The Conte Thread

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

The quality of articles may be questionable but in Jim's defence, he needs revenue to keep this site/forum going. Donations have dried up long time ago and couldn't sustain the amount of donations from members, especially with the site's cost going up from time to time. And it's the same case with the articles, couldn't sustain doing the thoughtful/insightful pieces as members' life changes and weren't even getting paid. 

I know, I would understand it if any attention was paid to the forum, but it's not. Also I doubt how much more revenue bullshit articles bring, I suspect there would be more readers if there was quality reading. I have for example blocked ads on the main page (not forum) because I don't intend to support that direction of TC.

This is becoming a farce now, if it hasn't already.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/17/antonio-conte-looks-to-fa-cup-after-chelsea-exit-europe

That is a deeply frustrating situation for Conte to find himself in, as he made clear when asked to assess the importance of winning the FA Cup. “A lot of times we compare good season, bad season, if you win something. You have to know which is our level now,” he said. “Last season we did a fantastic job. Also in this season we are doing a fantastic job. But you have to understand which is your position in this moment, which is your level.”

:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger::rant::rant::rant:

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Even Enrique rather go to_100464599_capture.thumb.jpg.6686cad2f1e637c8cf48ecc296dfec79.jpg arsenal than Chelsea cause he knows our board are nightmare to work with 

Tbf regardless if he comes in or not, the fans will all complain about him, the signings and his system too. I don't even bother blaming managers anymore because they all get the same shit. 

21 hours ago, the wes said:

Even Enrique rather go to_100464599_capture.thumb.jpg.6686cad2f1e637c8cf48ecc296dfec79.jpg arsenal than Chelsea cause he knows our board are nightmare to work with 

No.

Enrique rather go to Arsenal because he knows there he can have mediocre and poor results, and at least 2 humiliating defeats per season, and despite that he will keep his job for years and years.

Mate, Arsenal is the dream job for ANY manager.

On 16/03/2018 at 10:44 PM, Tomo said:

Doesn't even have a quarter. There was an influx of trolls around 2013 time who were left free to cause havoc on here for months, it frightened away numerous quality posters, most of whom haven't returned to this day and the trolls most likely frightened away potential new members too. 

This place when i joined was genuinely the best forum i have ever visited, today it's unrecognizable to those days.

I was thinking about the same thing, I think there are two main reasons behind that, and I don't its related with number of trolls:

1- "The board" started to ban the most active members for no good reason. When members like "zolayes" started to get banned the forum basically was killing itself in a slow process. Other situations like Justin3D banning was one of the most stupid things I've seen in social media. He was basically banned because the mods didn't like his opinion on some subjects. Not to mention once in a while the admins took their job a little too serious, and started to ban members because they were being "disrespected" or taunted. 

2- Reddit is killing most of the forums around. So if fans decide to discuss about Chelsea online, they will probably go to Reddit instead of joining a new forum.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I was thinking about the same thing, I think there are two main reasons behind that, and I don't its related with number of trolls:

1- "The board" started to ban the most active members for no good reason. When members like "zolayes" started to get banned the forum basically was killing itself in a slow process. Other situations like Justin3D banning was one of the most stupid things I've seen in social media. He was basically banned because the mods didn't like his opinion on some subjects. Not to mention once in a while the admins took their job a little too serious, and started to ban members because they were being "disrespected" or taunted. 

2- Reddit is killing most of the forums around. So if fans decide to discuss about Chelsea online, they will probably go to Reddit instead of joining a new forum.

hehe I remember the justin3d and sloth conversations. 

Definitely made things interesting. 

But yeah there was many bans that did not make sense. Zolayes was a good chap, even though he would be like an old annoying guy. Terminator X altough obtuse as he was, he was a very unique character to have around. 

Oh well. 

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

hehe I remember the justin3d and sloth conversations. 

Definitely made things interesting. 

But yeah there was many bans that did not make sense. Zolayes was a good chap, even though he would be like an old annoying guy. Terminator X altough obtuse as he was, he was a very unique character to have around. 

Oh well. 

I can't speak for Justin3D as I don't think I was on here back then yet but for zolayes, he had his ban coming. Got warned countless of times for his behavior on the forum, was let off the hook so many times and IIRC, he even got some suspensions. So, can't say he didn't deserve to get banned. On the broader point - and I've mentioned this before - if we're being lenient and let things slide with members, people will moan about the staff not being strict enough. If we get strict with members, people will then moan about us killing the forum etc. We have let things slide plenty of times over the years, more than we probably should. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Back to Conte. 

To me is absurd he is leaving when you have managers like Mourinho continue at their club. 

Really the club to me is absurd. 

They cannot continue to act like before because we are no longer supporting the manager like we should. 

If we had bought top class target and the manager under performed I would have understand. 

But we just keep buying crap. 

You can't have a high standard anymore when you do this. 

You sure our signings not conte's ones?

On 19/03/2018 at 8:42 PM, Fernando said:

Back to Conte. 

To me is absurd he is leaving when you have managers like Mourinho continue at their club. 

Really the club to me is absurd. 

They cannot continue to act like before because we are no longer supporting the manager like we should. 

If we had bought top class target and the manager under performed I would have understand. 

But we just keep buying crap. 

You can't have a high standard anymore when you do this. 

Everyone understands this view point that he didn't have the players to finish in the top 4, but that's not why most of the people have started disliking him (I think atleast I'm speaking for myself), you might be discontented that you don't get the players you wanted, but you don't go moaning about it every week, you still have a job, you go out and do it, the Manager instilled confidence in the players the last season, this season It's just the sense that these guys aren't good enough, granted you might not be too happy about the condition at the club, but you can do loads better than giving that ideology to the players and cutting a grumpy figure.

3 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Everyone understands this view point that he didn't have the players to finish in the top 4, but that's not why most of the people have started disliking him (I think atleast I'm speaking for myself), you might be discontented that you don't get the players you wanted, but you don't go moaning about it every week, you still have a job, you go out and do it, the Manager instilled confidence in the players the last season, this season It's just the sense that these guys aren't good enough, granted you might not be too happy about the condition at the club, but you can do loads better than giving that ideology to the players and cutting a grumpy figure.

Exactly. I admire Conte, but I'm pretty sure his behaviour is part of a reason why we're out of top 4 atm.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Exactly. I admire Conte, but I'm pretty sure his behaviour is part of a reason why we're out of top 4 atm.

Yeah, I think Conte himself won't have an excuse for that...

Going by his 'more money = more results' theory, its fair for the 2 Manchester clubs to be ahead....not Liverpool, or Tottenham however..

7 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, I think Conte himself won't have an excuse for that...

Going by his 'more money = more results' theory, its fair for the 2 Manchester clubs to be ahead....not Liverpool, or Tottenham however..

I very much doubt he thinks that more money=more results. It has always been the individual transactions we made, not money. Letting go of Matic to a rival without a ready-made replacement (who wouldn't be pissed?); missing out on Lukaku to those same rivals; failing to sign a LWB; missing out on Oxlade-Chamberlain; panic buying duds for big money near deadline day (Zap, Drinks). Also the habit of buying injured players that will not help here and now (Drinks, Baka, Barkley, Emerson). Our starting 11 was weakened while rivals strengthened their starting line-ups (Man United getting stronger directly due to our fuck ups). It was just an absolute clusterfuck.

I understand him completely, the board consists of dumbasses, but I said it last year already that his public comments casting doubt over the squad will not do any good.