The Conte Thread

Football is just crazy. Conte is doing so great right now, but in modern football it seems inevitable that one day he will get axed (might be even next season, who kwows? Last two managers to win the PL got axed right in the next season after the trophy). Then, most fans will get angry at the board, probably blame the player for the bad results...untill the next manager with good results arrive, then Conte won't be missed and might even get taunted when he returns to SB as a rival manager.

11 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

11 point gap at the 70th minute mark 1-1, bet Mourinho would have been happy with a point away from home and we'd have played a dull game until the end. 

Conte took a defender off, changed tactics, kept pushing at all costs and it payed off. Such a change in mentality, totally transforming the club from top to bottom and we're not even the finished article yet.

No more drama, controversy, silly mind games, negative tactics, no more bad press.

He's given this club a new identity and although Chelsea is hated from right to left, I bet there's a lot of neutrals saying "wow they really ditched negative tactics, they really are a fun team to watch."

Give the man a new contract and let him decide on transfers. Club's going into the right direction. Amazing time to be a Chelsea fan.

Some people say Conte just erased Mourinho's shadow, but every time I read a post like this I get the opposite feeling. At this point I think we know Conte and Mourinho are two different animals. Mourinho is an ultra defensive manager, he likes mind games, he likes to create some strong headlines to newspapers, he has a huge ego. Last game with Mourinho as the manager was back in 2015 (!!!), its not like he was sacked months ago, and its not like Conte just arrived weeks ago.

I found this on twitter by searching [conte swinging] and I found a female man utd fan tweet this.

Anna_MUFC @mufc_anna

Jose is an attention-seeking psychopath/narcissist + Conte is a passionate manager. Guess which one is swinging from dugouts

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Football is just crazy. Conte is doing so great right now, but in modern football it seems inevitable that one day he will get axed (might be even next season, who kwows? Last two managers to win the PL got axed right in the next season after the trophy). Then, most fans will get angry at the board, probably blame the player for the bad results...untill the next manager with good results arrive, then Conte won't be missed and might even get taunted when he returns to SB as a rival manager.

No manager was taunted until Mourinho because he talk crap mostly and second because he's at United. 

But other then that look at how we treated raniere? 

Mourinho will be liked again once he leaves United. But until then his the enemy. 

I don't really have much bad feelings towards mourinho, he left us with good memories and sure he poofed up into a cloud of smoke in the end, But i think he still will be a part of us no matter what :'D

Conte on the other hand is such a cute!, Kinda makes me look forward to where can go from now on with him, Would be happy to let him some extra say in transfers and give him some backing too.

21 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

11 point gap at the 70th minute mark 1-1, bet Mourinho would have been happy with a point away from home and we'd have played a dull game until the end. 

Conte took a defender off, changed tactics, kept pushing at all costs and it payed off. Such a change in mentality, totally transforming the club from top to bottom and we're not even the finished article yet.

No more drama, controversy, silly mind games, negative tactics, no more bad press.

He's given this club a new identity and although Chelsea is hated from right to left, I bet there's a lot of neutrals saying "wow they really ditched negative tactics, they really are a fun team to watch."

Give the man a new contract and let him decide on transfers. Club's going into the right direction. Amazing time to be a Chelsea fan.

Mourinho will be busy picking fights with others even if his side is sitting 10 points clear at the top.

16 hours ago, Henrique said:

Just a lot of what if's and maybe's we are after the yids won still 10 points ahead with 10 games left just enjoy it mate. If Conte does leave us he won't join another English team he's got a bond with us what's the word I'm looking for SPECIAL.

18 hours ago, Kazadoo said:

I don't really have much bad feelings towards mourinho, he left us with good memories and sure he poofed up into a cloud of smoke in the end, But i think he still will be a part of us no matter what :'D

Conte on the other hand is such a cute!, Kinda makes me look forward to where can go from now on with him, Would be happy to let him some extra say in transfers and give him some backing too.

I think Mourinho never wanted to lose his job and get his image messed up again. 

55 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

What are the odds we switch to a 352 next year? Isn't that Conte's preferred formation?

While we have Kante there is no real need for a 3 man midfield, if anything that will get in his way!!

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While we have Kante there is no real need for a 3 man midfield, if anything that will get in his way!!

Not too sure about that. Maybe not in the Premier League but think we may need it in Europe. There have been some games this season where we got overrun in midfield and Conte brought on Fabregas to help us wrestle the control back.

3 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

What are the odds we switch to a 352 next year? Isn't that Conte's preferred formation?

I was thinking maybe 4-2-4 which is what he was wanting to start with.

As for Mou he never got shouted at or slagged off (by most of us) on his 1st visit back. We even sang his name ffs.

All the shit got stirred up after he himself started slagging off everything Chelsea. Who knows if it was tongue in cheek or his BS mind games. What it does is leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and removes some of that shine from the great memories we had together.

I dont hold any grudges or bad feelings to him but till he leaves Manvland or starts remembering us for wshat we did thenhe is just like any other Manc and can fuck off!

This is how your proper Chelsea supporter feels after a win and the epitome of excitement!

226078.jpg

5 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

He played 4-2-4 before Juventus, then tried it at Turin and it didn't work so he switched to 3-5-2

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. 

If we bring in Morata and Lukaku to replace Costa then I'm sure we're headed for a 352. Especially if we bring in Barkley as he'd be a good sub for the 3rd in the midfield.