test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,970 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

true, can you imagine him winning 3 straight league titles with Chelsea, i would be over the moon :) 

3 consecutive titles would be mad! We-ll have to wait and see how we do this summer. If the board backs him a 100%, I don't see why not

Johnnyeye and zekinjo like this

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

true, can you imagine him winning 3 straight league titles with Chelsea, i would be over the moon :) 

I SO WISH. But let's be real. That's never going to happen. I believe we will win the title again within 3 years, but not consecutively. The competition in the PL is extremely hard compared to other leagues in the world. No doubt both Manchester clubs will strengthen and one of these AT LEAST will have a breakthrough season. 

It's the matter of bouncing back that is key.

Stats, Johnnyeye and communicate like this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Maybe 3 is stretching it but i honestly believe retaining it is a very real possibility.

I know we think Manc clubs will improve next season and quite probably will but how many seasons now has thing's meant to have been different next time? When we won in 2015 it was supposedly going to be the last run away title win for quite some time, yet what happened next year? Leicester City ran away with it. This season was suppose to be a close race in the league of manager's and Conte left all trailing in his wake. 

Spot on! 

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Hopefully JT is right and we do sign 4 or 5 top class players.

If we're going to be competitive on all fronts I'm expecting 2-3 high quality players plus 1-2 new arrivals. 

Ps: Conte said we're gonna replace Iva, Terry, Oscar, Obi Mikel + if you add Diego Costa we should have 5 new players.

I bet Roman's even more surprised than all of us that we won it. If there was a season to make him fall back in lust with the club, this was it.

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

9 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

I like this picture, describe exactly what kind of Person Conte is. :)

Ostrzewtlumie_brER3MX4lv,q150.jpg

I would never think of him as a cosplay person :ph34r:

MefiX19 and Last Sicarius like this

Many congrats to Conte, and also for winning the LMA Manager of the year, very well deserved, an outstanding 1st season in England, steadied Chelsea after our turbulent 15/16 season, turned things around in an instant after 2 straight losses to Liverpool and Arsenal, saw what was wrong and he fixed it, changed the system and we never looked back since, this man has a lot of passion, fire, desire, ruthlessness, always driving the team forward, always looking to improve to reach perfection and success, he´s just class, a true gentleman on and off the pitch, really amazing what a year does for a team , for me he´s an unanimous winner of this award. Lets hope we can make it a double with the FA Cup, it would be the cherry on top of a great season. Cheers and KTBFFH ;)

DAdjqfMXYAEKPDt.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 10:17 PM, Clockwork said:

This is false, you are equating mediocrity for hard/tough. The biggest difference between PL and other major leagues, is that they all have elite sides that are dominant. If any of Juve, Bayern, Barca, and Madrid were in the PL they would also convincingly win the league on a consistent basis. In comparison no team in this league is great, just good and sometime not even that. Look at our side that won the league two years and finished 10th last season. Or an average side like Leicester City won the league and finished 12th the next season. This is not examples of tough competition, it is examples of mediocrity. 

Image result for rap battle meme

The truth, it hurts.

Instead of calling the EPL the "most competitive league in the world", we should call it the "most entertaining". It's competitive because there are no elite teams; everyone can be beat each other. Leicester City were the best performing English team in the Champions League. Leicester fucking City. 

8 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Image result for rap battle meme

The truth, it hurts.

Instead of calling the EPL the "most competitive league in the world", we should call it the "most entertaining". It's competitive because there are no elite teams; everyone can be beat each other. Leicester City were the best performing English team in the Champions League. Leicester fucking City. 

It can be competitive and entertaining at the same time. In fact competition breeds entertainment, this is why leagues like in Spain, France, Italy are boring. A competitive league can consist of great teams and shit teams, doesn't matter, lack of quality doesn't exclude nor include competitiveness - both are separate things that can coexist. How people can suggest that EPL isn't the most competitive among elite leagues is beyond me, what is it then? We start each season with 6 title hopefuls, what other elite league has that? Yes it is full of mediocre teams that can beat each other and as such the league winner isn't pre-decided before the season starts, isn't that like the definition of tough competition?

NiclasCFC, MefiX19, 11Drogba and 1 other like this

Yellow journalism on Twitter saying the board isn't pushing for Conte's transfer targets.

Even though our season officially ends after the FA Cup final this weekend....

Very, very certain our board give Conte a big, fat, new contract with a huge pay rise and a big chest of fresh dough for them transfers.

laura90 and Johnnyeye like this