of the squad....How can they be so inconsistent?...Conte's tactics does not excuse them performing for our badge and  the shirt....We need a complete overhaul in terms of style, identity , quality and the mentality

While some of the blame definitely has to be placed on the players, the vast majority lies with the board/owner. When you win titles you're supposed to build upon that success and add quality and depth to maintain the momentum. In each of our last two title wins the club has either become complacent or penny pinched.

Last title win we essentially signed no one and combined with Mourinho's toxic personality it was disastrous. This past summer we tried to prevent that from happening but have an absolutely clueless transfer strategy and bought loads of mediocre players.

Years of selling great players (Salah, KDB, Matic, Lukaku) and signing average ones has finally and mercilessly caught up with us. When the Manchester clubs are signing superstars or top quality talent whilst we buy Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley etc what do we expect? Even Liverpool are in another spending bracket than us now. Fucking Liverpool!

Must be demoralizing as a player or manager who just won the title last season watching other teams improve massively and totally eclipse you. All 4 sides above us improved significantly. The champions took a step back.

4 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Conte has protected his players by taking much of the criticism aimed at Chelsea on his own shoulders or deflecting it towards the boardroom over the club’s transfer strategy.
But those players, who owe their winners’ medals from last season to the Italian’s coaching, are giving up on trying to save Conte or at least attempting to send him out in style.
They have sensed change for months and, knowing it is Conte and not themselves who will pay the price for a disappointing title defence, too many have grown tired of his tough training, regular video sessions and dark moods.

From Matt law

like with mourinho...

From Matt law

Is it really surprising though?

I argued about this with a couple of friends.

When the players know there is unrest between manager and the board, and they know he won’t be here next season, will you give a 100%?

If you’re a fan of the club or coming from the youth ranks, probably yes but at the end of the day in football, everything is on the manager’s head because it’s easier to replace the manager than the whole team.

But it’s not only this lot. A lot of fans won’t admit but the old guards which is adored by everybody, even they downed tools on former managers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

ears of selling great players (Salah, KDB, Matic, Lukaku) and signing average ones has finally and mercilessly caught up with us. When the Manchester clubs are signing superstars or top quality talent whilst we buy Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley etc what do we expect? Even Liverpool are in another spending bracket than us now. Fucking Liverpool!

No there not.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No there not.

We'll see this summer. They sold Coutinho for 100m+ and bought VVD for 75m. If we do the same with Hazard there's little chance we'd do the same with that money. Knowing our board we'd replace one 150m player with a load of 20m players and call it even.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

He's probably sick of being at Chelsea, and rightly so. Totally uninterested in the team for a few months I reckon.
Nice to see people catching up on what kind of a player Hazard really is, Courtois too. Sell them and build something new.
Also, it's so embarrassing to have only one midfielder at this club.

I'm sick of Conte and I'm sure many Chelsea fans are.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll see this summer. They sold Coutinho for 100m+ and bought VVD for 75m. If we do the same with Hazard there's little chance we'd do the same with that money. Knowing our board we'd replace one 150m player with a load of 20m players and call it even.

We replaced Costa with Morata. If Liverpool start spending lots gross then it's a different talking point, but i highly doubt they would have spent £75m on a CB if they weren't getting the money back it in a sale.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We replaced Costa with Morata. If Liverpool start spending lots gross then it's a different talking point, but i highly doubt they would have spent £75m on a CB if they weren't getting the money back it in a sale.

We've had more money to spend than ever and still refused to buy from the top bracket. Otherwise we'd have Lukaku, VVD, Pogba etc in our side instead of our rivals. The money is there, we just choose not to spend it. I have zero faith that we'd us the Hazard money on a player or two that are close to him in quality. 

I can see it now: we sell Hazard and target Zaha and some other up and coming kid with potential to replace him.

Honestly think it’s about time he starts throwing players under the bus because some of them could sure as hell do with it. He’s obviously not gonna stay come the summer and if the club want to sack him or not, he’ll probably walk anyways so to get some results and to get some players to have a long look at themselves (particularly the ones who have been offered new deals or talks of getting new deals but not showing anything to warrant such a reward), I think he should have a go at them behind closed doors at least. Yes if you haven’t guessed the players I’m talking about are Courtois, Hazard - clubs going to “reward” them with new deals and pay rises if they want to sign them - , Cesc and Moses in particular.

He forced our board to buy by numbers and not by qualities... 

You can't throw away many players and buy 2-3 world class ones and play with 15 players in all competitons... so the board went out and bought 9 average players to fill in the bench.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We've had more money to spend than ever and still refused to buy from the top bracket. Otherwise we'd have Lukaku, VVD, Pogba etc in our side instead of our rivals. The money is there, we just choose not to spend it. I have zero faith that we'd us the Hazard money on a player or two that are close to him in quality. 

I can see it now: we sell Hazard and target Zaha and some other up and coming kid with potential to replace him.

VVD wanted Liverpool, and only Liverpool even City couldn't get him. The money is there, what we are failing on right now is recruitment.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

He "forced" our board? Lol. I guess he was begging for Drinkwater at gunpoint, that's why he isn't using him.

I didn't say he asked for Danny... I said that because of he let so many players go, the board didn't have any option than going for number of average players to fill in the squad to have enough players, instead of buying 3 World class for example.

Just now, Tomo said:

VVD wanted Liverpool, and only Liverpool even City couldn't get him. The money is there, what we are failing on right now is recruitment.

And what's bad is this happened with us in the champions league... There have some dodgy window moments so far. Without it... Who knows. Just more the same I guess.