The Conte Thread

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

Antonio Conte accuses Chelsea board of failing him after missing out on key targets: 'Last season, we won the title... and you saw our transfer market

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5511139/Antonio-Conte-Chelsea-failed-transfer-market.html

Again...

On 15.3.2018 at 6:59 PM, oldportblue said:

when it's not stuff like this, it's clickbait BS like "find out which chelsea star wants conte out" and when you click on it it's a don balon article about morata with no quotes... TC social media posts are an utter embarrassment to be honest

If that's the way to keep site alive I'm totally okay with it.

8 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

If that's the way to keep site alive I'm totally okay with it.

It feels like this site doesn't hsve half the users actively posting like it use too.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Doesn't even have a quarter. There was an influx of trolls around 2013 time who were left free to cause havoc on here for months, it frightened away numerous quality posters, most of whom haven't returned to this day and the trolls most likely frightened away potential new members too. 

This place when i joined was genuinely the best forum i have ever visited, today it's unrecognizable to those days.

It's a real shame. I have always liked the way this forum is run. I honestly do think that when the Admins abolished the 'member of the month award', there was a decline in the quality and number of posts from many memebers.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

It's a real shame. I have always liked the way this forum is run. I honestly do think that when the Admins abolished the 'member of the month award', there was a decline in the quality and number of posts from many memebers.

I respectfully disagree, quality has nothing to do with popularity. Actually, most of the times those two things are opposite, popularity is being determined by how the masses perceive something and masses rarely take into account (or are even aware of) the actual quality of that thing. Especially in our days with the use of the social media, this has become even more evident than ever before, people say/act solely with the purpose of being accepted or liked by as many others as possible without even caring if they are true to themselves.

That "member of the month award" was meaningless imo and if people stopped posting entirely because it was abolished, then we are better off without them for sure. I can show you a million examples of posts made by "unpopular" members being entirely neglected, only to be followed by a post made by a "popular" member some time after, saying exactly the same thing and receiving 10 likes. This of course is always going to happen, with or without an award, but there is no need to turn a football forum into a popularity contest and that is what was happening back then.

5 hours ago, DDA said:

One of the reasons or if not, the main reason why it got abolished because people constantly made a big fuss over the winner. If 'Person A' won it, then some members would moan why he/she won it when 'Person B' should have gotten it instead, every single time. Was meant to be a fun thing but it became something people constantly argued over with.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Doesn't even have a quarter. There was an influx of trolls around 2013 time who were left free to cause havoc on here for months, it frightened away numerous quality posters, most of whom haven't returned to this day and the trolls most likely frightened away potential new members too. 

This place when i joined was genuinely the best forum i have ever visited, today it's unrecognizable to those days.

Wasn't there also an incident a while back where an administrator (or a mod) banned a long term member for being "too controversial" which several moderators disagreed with and ended up quiting as a moderator ? I think Choulo was one of them.  Probably didn't help either.

2 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Wasn't there also an incident a while back where an administrator (or a mod) banned a long term member for being "too controversial" which several moderators disagreed with and ended up quiting as a moderator ? I think Choulo was one of them.  Probably didn't help either.

Nah. @CHOULO19 "chickened" out of the forum for other reason. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Memories a bit fuzzy but i do remember there was a lot do to about it when "Lionsden" was banned. 

I need to go clean my brain dust because I can't remember who Lionsden is. :lol: 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Fake news!
I left because I didn't want the sex scandal between me and you to get out! It was in the best interest of the forum....and any one who's ever seen how either of looks and has any imagination :P

What about the rumours of the sex tape ?

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

I believe that's nobody's fault. The rise of social media platforms has affected the popularity of fan forums.